Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 9:40 PM
Default sim romantic affairs
this thread is to be about whether we have sims cheat against each other. and whether sims get pregnant from those affairs

me; in past times playing, mainly Daniel Pleasant and Don Lothario cheated. both got a bunch of former NPCs pregnant.
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 11:36 PM
Are there affairs in my game? Yes

Do babies happen because of these affairs? It's happened, but not for all instances

Two affairs that produced children of note:

Emmeline Schoulsburg was an immigrant and hired as the live-in help for a wealthy elder married couple - James and Yvonne. The husband became besotted with her and they started an affair. Yvonne discovered it and kicked both out of the estate, put James into a home and didn't care what became of Emmeline that foreign hussy! Emmeline had a daughter named Yvette from that affair but James was gone before Yvette made it to toddler hood and never met her father.

Derrick Louis was a former rock star turned 'family man' - he had a full house with his daughter from his first lover (they never married, she died), his wife, his two step-sons, and then a daughter they had together. Once most of those kids were out of the house and his wife aged, Derrick's eyes started wandering toward a woman named Geneva Fox and when his wife found out about the affair she kicked him out of the house. Good riddance to him! He moved in with his new lover and found out she was pregnant and so raised his new daughter with her (though Geneva and Derrick never married either)

An affair with no children or repercussions because of it:

Gina and Natalie were best friends, and through their friendship Gina's mother - Lydia - and Natalie's father - James - met and hit it off quote well despite both being married they started an affair. Luckily no one was ever caught and it fizzled out after a few years.

An affair with no children but repercussions:

During a dinner party with his brother-in-law (his wife's brother), Maxwell Wellington thought it a time to make out with his brother-in-law's wife. Everyone saw, his wife slapped him and denounced their marriage in front of all the guests and he quickly had to move in with his mother to avoid homelessness. His son, heartbroken and angry that his father would do such a thing, didn't speak to the man the rest of his days.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
me; in past times playing, mainly Daniel Pleasant and Don Lothario cheated. both got a bunch of former NPCs pregnant.

I misread that as Daniel Pleasant and Don Lothario having an affair with each other.

I have a decent amount of affairs in my neighbourhood. In just Oakbrook:
- Don Lothario (married to Cassandra Goth) has affairs quite frequently. When he and Cassandra were just engaged, he was caught with one of the Caliente sisters, but smooth-talked his way out of it.
- Daniel Pleasant (married to the maid) had a kid with Sharon Wirth. He also got divorced from Mary-Sue after getting caught with the maid.
- Angela Pleasant and Dustin Broke had a nasty breakup after he caught her kissing Tank Grunt.
- Stephen Tinker has a thing going on with Brandi Broke.
- Opal Contrary (married to Edward Contrary) was caught cheating with Castor Nova. She was thrown out and had Castor's baby but then she ended up getting back together with Edward.

I know you didn't mention it, but for mods that affect affairs, I have ACR, Pescado's romancemod, and Chris Hatch's Pregnancy Relationship Adjuster (so sometimes partners can realize that it's not their kid).

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 6:09 AM
My sims don't cheat, I won't let them. I admit though, i am considering playing more..real-life like. lol
So it might change.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 6:31 AM
My sims don't normally cheat. I like happy families. I do have one couple though who do against my wishes -but illegal kisses don't lead to babies thank goodness!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#6 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 7:22 AM
In my experience ACR tends to pull off sneaky moves at times, so I've assigned Sims to be just friends with most everyone except their spouse, boyfriend/girlfriend, or destined lover(s). Otherwise they will attempt to flirt or woohoo with strangers if they're motivated, regardless of the current situation.
Instructor
#7 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 7:28 AM
I disabled cheating in ACR, save for romance sims. I'm boring, I know, but I don't want to entangle the family trees more than they already are!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 7:37 AM
My Sims are not all the same.

Most of them are perfectly content with marriage and their spouses, others cheat quite often, some sims (elders are particularly guilty here) take a chance in a photo booth once or twice.

There have been some pregnancies, leading to a number of single mothers

Some Sims actually say no (romancemod, I believe).

