Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 8:52 PM
Default Trying to pick a world and need some advice
I'm trying to decide in which world to play and having a hard time doing so. I've started to set up Monte Vista, but the more I did the more I began to realize there's just no room for stuff. Trying to add some lots ends in a terrain-level disaster more often than not...

I love worlds with an atmosphere. Monte Vista, Dragon Valley are the two I've tried and liked. I absolute despise Sunset Valley and similar. So bland!

I have all expansion packs aside of the University Life so there's a whole bunch of community lots that ought to be placed in the world.

I also use NRaas story progression and epic life length for sims so they need houses to move into and split into - in other words, I need space

And, importantly, the world has got to have good routing. I have the World Fixes, but I don't know if I'd installed them right. Also, not every world has one and I don't know if it's cause they don't need it or if it just hasn't been made.

I've taken a look at the Union Cove too, but it looks like an expanded Sunset Valley. As great as it sounds (and it does sound great), there's no visual flavor Well, there IS, just it's the vanilla kind.

Would you recommend me something? Either from expansions, store, or custom content made by players?

Thank you!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 9:04 PM
Okay, so here's my suggestions.

Flavor? Okay, well I'd try http://www.mysimrealty.com/Sims3_Worlds.html since they have some themed worlds and even their unthemed worlds are drop dead awesome. I'm currently filling up their Deery Meadows myself for a legacy. Maybe story. I haven't decided yet.

Space? I'd suggest those ones too. I personally play smaller towns for the most part so I don't know what to say to that lol. The only larger worlds I play are Appaloosa Plains (guess it's kinda themed too) and as I mentioned, Deery Meadows.

Overall, I think you would like Meadow Glen the best. http://www.mysimrealty.com/WORLDS_M...lenUpdated.html It's not got a populated save file for the newest version yet, but it's a really cool world, even in the 2nd version (I don't have all of the expansion packs, that's why I played that one). It's a bit loosely themed, kind of based on a farming town for the most part, but I like it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 9:22 PM
Thanks for suggestions! I'll take a look right away.

I don't care whatsoever about a population - I'm gonna evict the entire neighborhood anyway right away

Basically what I'm looking for is:
1. No routing errors/lag
2. Some sort of atmosphere/flavor
3. Space for expansion lots and housing
4. Preferably a world not a save game since I evict everyone and add houses before playing

Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 10:17 PM
If you like Monte Vista you might like Lago Simiore: http://simszoo.de/include.php?path=...contentid=55065 (free registration required for downloading, let me know if you need assistance with that!)
It got a very good review: http://prodigalstranger.dk/lago-sim...rld-experience/
Theorist
#5 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 10:21 PM
Dragon Valley is actually pretty decent in terms of space. In that respect, it's better than any other world I've played, there's enough space to create new spots for lots and enough roads. I realize you've already mentioned it, so it must not be spacious enough for you, but I really know of no other world that has that much space. Most other worlds have little space, or if they do, it won't be connected to roads.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 10:37 PM
@Babahara

I was more thinking if there's simply something better/other out there I've always played in DV.

@ Norn

Lago Simoire looks beautiful on the screenshots. Is it lag free? And has good routing?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 10:41 PM
Monte Vista has 20 empty lots, 10 unoccupied residential lots, 27 occupied residential lots, and 28 community lots, many of which can easily be converted into something else because they are parks. 85 lots in all. Some of the rabbithole lots also have enough space to accommodate a second function (in my first save I have, for example, tagged the grocer/diner lot as a cat jungle and added a few cat things accordingly, while the hospital lot already has an extra empty building that can house an elixir shop or something similar).

In my MV save I have at the moment a lounge, a watering hole, a java hut, a salon, laundromat, consignment/elixir store, a market and a cat jungle. I placed several residential lots and I still have at least 4 empty lots left.

How many lost do you actually need?

Quote: Originally posted by Equilibrioception
(...)
Lago Simoire looks beautiful on the screenshots. Is it lag free? And has good routing?
Ha, as Norn is the actual creator of that world I wouldn't trust whatever they say in that respect
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 10:45 PM
@Don Babilon

It's not just the amount, but also the size. For instance I couldn't find a lot for the Toy Store without demolishing a housing lot (that I needed for a house) and such. Small lots are aplenty, but anything including 40xsomething and up becomes troublesome if I don't want to demolish everything left and right.

