Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#51 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 9:35 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 20th Feb 2015 at 8:54 PM.
After the patch came out. I've removed your mod but my lots crash now. I didn't had any other mods installed.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 2:50 PM
I would like to test this, but perhaps am too computer ignorant to do so. If, after reading this, you think I should wait until it is more developed, just tell me so, I won't be insulted. I am assuming I should install it in My Documents, and that it will create whatever folders it needs. Do I need to install both the files in post 1 and in post 44, or just one? If just one, which one?
To be clear, I am not so much worried about messing up my game or my computer, but that I will be merely an irritation on this forum, since I don't know much about this stuff.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#53 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 3:59 PM
I don't know much about this programming stuff either.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Deceased
Original Poster
#54 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Celia
I would like to test this, but perhaps am too computer ignorant to do so. If, after reading this, you think I should wait until it is more developed, just tell me so, I won't be insulted. I am assuming I should install it in My Documents, and that it will create whatever folders it needs. Do I need to install both the files in post 1 and in post 44, or just one? If just one, which one?
To be clear, I am not so much worried about messing up my game or my computer, but that I will be merely an irritation on this forum, since I don't know much about this stuff.

This project is still very much in a testing/beta stage, there are issues with how it works and the program isn't very user friendly yet. If I get the time to go with the GEDCOM route things may change dramatically. No, it shouldn't mess up your game or computer, but just making sure you're aware of the fact that this is nowhere near a finished product.

Unless you encounter a specific problem like the ones mentioned earlier, you only really need the files from the first post. The _Script_Beta zip file should go into your Mods folder, and the executable file goes into a folder called "Family Tree Support Files" in the Mods folder. In short, you should be able to just unzip the main zip file into your Mods folder and the two files will go where they need to end up.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 7:20 PM
Thanks, I'll try it.
Deceased
Original Poster
#56 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 5:05 AM
Looks like this is no longer necessary with the latest patch. EA actually seems to have done a good job of it.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 4th Feb 2015 at 1:58 PM
I was wondering if they had, haven't had a chance to play it myself. It's a pity about all your work, though. I want to thank you, even though it turns out that is no longer needed--I really needed the family tree, and appreciate that you were going to give us one.
Deceased
Original Poster
#58 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Celia
I was wondering if they had, haven't had a chance to play it myself. It's a pity about all your work, though. I want to thank you, even though it turns out that is no longer needed--I really needed the family tree, and appreciate that you were going to give us one.

Not a problem, glad they got it done in game as this wasn't the best of solutions anyway. Had fun doing it.
Scholar
#59 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 8:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Looks like this is no longer necessary with the latest patch. EA actually seems to have done a good job of it.

Except for the GEDCOM-file. Maybe a new project.
By using Familytree builder you can add pictures from the game and information on each sim.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 8:58 AM
Thanks for your work @scumbumbo. It filled the gap nicely for me.

I hope you can build on this work eventually so it is not wasted.
Instructor
#61 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 2:06 PM

Yes they did.
But so did you. And way before them... "Clap Clap"
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 17th Feb 2015 at 10:33 PM Last edited by Valdesca : 17th Feb 2015 at 11:46 PM. Reason: more info
Default i dont want to have to delete all this family couse.... they.... both.. ARG.
Last patch dont let change pre existing sims family relation, even some sims show them family tree
just download and will run with only this add on to give a try.

i really need it work, as cheat command... relationship.add_bit <yoursimID> <targetsimID> <relationshipBit> its a pain and did not work , even cas.fulleditmode enabled neither , there is no Father Option

ej: i have a Olivia Pope from the galery, and want Rowan pope from other User on galery, to be her Parent Father and CANT and so on.
i dont want to have to delete all this family couse.... they.... both.. ARG.

