Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#101 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 8:29 PM
I think I'll get to it right after the '80s themed, semi-scripted, edited, Let's play series that I'll be doing soon. So it may take a while, because what I still need to get that done is a few things:
- the will to shoot several hours of gameplay footage + commentary
- the will to edit several hours of gameplay footage + commentary
- the will to do it monthly
- editing skillz
- an 80s-tastic intro sequence
- a sense of humour
So after that I'll do the same thing for TS4, with the one big difference being that I won't enjoy it as much.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Theorist
#102 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 5:08 AM
I didn't read the whole thread, but I just wanted to say that I really, really hated TS3 at first. I used to love TS2, and TS3 did too many things wrong, it didn't even allow me to play my style (rotating families). Years later, I decided to give it another run out of boredom and then somehow discovered the existence of global mods that fixed all that which I hated. Those were Awesomemod and Nraas master controller. Suddenly I could play TS3 the way I wanted to, and after that happened, I realized that I liked the game. I just didn't like the default game.

I also used to hate default pudding faces, but then I discovered custom sliders and now I can make sims whose looks I like. :-)

Basically the community saved TS3 for me! I'd still hate it with a passion if the community didn't fix all the annoying stuff and didn't create custom sliders.

If the OP is willing to see how all this stuff she hates can be fixed (and she already bought the game anyway, so it's worth a try), I suggest giving global mods a whirl. Just one, though, and I'm not sure in which state Awesomemod is now, so I suggest Nraas. Just google 'sims 3 nraas master controller', unless you were already told in this thread how to get it (I noticed that its creator was posting here).
Mad Poster
#103 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 7:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
Just one, though, and I'm not sure in which state Awesomemod is now, so I suggest Nraas. Just google 'sims 3 nraas master controller', unless you were already told in this thread how to get it (I noticed that its creator was posting here).

AwesomeMod is fine, but I wouldn't vouch for any level of personalized feelgood quality player support over there, nor will you get a lavender scented customer satisfaction survey to fill out with free gifts for those who participate.

Slight correction, if I may. The creator of NRaas was Twallan. He did used to post here at MTS, but he retired coming up on four years ago now. We kept the support site and knowledge base going, and the mods have a different developer in charge of them now with others contributing as they have been able to over time.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#104 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 9:33 AM
Not much to say here other than that I have for a while now suspected that igazor is in fact twallan in disguise.

Have you ever noticed that, no matter in what section, whenever the NRaas mods are mentioned on this site you can expect an igazor post within the next minutes? It's rather uncanny.
Mad Poster
#105 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 10:30 AM
Right, the fact that I couldn't program my way out of a paper bag in C# or .NET together with my distinct lack of a Canadian accent and tendency to use American spellings for everything have just been clever fronts all of this time. Sometimes I amaze even myself, I have statues in my own honor (a la Cloudwalker Sims) in my games, etc.

Besides Don, I think you were around at NRaas long enough ago to see Twallan and me as a relative noob at the time if we go back far enough interact with each other. Although I suppose that could have all been a front as well.

Nah. I just have some pretty good forum timing and, apparently, too much time on my hands even while working. And I do keep very odd hours.
Mad Poster
#106 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Not much to say here other than that I have for a while now suspected that igazor is in fact twallan in disguise.
Have you ever noticed that, no matter in what section, whenever the NRaas mods are mentioned on this site you can expect an igazor post within the next minutes? It's rather uncanny.

I've had suspicions of the sort. And everytime I see a help thread I'd like to answer, he's already beat me to it.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
#107 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 11:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Right, the fact that I couldn't program my way out of a paper bag in C# or .NET together with my distinct lack of a Canadian accent and tendency to use American spellings for everything have just been clever fronts all of this time. Sometimes I amaze even myself, I have statues in my own honor (a la Cloudwalker Sims) in my games, etc.

Besides Don, I think you were around at NRaas long enough ago to see Twallan and me as a relative noob at the time if we go back far enough interact with each other. Although I suppose that could have all been a front as well.

Nah. I just have some pretty good forum timing and, apparently, too much time on my hands even while working. And I do keep very odd hours.
That's the thing about conspiracies. Once you're caught in their webs no amount of C# or .NET can help you wriggle your way out of them anymore.

One, how do you know that twallan has a Canadian accent? I've been following the NRaas mods since MATY times and I didn't know about any accents, let alone notice any.

Second, I think I can change my spelling from largely British to American rather quickly, too, if I made an effort.

Three, the only NRaas person who regularly posted at MTS was twallan. Once he disappeared the postings by igazor and brappl increased. I really would like to see the logs to determine whether there was ever any instance of igazor being logged in at the same time twallan was.

