Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#551 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mochamentos

Told ya'all I'd be updating.
After a little incident involving burnt macaroni and cheese...
Non-literal sparks flew between Azure and a local townie named Nicholaus Riverhawk.
She'd met him on an online dating website and been trying to get him to come over to her house, naturally she was ecstatic when he finally visited. What followed was a marriage proposal and a private wedding that took place in the front yard all in one night.
Of course, I had to give him a makeover:
Then their "honeymoon" in the bedroom where I had them try for a baby.
There were no chimes the first try, to I had them try again, and this time, the chimes sounded! That means the first baby is on the way! Could it be the possible heir? I doubt it, I have never gotten an heir on the first try but we'll wait and see.

The best chances you have are getting an heir on the first try is on this generation- after that, the family tree of genetics gets scattered with other genetics to play a part. As nice as it is to get an heir on the first try, having more means more practice for when 20+ kids comes along, and still no heir. xD
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#552 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 1:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
The best chances you have are getting an heir on the first try is on this generation- after that, the family tree of genetics gets scattered with other genetics to play a part. As nice as it is to get an heir on the first try, having more means more practice for when 20+ kids comes along, and still no heir. xD

Yeah, I'm probably not going to be as lucky as in my other family. Second attempt, my founder gave birth to twins and one of them ended up being heir-material. I'll be lucky if that happens again, which I doubt it will.
Test Subject
#553 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 5:55 PM
Heyo, I'm also playing this challenge at my new sims tumblr, if you're interested. Here!

This is my founder, Neela Fae. She's a fairy with blue hair and teal eyes as well as a special skin.
The heir needs to have hair and eye color and possibly the skin if that isn't too difficult.
I was lucky with the traits: Supernatural Fan, Brave, Perfectionist, Artistic and Dislikes Children - not too bad for a start, right?

I'll probably update here from time to time if I'm allowed
Test Subject
#554 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 12:24 AM
On my third try now, so far I've managed to make it to te 4th generation without managing to somehow ruin it all! Perhaps I'll actually manage to finish the challenge this time n_n
Test Subject
#555 Old 3rd May 2014 at 7:24 PM
im trying it. it'll be fun
Quote: Originally posted by Gurra09
"Once upon a time, the Mighty Player sent a Sim to live in the world where all its creations were living happily. But this very Sim had something special that no other Sims had, unique eyes that nobody before had seen anything alike and a hair colour that astonished everyone who saw it. They were destined by their creator to give birth to a heir with the same special looks who would get the same task until the genes had prospered for 10 generations. But their creator wouldn't let them pass that easy, because those with the perfect genes would forever hate their own children."

Welcome to the Perfect Genetics challenge!

This is a challenge for The Sims 3, created by me and a friend of mine from the Swedish Sims community, Henkla. Easily described it has one main goal; you should create a sim with a unique hair and eye colour, and make it to the 10th generation without losing the genes. More detailed rules you may find below. No cheats are allowed when you play if you follow the rules to 100%, the exceptions are moveobjects, resetsim and building cheats if needed.

Create your Sim
Your first sim is the one who will start the challenge, and you are allowed to make them almost any way you want em to be, but there are a few rules:
- your Sim must be YA or Adult
- your Sim must have an extraordinary hair colour (i.e. white, purple, neon green)
- your Sim must have an extraordinary eye colour (i.e. red, pink, yellow)
- your Sim must have the Dislikes Children trait and four other traits which are chosen randomly by the game.

Tips: Make your sim truly unique even when it comes to other things than hair and eyes. Give them special clothing that follows some theme or that are just plain weird.

Give your Sim a house
When it comes to housing there are no rules, you are free to build anything you want to!

Tips: If you want your family to be a little different, build a special house for them like a castle or an outdoor camping place! Or they could have just an ordinary family home. Keeping dead family members in a family graveyard on the lot can be very fun.

Partner, Children and Heirs
Your sim are free to marry any sim, and have as many children as possible. But there are some rules to follow:
- your partner may be a sim made in CAS by you or another player as long as they do NOT have your special genes (relatives to your founder are ok to marry, though)
- every time you have the opportunity to choose traits for your Sim you must click the Random button
- the heir, the child who is going to continue the family, MUST have both the unique hair and eye colours. This sim has one exception to the previous rule, in that that one of their traits must be Dislikes Children
- Sims may adopt, but adopted children won't be allowed as heirs (since they won't have the perfect genetics)
- you are not allowed to dye Sim's hairs or changing their eye colour to make them heirs, a heir must be born as a heir

Tips: Get your heirs woohoo:ing as fast as possible, because you never know how many children it will take until you have one with the perfect genes. One of my sims had 9 children, then she had to drink a Young Again potion, marry a new partner, and have 3 more children before the family had a heir.

Goal of the Challenge
The Perfect Genetics challenge have one very easy goal:
- you win when you have given birth to a sim with the perfect genes in the 10th generation

Tips: Have fun while playing!

