Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 5:35 PM
Default Game play ideas....
I'm looking for new gameplay ideas.

I tried this: Start with ONE sim, and try and repopulate the town with human sims. Sadly, there is no way to stop all imigration of service & role sims, but I can fix that in game play...

Sure, there's service folks but here's how I handed it since NRAAS Porter can't pack plumbots:
Buy one Plumbot and get a learning chip. That plumbot learns plumbot skills and churns out plumbots like a machine. Then I use NRAAS MC to make them service sims and fill all the town roles. Soon all the human service and role sims are replaced. Or... Tiberium/Supernovium. One Tiberium = 40,000 simolians which buys like 10 plumbots; double that if you have Supernatural and you're making 20 service sims per Tiberium clone.

The human sim learns science skill and clones himself (University) twice (he has two samples). Then the clones get Imaginary friends (Generations?), who get girls names. Viola! Marry them off and you got two families going. Then clone the clones and Imaginary friends (Clones of Imaginary Friends are human) and you got an unlimited supply of humans, NONE of them related.

So, one plumbot making service plumbots... another plumbot with the Nanny chips watching after the clones, The original Sim - leaves room for two clones (who will get Imaginary friends) going at any one time.

Any other ideas?
Looking for more ideas cuz .... I don't know what else to do.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 6:13 PM
i feel like i found a way to stop all immigration, even service roles once upon a time using storyprogression and maybe one of the add-ons. i don't remember how but i know it can be done.
maybe the ISBI challenge? i've never done it myself, and it sounds ridiculous and exhausting but also potentially very entertaining.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ribbonista
i feel like i found a way to stop all immigration, even service roles once upon a time using storyprogression and maybe one of the add-ons. i don't remember how but i know it can be done.
maybe the ISBI challenge? i've never done it myself, and it sounds ridiculous and exhausting but also potentially very entertaining.

I seem to have screwed it up somehow... I set service and role sims to "pumbot" and they don't look like pumbots by using NRAAS SP and setting those castes as having plumbot a required trait. I tried simbots and that didn't work either, tho one sounded like it might be a sim bot.

I have register set to "no immigration" and SP to no immigration as well... and I'm still getting 100 sims that I have to remove with total annihilation.

Oh well, just not meant to be. If I could get this to work, my next game was going to be Gilligan's Island.

Gonna look up this ISBI challenge...
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 4:05 AM
I've been able to play TS2 style rotationally in TS3 and populate my own towns maually with 113NRaas Mod files and about 600 other Mods including awsomemod to fix school assingments and stop overcrowding issues.I play with immigration mostly turned off in Register and it's off in story progression as I immigrate my families in manually from edit town.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 2:35 AM
Well, you could always make a sim with the Unlucky and/or Loser traits and try to kill them in as many ways as possible.
Alchemist
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 9:33 AM
Play a medieval royal family I had a lot of fun with my Targaryen-inspired legacy (and yes, it included incest).

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 1:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Play a medieval royal family I had a lot of fun with my Targaryen-inspired legacy (and yes, it included incest).

I did this in a Praaven save once. I still have that save with the Starks, Targaryens, Tyrells, Lannisters, and even the smaller houses like the Umbers and the Karstarks. My game started to get really glitchy so I stopped playing that save,
but I had a lot of fun with it.
Site Helper
#8 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 2:58 PM
I had fun with a pair of siblings. One good, one evil. The good one wanted to be an International Super Spy, and the Evil one was working toward Emperor of Evil. And they were required (without cheating) to keep their relationship above 90 at all times. (Which got harder once that red flash started going on.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook