Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#201 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 6:49 PM
Only keeping a save for a day then getting a new idea so abandoning my family.. then abandoning the new save, it's a vicious cycle.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#202 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 8:21 PM
Recently I've started making separate saves not only for every month, which I've been doing for about 3 years now, but also for every few days. Good idea in theory, terrible idea in practice.

How the hell am I supposed to know what added value "BRIDGEPORT88 1-3-18b" and "B88 Buildyland Prime 1-4-18" have? These are 500 megs a pop which isn't so bad by itself, but with several of these a week sometimes - and also a number of other saves I give the same treatment - you'll end up with dozens and dozens of gigabytes worth of saves pretty quickly. And I have no idea which ones I should keep and which ones I should bin.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Site Helper
#203 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 2:39 PM
Presumably you do know what added value the save has when you make it?
if it's something like "This is the save from just before they left on an extended vacation" or "This is the save from just after my sim achieved a major and difficult milestone like an LTW," the name would be Bridgeport88 1-3-18b KEEP.

Otherwise, once it's over 2 months old it goes, unless that month has no "Keeper" saves and it's the latest one.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#204 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 3:09 PM
Yeah I should do that. Right now I just create a new save every 2-3 days regardless of what has or hasn't happened. Usually nothing's happened. Sometimes I make a minor, somewhat irreversible decision like giving a Sim a facial makeover or redesigning the kitchen, and that's when I usually create the "b" saves.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
#205 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
making my sims have way too many children.

I tend to keep the number of children down to 2 sometimes 3. However, they never move out. They get married, and have a couple children each
2 original parents
2 children, plus spouses, plus 2 more children each (8 more sims)
4 grandchildren (from above) plus spouses, plus 2 more children each (12 more sims)
8 grandchildren (from above) plus spouses, plus 2 more children each (24 more sims)
The house gets very crowded.
By this time, I start messing with NRass and deleting family relationship. Then they can start to marry each other (aka second cousins) to save on space. I also start to move out some of the ones that I'm losing interest in but the house is still VERY crowded. The house I use can sleep 32, plus a guest room plus a kids room with bunk beds.

Gord - the Mad Doctor
One of the Puppy People Lying Naked in the Periwinkle
Hacking the Human Race (ie - recombinating marsupial genes so nudists can have pockets) any other requests?
Scholar
#206 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 4:01 AM
You must not micromanage your sims.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#207 Old 27th May 2018 at 9:10 PM
I've had some experience with that too, recently. It's.......obstructive. I think it's safe to say that having to manage 25 Sims at a time completely ruins any and all enjoyment of the game.

insert signature here
Space Pony
#208 Old 28th May 2018 at 2:43 AM
I ether turn my sims into homebodies, because excluding work,school and maybe going out on adventures mostly everything else can be achieved at home.
I also can rarely get past the first generation because I get board easily.
Field Researcher
#209 Old 28th May 2018 at 6:57 AM
I need to start playing on speed 1.
Site Helper
#210 Old 29th May 2018 at 4:13 PM
I'm still downloading CC and mods for the sims onto my new computer. I still haven't found where I put the codes to install my game onto it yet. (It's in a "nice, safe place where it won't get lost." )

So I guess my worst habit is downloading stuff.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#211 Old 31st May 2018 at 5:57 PM
I am very much guilty of the 95% building/5% playing syndrome. To make things easier, I tend to keep a save for building and a play save... that poor, neglected play save haha! I used to get a little bored too easily, until I invested in a few EPs and stuff packs then I started to enjoy playing more.

My other bad habit is making my Sim as antisocial as I am.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#212 Old 31st May 2018 at 6:21 PM
It's probably above 95% for me.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#213 Old 31st May 2018 at 9:41 PM
I'm writing a blog for my current legacy and of course writing and preparing screenshots takes a lot more time than simply playing the game. That often leads to me being much further in my game than in the story... With the chapter that I will (hopefully) finish tonight I will finally have caught up again, so now I can finally play the game again for the first time since January So yeah, that's my worst simming/blogging habit, playing too fast and writing too slowly.

My bad building habit is that I always start super motivated and then gradually lose that motivation until I just slap random furniture on it to finish it. You can usually tell where I started building/furnishing because it looks all nice and pretty at first and the last rooms just get the bare essentials in some pre-set color. I'm kind of lazy when it comes to building anyway though.
Page 9 of 9