Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 12:53 AM
Default Those things that Sims do that make you wanna scream "OMG WTF ARE YOU DOING"
You know, when your pregnant lady rides to the hospital on a bike? Then decides to get off halfway there and jog the rest of the way? ...yeah, I know. What are some of your experiences?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 12:56 AM
Clearly, my sim was hungry. So, she gets half way through making dinner, and then gets distracted by her lover, forgets to eat, and then dies. What a moron. That's the last time I give a sim the hopeless romantic trait.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 1:05 AM
Never leave your sim couple alone with autonomous risky woohoo on: I ended up with five kids in a week. They weren't even family-oriented!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emilyhwithlove
You know, when your pregnant lady rides to the hospital on a bike? Then decides to get off halfway there and jog the rest of the way? ...yeah, I know. What are some of your experiences?

THIS! LOL
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 1:48 AM
Just about every time the Sim Parents want to drop everything to put the baby in the damned crib. No matter if they're practically dying of hunger - they have to get the baby (who is perfectly wide awake, by the way) into the crib.

I also had one Sim, while his wife was in LABOR, decide he HAD to take out the trash. It was just NOT an option to do anything else while his daughter was being born.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 2:40 AM
I hate when sims end up walking all across the house to get to the room next the room they were in. I don't know why they do this, because their paths are always clear.. it's just always so common of a thing for my sims to do
Field Researcher
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 3:01 AM
I still haven't gotten over how incompetent my sims are at managing their bladders. They REALLY REALLY have to pee, but then they get distracted, don't go to the bathroom, and end up peeing themselves.

The same thing happens with other tasks (getting distracted during cooking even though starving, leaving bags of dirty laundry on the floor because some other sim wanted to chat, etc, but it's the most ridiculous when they can't even make it to the potty.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 3:09 AM
Walking across the house to sit in the chair at the far end, when there was a perfectly good chair 3 tiles from where they started.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 4:02 AM
Or with in a couple of tiles of a bathroom and decides, nope going to do it like I was a 2 year old pitching a fit... Or the best ones are out in a park near a grill but still telling me how hungry he was.. Really? If I had not had the cheats on the little fool would have starved to death...
Instructor
#10 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 4:14 AM
I learned that you shouldn't put baseballs and footballs into the personal inventories of vampire sims. Otherwise, they will autonomously use them outside, even if it's high noon.

If you don't pay attention, they will get that very bad, -50 "Burned" moodlet for 2 days.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 5:03 AM
Today my firefighter sim's alarm went off. So he hops in his firetruck and heads to the scene to take care of business. He jumps out of his truck, he's standing in front of a burning house with trapped people inside, so what does he do? He picks up his cell phone and decides now is a good time to check in on his old friend from school *pacepalm*
Duck Defender
#12 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 5:25 AM
Recently, if I leave my sim's mom alone for 5 minutes, she'll do nothing but 'check out' her son's diploma. Every half an hour I have to close a thousand of those info popups.
Inventor
#13 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 6:11 AM
Whenever I try to get sims from different households to go to the same lot, and one decides to go home, it drives me mad. And it happens a lot.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 6:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JaneeMinx
Clearly, my sim was hungry. So, she gets half way through making dinner, and then gets distracted by her lover, forgets to eat, and then dies. What a moron. That's the last time I give a sim the hopeless romantic trait.

That sounds like something out of a national epic or something. The heroine is so enamored with her lover, that she forgets to eat, thus dying in her lover's arms.

Of course, in the Sims, that's considered stupid.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 7:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by catangi
I still haven't gotten over how incompetent my sims are at managing their bladders. They REALLY REALLY have to pee, but then they get distracted, don't go to the bathroom, and end up peeing themselves.

The same thing happens with other tasks (getting distracted during cooking even though starving, leaving bags of dirty laundry on the floor because some other sim wanted to chat, etc, but it's the most ridiculous when they can't even make it to the potty.

Aaargh the laundry thing drives me mental, piles of stinking laundry everywhere and why in the name of all thats sacred do parents feel the need to interupt kids when they are autonomously doing their homework. " Oh look, better watch out he/she is at that fancy book learning better go and put a stop to that before they get to big for their boots."
Dont even get me started on the absolute fascination they have with the sprinklers everytime I cant find Zelda Mae there she is prancing about waving her bony butt at the sprinklers. I am actually starting to think that in TS3 terms AI equals Artificial Idiocy.