And as for Norn's world - if I can't trust him, can you tell me about routing there? :p

The review mentions it's all good. The concern would be if there isn't lag in longer playthroughs because of the world's size?
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Equilibrioception

I would say yes, but I'm biased It's a large world and some of the lots are rather heavily decorated. So it sometimes needs a bit to fully load a lot - but routing should be fine. I never had any severe issues so far that would be a game breaker.
Did you read the review? It marks routing as very good. (See, Don, I tried to offer an independent opinion! )

You will have to bulldoze lots if you want to place store lots though. There are only 2 empty lots but plenty of larger lots.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#10 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 10:54 PM
Hm, given on what I know about Norn's testers, I'd say that it should be pretty well tested in that respect.

With regard to lot sizes I can see that this might be difficult; many lots in MV are 35x35, so no luck with Store venues and the only empty 40x40 lot is obviously destined for the market lot.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 10:54 PM
Lag is something that can vary from computer to computer. We each have specs that are unique. So you will need to test the worlds to see if you have lag or not. There is a thread here about favorite/best custom worlds if you can find it.

If you like MV you can take it into CAW and alter as needed if you know how to do this. I made major alterations to mine. Sometimes that is the only way to get a world that is what you really want.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 12:24 AM
@Norn
I can handle stores/clubs with the amount of lots in your world, but for the life of me I couldn't find a spot where I could place the Big Show Venue in that town. Nor could I find it placed. Is it there somewhere? Everything else there looks so pretty. I'd just need to move the Equestrian center someplace else cause that spot looks good for the home No other big lots in more secluded spaces (I've learned to never play my family in the middle of a busy town if I want to keep the FPS/gameplay fluent).

@Daisylee
My PC is pretty solid yet when I ran CAW it started to make weird pitched noise. I don't know why, but it was 100% CAW. Even when it was out of focus it stopped, the moment I pulled it up bzeeeeeeeeet. Gotta admit - I got wary and uninstalled the program. Don't want it to fry me something :o
Also couldn't load in any premade worlds. Told me they're packed and I should sod off.

@Don Babilon
Aye, and there's SO much free space everywhere, yet putting any lot there means it's basically an unfixable crater haha. With no roads in sight. Though another issue with MV I've learned about now researching stuff is that it's laggy/has routing errors and I cannot seem to unpack Ellacharmed's fixes for it 7zip tells me the file is corrupt and will not handle the two part archive as it should
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 6:53 AM
No, there is no Big Show Venue in the world. The premade one doesn't fit the style (also it's a huge lot which is not usable most of the time). The big stage at the port initially was planned to have the Big Show Venue lot type but as this causes the lot to "close" unless you have a gig the lot type was changed to "Live Venue". You don't need a big lot for that though, you can use a smaller one, set up a stage and assign that lot type.
Scholar
#14 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 4:18 AM
If you are interested in a Store world, I've read that Lucky Palms has lots of empty lots and lots of flat open space. http://store.thesims3.com/luckypalm...&section=UpSell. This desert world has 18 empty lots: http://sims3.thesimscatalog.com/sim...ds/large/setra/. I've not played Lucky Palms and Setra very little so can't speak to any issues with the worlds.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 5:26 PM
You can probably check this thread and work backwards:

http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...5#startcomments
Mad Poster
#16 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 2:15 PM
I would advise using EVERMORE FALLS I've started and have an active legacy there that need some attention very soon.It's perfect for any thing like a 100 baby challenge and it's blank so that means blank lots need to be placed before buildings can go down.
Scholar
#17 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 2:57 PM
I'd like to suggest Tourmaline Valley. The original blog doesn't exist anymore, but the download still works. I liked the layout, it was a decent size (not too small, not too big) and I felt it looked particularly good in Autumn. It's empty, but has lots placed. Though the 'top' area near the beaches, you can easily remove the lots there and place your own for any community lot type you want for your expansions. The only thing I noticed that bugs me is that the far right lot in that little row of three at the bottom (next to the long stretch) is a tad uneven. So, you can only place certain buildings there (like the Supernatural Hospital/Spa combo) or need to build something yourself to avoid raised edges.