Extra Challenge (Optional)
If you want your Perfect Genetics challenge to be even harder, you can add an extra element:
- In addition to eye and hair colour, also give your sim a unique skin colour (blue, green or red)
- This means that there are three criterias for a sim to be your heir; skin, eye and hair colour

Additional rules with Pets EP (Optional)
Do your perfect sims want to have a perfect pet? Well then, why not?
- When creating your first sim in CAS, also create a pet of any kind you like, it could be a horse, a cat, or a dog.
- The pet should not be of any of the pre-designed breed but special, just like your sim. For example, if your sim has purple hair your pet shall have purple fur, if your sim has red eyes your pet shall have red eyes.
- Your pet shall also breed and get heirs just like your sims. There is no generational end for the pet part of the family, they should just keep on breeding heirs of the next pet generation until the sim part of the family has reached the 10th generation.

Perfect Genetics-Midnight Sun Challenge
This combination of my two Perfect Genetics and Midnight Sun has grown popular in the Swedish sims community.
In that combination challenge you just follow the rules of both challenges, except for the MSC 5 generations rule, since PG is 10 generations. It's very funny and I do recommend it if you're looking for a really hard but fun challenge!
Lab Assistant
#556 Old 8th May 2014 at 10:49 PM
Okay, so I decided to try this challenge on my non-legacy family as a change of pace, figuring it would be a less stressful challenge. Of course, I also had to go for all three: hair, eyes, and skintone which might be my problem. As my founder is up to 10 kids already and still doesn't have an heir. And since I've read it only gets harder from there... I think I might just have to surrender and pick the oldest child who inherited both her hair and eye color and pretend the skintone never happened...

My Random Legacy Challenge:

Lab Assistant
#557 Old 8th May 2014 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moonenvoy
Okay, so I decided to try this challenge on my non-legacy family as a change of pace, figuring it would be a less stressful challenge. Of course, I also had to go for all three: hair, eyes, and skintone which might be my problem. As my founder is up to 10 kids already and still doesn't have an heir. And since I've read it only gets harder from there... I think I might just have to surrender and pick the oldest child who inherited both her hair and eye color and pretend the skintone never happened...

for my first gen it took 6 kid and my second one it took 4 (they are quadruplets.)
Instructor
#558 Old 9th May 2014 at 2:46 PM

I love how you say at the beginning you figure it would be a 'less stressful' challenge.
Lab Assistant
#559 Old 9th May 2014 at 4:36 PM
So! Azure had her baby, and it was a boy who I can't remember the name of at the moment:

Looks like I didn't luck out. He has his mama's hair, but his daddy's eyes. So looks like it is time to try again!
Test Subject
#560 Old 13th May 2014 at 10:09 PM
I have a tumblr fir my challenge. So far I got 1 heir out if 5 children.
http://ebilynnsims.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
#561 Old 14th May 2014 at 8:39 PM
Sorry if this has already been asked... If you're playing the Perfect Genetics in conjunction with Midnight Sun what do you do with all the non heirs? I have Master Controller to allow more than 8 Sims, but my game wont let me have twins or triplets anymore because I'm overhoused? For someone without mods do they have to wait for them all to die off and then Young Again the current heir?
#562 Old 19th May 2014 at 8:29 AM
[IMG]ScreenShot-44[/IMG] Shes my founder! And this is the husband[IMG]Screenshot-45[/IMG] :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#563 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 7:07 PM
I'm starting, yay! Can somebody tell me what photobucket link do I paste for picture to show up?Until then, my founder, Emma Blair, is Artistic, Ambitious, Workaholic, Dislikes Children and Neat. Her LTW is to be a Star News Anchor, and I absolutely love how she turned out, because I only have basegame. Isn't she gorgeous?
Screenshots

Bookworm,Loves The Cold,Couch Potato,Dog Person, Insane Psychopath ;-D
Instructor
#564 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TeckieSimmer
I'm starting, yay! Can somebody tell me what photobucket link do I paste for picture to show up?Until then, my founder, Emma Blair, is Artistic, Ambitious, Workaholic, Dislikes Children and Neat. Her LTW is to be a Star News Anchor, and I absolutely love how she turned out, because I only have basegame. Isn't she gorgeous?

You use the direct code, the first one.
Lab Assistant
#565 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
You use the direct code, the first one.

Look, I'm stupid, so, when I upload the picture, what link goes next? I don't know and I'm very sorry for bothering you but I don't know how to do this.

Bookworm,Loves The Cold,Couch Potato,Dog Person, Insane Psychopath ;-D
Instructor
#566 Old 2nd Jun 2014 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TeckieSimmer
Look, I'm stupid, so, when I upload the picture, what link goes next? I don't know and I'm very sorry for bothering you but I don't know how to do this.

Hey, it's no bother. If you want the picture in the body of the post, all you have to do is:
[IMG4]direct code from photobucket goes here[/4IMG]
And just take out the 4s. Or you can have it as an attachment, like you've already done. Does that make sense?
Field Researcher
#567 Old 3rd Jun 2014 at 2:51 AM

I have a founder Juliana Sweet, and the heir requirements was hair, eyes, ears (elf-pointy) and supernatural. Yep that's right, 4 requirements.