I want to punch Chris Steel in the face!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 8:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsamu
Aaargh the laundry thing drives me mental, piles of stinking laundry everywhere and why in the name of all thats sacred do parents feel the need to interupt kids when they are autonomously doing their homework. " Oh look, better watch out he/she is at that fancy book learning better go and put a stop to that before they get to big for their boots."
Dont even get me started on the absolute fascination they have with the sprinklers everytime I cant find Zelda Mae there she is prancing about waving her bony butt at the sprinklers. I am actually starting to think that in TS3 terms AI equals Artificial Idiocy.

I had a simbot once that was absolutely obsessed with the sprinkler. He shorted out at least 3 times a day if I didn't keep him on a short leash.

Parent sims autonomously putting toddlers in the crib when they are full on energy drives me up the wall.
Instructor
#17 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 8:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Velve
I had a simbot once that was absolutely obsessed with the sprinkler. He shorted out at least 3 times a day if I didn't keep him on a short leash.

Did he have the "Loves the Outdoors" trait?

Once I had a sim-bot like that. I used MC to change that, so that didn't happen anymore.
Test Subject
#18 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 8:47 AM
Whenever I direct my sims to do anything (or when they automatically head off for work) they just stand there for hours on end.
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 9:01 AM
Default Sprinklers. Can't beat 'em.
Quote: Originally posted by BenC0722
Did he have the "Loves the Outdoors" trait?

Once I had a sim-bot like that. I used MC to change that, so that didn't happen anymore.

My Sims do it for sure, one more so than the other, although neither has traits that would seem to directly relate to it. I just know to look for them in the yard.

Teenagers also go for it, and therefore probably Sims with the Childish trait -- that would include Zelda Mae.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
My Sims do it for sure, one more so than the other, although neither has traits that would seem to directly relate to it. I just know to look for them in the yard.

Teenagers also go for it, and therefore probably Sims with the Childish trait -- that would include Zelda Mae.

I know Zelda Mae has the childish trait but I dont really want to change her, I think it suits her I think in my game she may also have the love outdoors trait but I'd need to check to that. On the otherhand her housemates none of who have the childish or loves outdoor traits are also fairly obsessed with sprinklers it's just she stands out as particularly bad.

I want to punch Chris Steel in the face!
#21 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 9:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JaneeMinx
Clearly, my sim was hungry. So, she gets half way through making dinner, and then gets distracted by her lover, forgets to eat, and then dies.

Emily Bronte says 'woot!' to this post!
#22 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 9:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsamu
I know Zelda Mae has the childish trait but I dont really want to change her, I think it suits her I think in my game she may also have the love outdoors trait but I'd need to check to that. On the otherhand her housemates none of who have the childish or loves outdoor traits are also fairly obsessed with sprinklers it's just she stands out as particularly bad.

As one with a personal hatred of Zelda Mae (she and my designer sim had a run in over a renovation she did for her) I think that Zelda would be better served going to get her roots done than arsing about with sprinklers!

Ps ... this mod is awesome for that scenario! http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=349614
Field Researcher
#23 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 10:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by withoutmywings
Today my firefighter sim's alarm went off. So he hops in his firetruck and heads to the scene to take care of business. He jumps out of his truck, he's standing in front of a burning house with trapped people inside, so what does he do? He picks up his cell phone and decides now is a good time to check in on his old friend from school *pacepalm*

'Yo dawg, I herd yo like fire so I put yo house on fire.'

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 11:04 AM
I hate it when I send two of my Sims to the same place and one nicks off with the car so the other one runs there. All the way there. DX And they run everywhere in holiday locations no matter how far away it is; what happened to calling a taxi?

I have a Firefighter Sim; I swear she is the only one who works in that place. When she's off over the weekend I keep getting warnings that the alarm and fire engine are running down on maintenance; so make the weekend staff get off their lazy arses and maintain them. DX When she gets back on Monday they're always around 12%. All the other Firefighters do is sit around playing video games or eating. Noone else ever gets in the truck for an emergency either.

I went looking for my Firefighter Sim once and found her in the basement 'training' another Firefighter. He looked like he was about to pass out and she's yelling him on. I was thinking 'yeah get his lazy arse moving!' XD Sadly he was saved by the bell. My Sim is pretty good at getting to the fires; it's afterwards that she sits down to watch T.V. instead of returning to the station (or pee, but I figure she just put out their fire; she should be allowed to use their bathroom). And if you stand around for two seconds longer than the game thinks is necessary it tells you you're missing work even when you're on your way back to the station.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 2:18 PM
Probably my newest sim deciding to make out with her grandfather-in-law (infront of her toddler and son)! then she went to give birth in front of them. her husband couldnt care less!
Page 1 of 321