Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Dec 2015 at 11:53 PM Last edited by Lodakai : 22nd Jul 2016 at 4:29 AM.
Default [WIP] Romance Difficulty - Revival
Romance Difficulty will include the following changes:
Multiple modules will be available in order to avoid conflicts where unnecessary as well as having more customization.

- Romance will be more difficult overall. Flirty moods will generate more success.
- Socialization skills will have a higher impact
- Relationships will increase at a slower rate
- Mood Will have a higher impact on your romantic interactions.

Based on feedback I may include these further options.
- Physical skill may have an impact on some of your romantic and woohoo success.
- Some woohoo interactions, while successful, might leave lingering emotional scars based on your relationship status.
- Relationships can suddenly autonomously end if you bore your romantic interest or interact with them in a bad mood.
- An optional file will allow for easier relationship success for actions initiated by women (yes I will include a male alternative)
Please Rate your preference below: I wont have the time for all of them. But I will work on the favored outcome.

Updating files in progress

STATUS: Testing effect of various relationship tuning numbers. Will post some general findings when available.
STATUS UPDATE: 1/5/16 - Testing Various different settings alone so far. Slow going but progress is being made. There are just SO MANY ways to do this =D
STATUS UPDATE: 1/16/16 - Lack of testers make this slow going. I've added a new system to reduce relationship gains as a separate file. This file will additionally make it take longer to woo someone.
STATUS UPDATE: 7/13/16 - Testing is slow so far. I will only add updates by request as I am changing the numbers constantly at this point.. as well as updating to keep up with patches.
STATUS UPDATE 7/21/16 - I've found a method that will be workable and less invasive than altering ALL the interactions. I've chosen a select few along with Relationship manipulation. This method will work. Looking for active testers right now.

UPDATING FILE - Download will be made available by request from active testing volunteers.
Post below to volunteer
Volunteer Requirements:
- I will need at least a little feedback on your play experience with this mod
- I would like to ask for a screenshot if you are able that I can include in the mod release images.
- Must be willing to do at least 3 days of sim playtesting

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#2 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 2:52 AM Last edited by Lodakai : 22nd Jul 2016 at 3:11 AM.
Streamlining the files right now to be less invasive to other actions.
Removing most of the preferences in favor of LTR and Relationship change manipulation

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 2:53 AM
Reserved - This space will reflect possible proposed xml changes to Friendly non romantic interactions

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Jan 2016 at 3:05 AM
Reserved - Other

Test Subject
#5 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 10:28 PM
I really hope you continue work on this. I just downloaded it and although I can't say for certain sure, it does seem to work. I still personally feel it is too easy, but definitely seems to be better than the default. It seems that as soon as you get the romantic bar under the friend bar that romantic gestures start getting really easy, though this might not have been helped by the fact that one of the sims became "very flirty" midway through the conversation.
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 8:24 AM
Hi, @Lodakai! I'm testing your mod and It works most of the time with success!
My sim-family is composed by two young adults, They're already engaged.
When the sim is in good mood, a flirt is easy but not too easy. And otherwise when the sim is in bad mood, a flirt is not easy and in my case the sim mood change to an akward state! I'm trying the mod, and I'm in the first three days of testing.
I keep playing and testing it for sharing more feedback.
@Lodakai, Keep working on this mod, seems very interesting!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Jul 2016 at 1:13 AM Last edited by Lodakai : 22nd Jul 2016 at 3:16 AM.
Looking for Active Volunteers. Post below. Testing version will be made available if I can get enough people to test and tweak the numbers.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 4:09 AM
I now have a working model in my own game. Looking to tweak the numbers for best effect.
Hoping to release by next month. I severely need testers. PLEASE volunteer if you have the time. Thank you

I am also considering these following options. Rank them by preference if you have the time. Below:

- Romance will be more difficult overall. Flirty moods will generate more success.
- Socialization skills will have a higher impact
- Relationships will increase at a slower rate
- Mood Will have a higher impact on your romantic interactions.

Based on feedback I may include these further options.
- Physical skill may have an impact on some of your romantic and woohoo success.
- Some woohoo interactions, while successful, might leave lingering emotional scars based on your relationship status.
- Relationships can suddenly autonomously end if you bore your romantic interest or interact with them in a bad mood.
- An optional file will allow for easier relationship success for actions initiated by women (yes I will include a male alternative)

Since my time is limited. Please let me know which option you prefer. Or rank them. Also post your thoughts on any ideas you might have to add to these options.
I will include these changes in the first post to reflect the current status of the project.

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Jul 2016 at 12:02 AM
Thank you a lot but how i download this mod???
i would love to have difficult time to flirt abd do romance since the game itself its too easy

I would love to see unrequited love, like a sim loves sim B but he doesnt love her back and hes interested about other sims and the sim A suffers from him dont like her... And maybe dies with anger or saddness...?!might a chance...

I would also love to see if on the day of a wedding a male sim isnt sure of the vows like the love bar isnt completely full on him... Insted the womans bar is full because shes in love with him...

And the options you referred are very nice, specilly the physical important part for woohooing...

Please we need this mod... In the sims forums theres plenty of people looking for it
I just type on google: "romance difficult on sims forums" and there's threads of this.

Thank you for your time and i will wait for a response and download file!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 2:50 AM
@Chantalwapa

I have all of the files available. I am just looking for people to do some in game testing. It is a time consuming process that I have trouble doing alone.
Some of the things I have changed in the past caused instability in my game. My current version seems ok. But I need volunteers to help me make sure that everything worked out fine.
If you are interested in testing, I will make the files available to you before I have a chance to release them.

Test Subject
#11 Old 1st May 2017 at 4:08 PM
Are you still making your files available for testing? I'd love to give them a shot, as this is exactly what I'm looking for.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SwordShaman
Are you still making your files available for testing? I'd love to give them a shot, as this is exactly what I'm looking for.

Sorry for the late response.. I've been away modding skyrim and fallout 4.
I might come back and fix some of my old mods if nobody has tended to them yet... but unfortunately in this case, there did not seem to be enough interest in it to keep me developing it. I did get pretty far in doing so though.
It's just hard to work hard on a mod without much interest or feedback for it.