I have romancemod, noinstantlove and ACR.
Inventor
#9 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 8:10 AM
Another thing I forgot to mention in my previous post.

Say if a Sim is quite attracted to somebody, and yet that somebody doesn't have a gender preference set, then the Sim will try to deliver a message by making out with someone else. Once that preference is decided the Sim will then move in on the opportunity and mostly ignore his/her previous love. It's like, there's this small barrier that's preventing one Sim from falling in love with another, thus the Sim feels lonely and wants to fill in the gap. This is how I theorize about the situation from my experience overall, even if it's just coding from ACR that encourages this behavior.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 9:01 AM
Most don't. Many do. More so in Maxis hoods than my own. Reasons include: pre-written storyline, I don't like the spouse Maxis gave them, I like the spouse, but not the couple, they are boring, ACR happens, free will happens, the affair is hilarious and I have to go with it (in dead Megahood, for example, Jason Cleavland cheated on his wife with gay vampire, because said vampire moved in as neighbor and they actually had a good chemistry. His wife was not a saint either, she started affairs with rich sims to get more influence in town.)

Babies are rare result from an affair, though. I usually have way too many babies in my hoods anyway.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 11:54 AM
My romance sims have affairs all of the time. I usually designate one of them as the sim that just can't stop getting pregnant from the affairs. My sims with other aspirations won't unless free will happens.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 1:14 PM
Family trees in Little Carping look like a couple of feisty fighting cats got put into a bag of knitting yarn.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 2:23 PM
A long time ago I resurrected Skip Broke. I don't think Brandi was too pleased - I set about getting him friendly with every playable adult female in Pleasantview, married and single, and getting them pregnant.
It was remarkably easy too!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th Aug 2017 at 10:22 PM
about mods/hacks; I used insimenator to turn off jealousy on some lots in past times playing.

this time playing; so far there have been a few affairs. exited those lots without saving.
I have plans for Don & Daniel to get the same NPCs pregnant again. and might have other Romance males have affairs also.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 12:03 AM
I've never used mods that enhance cheating, but at one point I had Don do his thing with just about every woman he could (Maxis Sim or Create a Sim). It reached the point where if he and another female Sim appeared on the same community lot and they had a good conversation, there'd be a very good chance she'd be invited over to Don's place the next time he was played.
I think Don had something like 20 children at some point, although I played that neighborhood a few years ago now and don't quite remember.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#16 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 3:53 AM Last edited by Simonut : 19th Aug 2017 at 4:10 AM.
@mdsb759 Yes and Yes My Sims are not saints they can't control themselves at times they give the looks when another Sims is hot to them.
They can do the "Scope The Room" interaction. ( if out at a club or something ) It's worth knowing that a Sims who do not have a gender preference won't be able to do the Scope The Room. ( As noted in NL Prima Guide book )

But it comes down to chemistry of attraction between the two Sims their, turn on / turn off, some mods can change that, it will make your Sims go wild with anyone that wear a skirt or pant.
But I have Sims that cheat ( romance Sims are the front runners ) I do have faithful Sims that will not cheat, that are married, and unfaithful married Sims that will cheat.

Some years back I had a married couple the husband cheated and was caught making out with the maid ( those maids don't wear that sexy French uniform for nothing. ) LMAO
The wife came home and caught her husband cheating, when it was time to go to bed the wife always slept on the left side and the husband on the right.

When the husband try to enter his side of the bed the bed was LOCK down to him, the game would NOT let him enter into the bed, his wife was extremely mad therefore he could not sleep with her.
I never had the locking down of the bed until this happen, but I am here to tell you that yes it is an interaction that Maxis coded into the Sims 2 game. (It is so funny to watch )
Have any other members had this experience ? With the bed being lock down if a Sims is angry with their mate .

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 4:33 AM
As much as my sims love their drama, I actually find that I'm more inclined to break up the relationship and marry up sims if they show alternative love interests than to have a sim carry on an affair.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 6:03 AM
So how you make break up if Don refuses to cheat ? I have Pescado romancemod and I wanted go by scenario, but Don refused everything, even though he is in love with other women.