Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 6:04 PM
Default Creating Gerard Way [Need Feedback]
So I just had an idea of creating Gerard Way in Sims 4, and I've been tweaking him for a couple days now, but I think there is something off, because it doesn't look like him. Can somebody help me with what needs to be fixed? Thanks.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 1:35 PM
erm, do you have a pic of your WIP?

Chicken Scratch
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2017 at 1:54 PM
Okay, I clicked on your name and saw that your recent post in a quick view had the links for imgur, but doesn't show in the the official thread. I did however take a look at the pics you provided and took a few notes.
1.Make his brow bone come out more, he has very prominent brows. You can do this by pulling them at a profile angle outward, and as he is looking straight on, take the corners and bring them out and then up to make a bit of an arch.
2. The eyes are a little too sunken in, pull them out more. Also you have a bit of a downward slant to the inner corner, which makes him look asian. Lift that up a bit.
3. The nose looks fine head on, apart from the nostrils, they need to be more rounded and higher up. As for the bridge of his nose on profile view, the sim has an inward slant on the nose. Gerard's is almost like a perfect triangle. Try to make that bridge line straight. If it makes the tip of his nose too bulky, then adjust it to where it comes to almost a point. But try to keep that sky sloped look.
4. His lips are too small, and too sharp near the cupids bow. Try a curved mouth in the mouth selection, and then shape to make them the right thinness. Also give him a very slight smile. Sim gerard looks too stern.
5. There should be a little area above the chin, and under the lip that you can access in the profile angle. Tuck that in a bit, because his chin is too prominent compared to Gerard's. You may also need to fiddle around with the back jaw bone.
6. You should change the shape of his head, you can do this by holding onto the hairline. Gerard has a bit of a fuller, childish face. This will add proportion to the wideness of his head.
7. Lastly, try to pick a bushier, messy brow, and don't forget eyeliner.

I hope this didn't come off as rude, I'm just trying to get you to perfect him. See if anything I said helped. And good luck.

Chicken Scratch
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentApprentice
Okay, I clicked on your name and saw that your recent post in a quick view had the links for imgur, but doesn't show in the the official thread. I did however take a look at the pics you provided and took a few notes.
1.Make his brow bone come out more, he has very prominent brows. You can do this by pulling them at a profile angle outward, and as he is looking straight on, take the corners and bring them out and then up to make a bit of an arch.
2. The eyes are a little too sunken in, pull them out more. Also you have a bit of a downward slant to the inner corner, which makes him look asian. Lift that up a bit.
3. The nose looks fine head on, apart from the nostrils, they need to be more rounded and higher up. As for the bridge of his nose on profile view, the sim has an inward slant on the nose. Gerard's is almost like a perfect triangle. Try to make that bridge line straight. If it makes the tip of his nose too bulky, then adjust it to where it comes to almost a point. But try to keep that sky sloped look.
4. His lips are too small, and too sharp near the cupids bow. Try a curved mouth in the mouth selection, and then shape to make them the right thinness. Also give him a very slight smile. Sim gerard looks too stern.
5. There should be a little area above the chin, and under the lip that you can access in the profile angle. Tuck that in a bit, because his chin is too prominent compared to Gerard's. You may also need to fiddle around with the back jaw bone.
6. You should change the shape of his head, you can do this by holding onto the hairline. Gerard has a bit of a fuller, childish face. This will add proportion to the wideness of his head.
7. Lastly, try to pick a bushier, messy brow, and don't forget eyeliner.

I hope this didn't come off as rude, I'm just trying to get you to perfect him. See if anything I said helped. And good luck.

http://imgur.com/a/LoPHR http://imgur.com/a/TNVbK Is this better? I don't think I got the lips, though. Which mouth should I select exactly? (I added the link because photos don't seem to show up for some reason)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 26th Aug 2017 at 8:31 AM
I fiddled around for about half an hour. I know your struggle, it's hard making an actual human into a sim. I think your best bet is to use either mouth 7 or 11. In order to make the right curvature of the mouth I have to put it in a frowning position in regular CAS mode, and then go into detailed view to bring the corners of the mouth up. It does take a little time, but I find either of these mouths work best. Good luck.
Screenshots

Chicken Scratch
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 1:38 AM
http://imgur.com/a/tiPKY http://imgur.com/a/rapVG Is this better? If you are willing to, could you please point out anything else that there is wrong? It doesn't look remotely like him to me. And sadly I can't make the nostrils smaller, the game doesn't let me. Thanks for your help so far, though!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 27th Aug 2017 at 2:14 PM Last edited by SilentApprentice : 27th Aug 2017 at 2:21 PM. Reason: More feedback
Quote: Originally posted by AnonCupcake
http://imgur.com/a/tiPKY http://imgur.com/a/rapVG Is this better? If you are willing to, could you please point out anything else that there is wrong? It doesn't look remotely like him to me. And sadly I can't make the nostrils smaller, the game doesn't let me. Thanks for your help so far, though!

Try to make his eyes a little more rounded, the sims eyes are too much of an almond shape to them. Also, if possible, to try move his face down. His head seems a little too narrow and long. Also the chin is too pronounced. Try searching for a smaller chin in the list. Also, his eyebrows are too sleek, try a busier brow, and eyeliner. I'm sure once you add hair and makeup to him it should all come together.

On another note, try to bring the tip of his nose up, he has what is known as a "sky slope" nose. Also his irises look a little small. This adds to his eyes being slightly off, because they look too small.

It's very difficult making a human into a sim. When I made Ellen Page in my game, the best result came from using custom skins and facial details. So far he looks good, but he needs some added detail other than just facial structure. Different brows, eye make up, and hair lol

Chicken Scratch