Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 10:12 AM
Default For People Looking For Nice Furniture
Here is a link to Ruby's Home Designs where you can download houses that come paaaacked with good cc! The houses are quite large, so they may take a while to download into your browser, so grab your netflix and chips.
When trying the houses, you might have to take out a few of your mods (I took out all my horse poses, sliders etc. bc I have a lot) to prevent lag. None of the cc is broken. Aaaand enjoy! Here are some pictures of the rooms in the houses.
The website : http://rubyred-sims3.blogspot.sg/
I had a great experience downloading her houses so I wanted to share with you!

The Monochrome

Summer Time

Minty House

Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 11:11 AM
Yes, the builds are beautiful but I usually just check the pictures and if I see something I want, I usually go find it straight from the original source. Or I download the house, check the files inside with custard, then turn the whole thing into packages and pick out the ones I want. I've done that to her houses many times already. I never ever just plain install a house so full of stuff as those houses are. That's just asking for trouble in my opinion and I wouldn't want all that stuff bloating my game. I like to keep things organized.
Scholar
#3 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 4:09 PM
I literally just left this type of play style because it was all tooo much. Now most of my content is from the store. It depends on how you play, decorating to this degree prevented me from actually playing the game but to each their own.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 5:20 PM
Way too much clutter for my playstyle.
Scholar
#5 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 8:30 PM
I love the French "Baroque" restaurant they did, and took a lot of the mainly outdoor decorations/building parts from it.

However, the style of furniture seen in your screenshots I'm not a huge fan of. When I see beds with different comforter/sheet work on them I avoid downloading them. Are they even properly animated for Sims?

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Scholar
#6 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 11:03 PM
The rooms look really neat and the furniture is nice, but that looks like way too many tiny things and clutter. I design my houses and rooms the way I prefer things if I were to live there - efficient, not too big and I tend to avoid doing much decorating. (I play with walls all the way down, so most of the wall stuff wouldn't even show up) Also a reason I barely upload houses here. (Fortunately, the ones I have added and get taken tend to have enough stuff that decoration is not really needed)
Forum Resident
#7 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 12:18 AM
I've always loved looking at her website, she's so talented and her builds are amazing. But I've never downloaded any of her builds because it's just way to much stuff, and I don't like all that CC in my launcher. I prefer my CC to be in package form, because I play medieval style as well, so it's easy for me to trade my mods folders in and out. She's a truly amazing simmer though.
Alchemist
#8 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsdestroyer
I've always loved looking at her website, she's so talented and her builds are amazing. But I've never downloaded any of her builds because it's just way to much stuff, and I don't like all that CC in my launcher. I prefer my CC to be in package form, because I play medieval style as well, so it's easy for me to trade my mods folders in and out. She's a truly amazing simmer though.

Yes, that's one of my reasons, as well. I only have store content, worlds and patterns through the launcher. Well, a couple of counters, too, since they don't work right otherwise. But all my downloaded and self-made CC is in package form. Much easier to organize and handle that way.
Instructor
#9 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 8:31 AM
I agree with all those comments about playability problems and clogged Mods and Downloads folders, but I feel I must add that I feel sorry about that. Personally I love artistically arranged clutter, and I'm sorry that I have to give up on that in TS3 because of playability. I would give one of my arms for a playable Victorian townhouse with all that fashionable Victorian clutter, especially in Sherlock Holmes / Baker Street style.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 12:34 AM
I adore ruby-red she's so talented really ! But me too I have cc I try to pick up maxis match like furniture or furniture I like because I often in the lack of these or that rooms and I stopped as well to overclutter everything except my simself' house and it's not as cluttered as this house.
And what I fear as well the most is crashing or my pets who use furniture not patched for and they are sent overseas beyond the Horizon line.