My founder has red/blue hair, yellow eyes, pointy ears and is a genie. It took me 16 kids before I got an heir. That's 2 singles, 2 sets of quads and 3 sets of twins.
My sim had 11 kids with Christopher Steel then 5 with Leighton Sekemoto. My 2nd gen heir was the 5th child from Leighton.

When my 2nd gen heir became a teen I started him on the next gen thinking it would take him a while to get an heir. It took 6 kids with Sandi French.

My 3rd gen heir just grew up to teen and I'm about to start on the forth gen. I do have a mod that stops the 'random mutation' of hair and eye colour, so that may help, but don't give up, the heir will pop up sooner then you think.

Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever the fuck you were going to do anyway - Robert Downey Jr

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand? - Captain Jack Sparrow
Test Subject
#568 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 12:26 AM
I am doing this challenge on my youtube channel : Simply Cali .
this is the third time I have done it but first time I have recorded it. Check it out if you want. Subscribe for more!
Test Subject
#569 Old 9th Jun 2014 at 7:30 PM
I love this
Field Researcher
#570 Old 9th Jun 2014 at 7:49 PM
I am doing this challenge with the midnight sun challenge, but my game is buggy with CC and mods so looks like lots of deleting and making my own lots! I can't wait to start so time to get off here and start up sims :P

"900 years of time and space, and I have never met someone who wasn't important."
Field Researcher
#571 Old 9th Jun 2014 at 8:20 PM
It turns out making an empty world out of Isla Paridiso is pretty hard... Too many lots :says extremely out of breath:...

"900 years of time and space, and I have never met someone who wasn't important."
Field Researcher
#572 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 2:33 PM
Well my challenge is going pretty well, and of course I made my own lot because of my computer, and my sim Alex Young found a woman in China by the name of Adaeze, they met on his first night and it was love at first sight, she even said they were meant to be. They were married the next morning and were off to enjoy the rest of their time in China. Adaeze didn't need much convincing to go the island, but to be fair... He told her it was a nice island with everything they needed. Well he lied about the first part... And when they got home Adaeze found out she was pregnant. She didn't want to tell Alex for a while and wanted it to be a surprise, but when he walked over and felt her ever-growing belly, she knew her secret was out.
Here are a couple pictures of Alex and Adaeze.
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#573 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 5:12 PM
I'm up to gen 4 in my PGC legacy.
The woman is my founder Juliana Sweet. Heir requirements are red/blue hair, pointy ears, yellow eyes and genie.
Juliana is wearing contacts, her eyes are yellow underneath, and the green in her hair was because I wanted to.
She is a YA (kept that way through cheats), the boy next to her is her teen son Atomic (in game he's about to be YA), child 16th out of 16.
The boy in the blue vest is 3rd gen heir Aydenn (also a teen). Child 4 out of 6, second born of a set of quads.
The toddler is 4th gen heir Tiedenn (nearly a child), 5th of 5.

The green/purple haired boy is Juliana's 17th child, Prince, son of the grim reaper, he was born just before Tiedenn. I'm planning to have a PGC legacy through him as well.
He's a vampire and has amber eyes and pointy ears. I'm doing 4 requirements with his line as well.

If the only challenge of a Perfect genetic legacy is birthing an heir, its too easy to get bored so I'm trying two lines.
There's currently 24 spares in my town so its getting harder to find partners for my heirs.
Screenshots

Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever the fuck you were going to do anyway - Robert Downey Jr

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand? - Captain Jack Sparrow
Field Researcher
#574 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 6:33 PM Last edited by Simlover7114 : 11th Jun 2014 at 8:07 PM.
I think your family is quite interesting PaNdEmIc.

Well here is an update of my challenge, Adaeze had her first child. It was a baby girl named Dao-Ming, which means Shining Path, and originated from China, which is what kind of name Alex and Adaeze agreed on. And she has her father's Blue and Green hair with her mother's brown eyes. Because of the failed eye color Adaeze decided to have another baby. She just found out about the pregnancy and actually told Alex instead of keeping it a secret. Hopefully this second child will have a better eye color. I will show a few pictures of Dao-Ming, Alex and Adaeze.

Edit: sorry I put down the same screenshot twice of the couples martial arts...

Edit No. 2: Well make that another 2 children she wanted... Yep she had twin girls. Hua and Jia-Li, Hua means Flower and Jia-Li means Good and Beautiful. Once again Chinese names. And they both have their mother's hair and eyes. Will we get a perfect heir next time?
Screenshots

Field Researcher
#575 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simlover7114
I think your family is quite interesting PaNdEmIc.

Thanks!!!

You cant really see it in the photo but Tiedenn (the toddler) has a really square jaw, I had a peek at what he looks like grown up and I was quite surprised.
I don't know where he got it from, his mother was a parentless townie and no one else in the family tree has a square jaw. It suits him though, very manly.

Page 23 of 46