Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#176 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 1:37 AM
I have a disc copy from 2010. It won't have the original precomp but it'll be pre-Late Night at least. Of course I could always find a kind internet communist willing to supply me with an unpatched version of the game. Not sure if it's worth the bother, though, because I don't see it resulting in anything other than a crash to desktop.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#177 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 3:47 AM
Still worth a try, IMO.

Who knows what sort of strange coding duct tape holds TS3 together?
Mad Poster
#178 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 2:11 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 11th Mar 2019 at 2:52 PM.
So another thing- anyone interested in digging into the game's camera system?

I wonder if it could be improved?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Camera Tuning.zip (7.8 KB, 17 downloads) - View custom content
Mad Poster
#179 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 5:59 PM
Yeah I've tried. But I couldn't find the config files for it. I'd like to change some values to make the Live Mode camera more flexible.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#180 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 6:18 PM
@jje1000 Better how? There are a lot camera mods even here. Is there something specific that is bothering you?

That being said, I did ended up making my own e.g I never liked how short the zoom out distance was in map view and on lot, I wanted to go even lower when zooming in to the ground etc.

@AGuyCalledPi What do you mean? That is the file you edit and then you pop it in your downloads folder?
Mad Poster
#181 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AGuyCalledPi
Yeah I've tried. But I couldn't find the config files for it. I'd like to change some values to make the Live Mode camera more flexible.

Lucky for you I have the game's camera XMLs attached.

Quote: Originally posted by Giga
@jje1000 Better how? There are a lot camera mods even here. Is there something specific that is bothering you?

In general- I'm curious to see what people have discovered in the file.
Mad Poster
#182 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 9:45 PM
Definitely going to have a dig around it now. Thanks!

insert signature here
Field Researcher
#183 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 2:01 PM
I just compared mine to the original, I had modified 33 lines. This was years ago so I cannot remember all the things I changed or if all 33 are even meaningful changes. One thing that was an important thing to me, was that I can zoom out on a lot to see it as a map view, without going to map view. Then I wanted to make map view zoom farther away. And then of course extremely close zoom in and wider, watcha call it, rotation on camera up and down direction?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#184 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 2:50 AM
I have a disc copy from 2010. It won't have the original precomp but it'll be pre-Late Night at least. Of course I could always find a kind internet communist willing to supply me with an unpatched version of the game. Not sure if it's worth the bother, though, because I don't see it resulting in anything other than a crash to desktop.

What about the leaked version which was released by RELOADED? Not that I'd advocate warez though, and idk about MTS's policy on leaked content, but it would be interesting to compare any (subtle) shader differences.
Mad Poster
#185 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 3:19 AM
Sure, I could try it. To get entirely back on topic, however, I've been having pretty serious and visually jarring issues with Reshade lately that I haven't been able to explain or solve in any way. And yes, this is one of the reasons it's been taking me 9 months to produce another episode of Bridgeport'88. I've had to lobotomize Reshade which means no more depth of field and ambient occlusion effects, though, thankfully, the AO method discussed in this thread can fill in the gaps to some degree.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#186 Old 24th May 2019 at 2:05 PM
Interesting- new raytracing settings in Reshade- would be interesting to see if it works for TS3.

https://youtu.be/LIplbHWBRjA
https://youtu.be/vDHa_1pJmOA
Space Pony
#187 Old 2nd Nov 2019 at 2:01 PM
I know necroposting is a bad thing, but I really want to use the settings discussed on here, specifically the ones on the OP's original post. However the pictures for the settings no longer shows so I can't follow the guide exactly. Can somebody type out the settings please. Or if possible, could the image links be fixed?
Mad Poster
#188 Old 2nd Nov 2019 at 10:01 PM
A lot of people upload to unreliable image hosting sites (for example, every site that isn't Imgur) so that might need to be fixed. Either way, I don't think it's necroposting when it's a relevant technical thread and has had new posts within the current year.

insert signature here
Space Pony
#189 Old 4th Nov 2019 at 3:12 AM
A lot of people upload to unreliable image hosting sites (for example, every site that isn't Imgur) so that might need to be fixed. Either way, I don't think it's necroposting when it's a relevant technical thread and has had new posts within the current year.

Thanks for the reply

So does anybody have an idea what those settings on the OP's first post are? As I'd really want to try them out.
Space Pony
#190 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 7:59 AM
Three days have passed and still no reply from anyone who might know what those AO settings were on the OP's pictures whose links no longer work

I really want to try those settings out you guys
Space Pony
#192 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Probably b/c the OP posted in the OP - "In my case the AO compatibility is set as 0x00000007, which is for Counter-Strike: Source."

You're probably confused b/c it looks a lot heavier in his screenshots? That is because those screenshots were from an older Nvidia driver. Since its update, it no longer look anywhere near that level. Which is what this whole thread's discussion is about. None of any modern Nvidia driver will make it look like that.

Try 0x00060019 instead, it is heavier than 07 but still nothing like the OP's screenshot.

So we can no longer achieve the same look as what's on the OP's existing ingame photos anymore? Man that kinda sucks then

Also it is kinda strange that the ingame pics still work but the links to the pics showing the settings no longer do.
Space Pony
#194 Old 8th Nov 2019 at 4:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
The settings are the same as here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...844#post5031844

Thanks nitromon

Once again you know your stuff when it comes to GPU tweaking for the game
Page 8 of 8