Family tree Addon: well at least it server to see the sims ID clear,
Seems have typed numbers wrong, now i have to understand how to use

relationship.add_bit <yoursimID> <targetsimID> <relationshipBit>
if i put rowan Id Olivia Id realtionship would be : family_parent or family_ son_daughter ??? or just dont work?
Scholar
#63 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 3:21 PM
I found this open source genealogy program that can handle GEDCOM files:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gra...ource=directory

It is open source and programmed in python. Would that simplify things in any way for maybe a more integrated solution? The games family tree was a dissapointment.
Posted same info to Deaderpool.
I will test the program to see if it can handle Twallans GEDCOM files.
Scholar
#64 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 2:30 AM
FYI

In MC Command Center by Deaderpool a GEDCOM file can now be generated and can be imported into any family tree tool that support GEDCÖM format. Most of them do.
Instructor
#65 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 3:39 AM Last edited by Airianna : 22nd Mar 2017 at 4:16 AM.
This is a great start on it. shows heritage but not offspring... *didn't check to see if there was any updated version other than the main page* I wound up using print screen, and gimp 2 to make this, straight from the family tree inside the sims 4...

Would you happen to have a link to the GEDCOM site that works with the Sims 4?
Scholar
#66 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 7:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Airianna
This is a great start on it. shows heritage but not offspring... *didn't check to see if there was any updated version other than the main page* I wound up using print screen, and gimp 2 to make this, straight from the family tree inside the sims 4...

Would you happen to have a link to the GEDCOM site that works with the Sims 4?

A site? MyHeritage.com is the site I use. It seems impossible to link to it as it always routs to my personal page. If you register at MyHeritage you can have upp to 250 names for free. However you don't need the site but their off line program Family Tree Builder available on their site.
Test Subject
#67 Old 18th May 2018 at 11:25 PM
So far at least, it appears that it would be impossible or at least extremely difficult to make a family tree mod in the UI. So I thought, why not approach it as an add-on executable?

I've written a fairly rough-and-ready family tree add-on using Visual Basic and before making it widely available would like comments, suggestions and most importantly testing. In addition, if anyone is a great VB coder especially with graphics please let me know and we can get the source code for the executable shared and make it better.

The approach I've taken uses a script mod to dump the genealogy data for all households into a temporary data file. The executable file then takes that data and merges it into a permanent database so that the data for pruned sims continues to be available to the program. The genealogy data is dumped every sim night at 3:00 AM by default.

Several commands are added to the cheat console:

familytree - Launches the Family Tree Add-On executable, which must be in the Family Tree Support Files sub-folder of The Sims 4 mods folder. This sub-folder is also where the temporary data file is written. If TS4 is played full-screen, it should minimize when the executable is launched.

familytree.save - Forces the save of the temporary family tree data file (FamilyTree.dat) without waiting for the alarm timer.

familytree.setalarm # - Clears and sets a new alarm for the famly tree dump to occur (for testing purposes only). The number should be the 24-based hour the dump should occur, e.g. "familytree.setalarm 14" to set the alarm for 2:00PM. No error checking is performed!

The database itself is placed in the "TS4 FamilyTree" subfolder of My Documents. This folder and the XML database are created automatically.

Using the executable is fairly straight-forward. The FamilyTree.dat file should be found automatically, but can be browsed for if not found. Click the Read Data button to merge the FamilyTree.dat file into the permanent database. By default, any sims in the existing database that have been pruned since the last run will be marked as dead and the FamliyTree.dat file will be deleted after a successful database merge.

Select a sim from the drop-down selection in the Sim Database Browser and click the Draw Tree button to draw the family tree. I've attached a screenshot of the main executable and a sample of a family tree image.

does this mod still work?
Deceased
Original Poster
#68 Old 20th May 2018 at 6:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cocoyoc
does this mod still work?

I seriously doubt it, and it's not really needed at all anymore as, if I recall correctly, MC Command Center can export to GEDCOM and you can view family trees in any program that can import those.
Scholar
#69 Old 22nd May 2018 at 10:29 AM
I seriously doubt it, and it's not really needed at all anymore as, if I recall correctly, MC Command Center can export to GEDCOM and you can view family trees in any program that can import those.

Well, you are too modest.
Of cause it works and it is better than GEDCOM in that you can check in game when you try to match couples.

I use both.
My idea to use GEDCOM was that I thought that it was possible to include links to portraits in GEDCOM but it seems that is not in the standard but an external function of the MyHeritage site.
Deceased
Original Poster
#70 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
Well, you are too modest.
Of cause it works and it is better than GEDCOM in that you can check in game when you try to match couples.

Well, I wasn't really trying to be modest - it IS actually surprising that the script/data collection portion of it is still functional, considering how much has changed in the game since it was written.

Glad to hear it's still working and useful for some folks!
Page 3 of 3