Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 11:29 AM
Default is it obnoxious to start your own gameplay thread?
I thought I should get this peer reviewed first; what's the consensus on starting your own thread to dump your gameplay stuff in? Screenshots, updates, etc. Do people do that? I'm working on a world and it would be fun to build a little space to share the stories unfolding inside it as well as some other stuff, not even neccessarily because anyone would be interested, but because it would be fun for myself.
Thoughts!?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 1:04 PM
If it's good stuff, I guess it won't be a problem.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 2:46 PM
Why not? It sounds like something you would enjoy. I guess you have to figure out where to actually put it but the worst thing that could happen is that nobody checks it out. But if you do it for yourself, that probably wouldn't bother you. I doubt the mods would have a problem with it if you put it in the right place. So go ahead and share your pixel stuff! :lovestruc
Inventor
#4 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 2:46 PM
I think it's interesting to see how people play, but it all depends a little on the quality. There are several picture threads where you can share different aspects of your game. A lot of the creators there put a little "backstory" when adding photos. I also know there are some double posting rules, but I'm not sure how they'll apply in a personal gameplay post like that. Personally I just made myself a Pinterest folder with pictures (mostly decorating) from my game. I write a few sentences about my progress and share it like an album.

Sandy, the creator from Aroundthesims, has her own page for her gameplay. It's nice as you get to see her Custom content in use, and she has remade Sunset Valley for her own liking.
http://aroundthesims.online.fr/my_sims/
Maybe you could do something similar, then just link to your world in your signature and share tidbits on picture posts etc.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 2:49 PM
We have a public social group for 'What's going on in your game (TS2)'. So perhaps you could start one for TS3, so that others could see what's going on with your sims as well as create threads to show you theirs.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
We have a public social group for 'What's going on in your game (TS2)'. So perhaps you could start one for TS3, so that others could see what's going on with your sims as well as create threads to show you theirs.

That's really cool, I've been here since 2013 and had no clue this feature existed.. It took me a few minutes to figure it out, but I made the group > : ) Hopefully it gains some kind of traction, so I'm not the lonely asshole going off in an empty void HAHAH
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 4:29 PM
That's great! Looks like you have someone posting there already.

I'll have to dig out my Sims 3 game!