Maybe twallan never existed as one person, but was the front persona for a group I am still baffled at how seemingly without effort the transition from twallan to Chain (plus igazor, icarus_allsorts, brappl etc.) happened.

ETA: Four, twallan had this idiosyncratic habit of ending his posts with a
Mad Poster
#108 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
That's the thing about conspiracies. Once you're caught in their webs no amount of C# or .NET can help you wriggle your way out of them anymore.

One, how do you know that twallan has a Canadian accent? I've been following the NRaas mods since MATY times and I didn't know about any accents, let alone notice any.
Second, I think I can change my spelling from largely British to American rather quickly, too, if I made an effort.
Three, the only NRaas person who regularly posted at MTS was twallan. Once he disappeared the postings by igazor and brappl increased. I really would like to see the logs to determine whether there was ever any instance of igazor being logged in at the same time twallan was.
Maybe twallan never existed as one person, but was the front persona for a group I am still baffled at how seemingly without effort the transition from twallan to Chain (plus igazor, icarus_allsorts, brappl etc.) happened.
ETA: Four, twallan had this idiosyncratic habit of ending his posts with a

It's settled, then. If igazor knows things he couldn't have known unless he was actually Twallan, and if the both of them have never been seen in a room together, the evidence is paramount.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#109 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 12:44 PM Last edited by igazor : 16th Oct 2017 at 5:28 AM.
(mumbles something about those meddling kids and their annoying dog trying to unravel non-existent mysteries when they should just mind their own business...)

Without having a meeting about it or anything, brappl, steveset (aka J4Ks), and I increased our MTS presence here precisely because Twallan had departed from the scene. If someone was going to answer questions about the mods, we would have preferred that they be done without misinformation being spread and with more redirection back to the NRaas site when needed. As for that month after his retirement when Patches 1.66 and 1.67 came out in rapid succession, it may not have looked like it to the general public but it was pretty chaotic behind the scenes. Chain still isn't quite sure how they (he and JunJayMdM really) got through all of that as brilliantly and efficiently as they did, although the world as we know it would not have ended if they took another couple of months to sort everything out. SimAd, Twallan's only other "staff" member, managed the site and the team he assembled beautifully back then, the rest of us didn't really come on board fully as Organizers until many months later.

I was just assuming (jokingly) that Twallan had an accent, but there was never any question that he is Canadian.

I'm very flattered by the conspiracy theory, but if anyone had put me in charge of the mods themselves it wouldn't have taken very long before I managed to permanently break all of your games beyond repair and probably blow up half of your computers while at it. You will never uncover my true identity nor even be able to determine what my screen name means, not that either would really be all that interesting. And tell that dog of yours to stop tugging at what he thinks is my mask, it's not actually removable. (<-- can't help ending lots of posts this way, especially when I am smiling behind the computer while typing them)
Mad Poster
#110 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 12:47 PM
(<-- can't help ending lots of posts this way, especially when I am smiling behind the computer while typing them)

This too, is very suspicious. I don't find the idea of smiling whilst typing up a comment to be very convincing, but that may just be me. I'm pretty much perpetually angry when I'm not taking the piss and making rude jokes.
Your opinion, Don?

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#111 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 1:13 PM
The only thing you have proven thus far is that igazor and GrijzePilion are not the same person. But that's kind of like proving that water is wet or that we will have weather today, it doesn't really take much effort.
#112 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 1:22 PM
(mumbles something about those meddling kids and their annoying dog trying to unravel non-existent mysteries when they should just mind their own business...)

(...)
I bet that's a clue, too , depending on whether you mean Scooby-Doo (US) or The Famous Five (UK, and as such probably well known in Canada, too).

But anyway, apart from the creepiness factor of NRaas staff being omnipresent like the Spanish Inquisition, you are all doing an amazing job
Scholar
#113 Old 15th Oct 2017 at 7:28 PM
you know @igazor - the more you say/write the more suspect and guilty you looks that's why PR always fails.

though it's not that bad to be the "Twallan honoris causa" even if the humble one start to scream he does not deserve or something.

"Time passed, the history become a legend, the legend become a myth...."

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Field Researcher
#114 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 12:10 AM
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Forum Resident
#115 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 10:27 PM
Believe me sims 3 is my everyday game for years and I still love it but there is as every sims game pros and cons.

Maybe what I hate the most is there is no veterinary caring. I mean pets are ill. Currently plenty of my cats who hasn't the reward about health are allergic because we're Spring and I can't do nothing for curing them... Hullo EA you can make our pets ill that's okay but no vet health care at the hospital?
Same frustrating feeling when you see them contagious, they have to stay in quarantine at house. No alchemy elixir to cure them, no pills to buy at the hospital. No just buy the reward !
Nobody who comes to the opportinities for pets gathering. No possibilities to have multiple leashes for two, three dogs, no jogging with them.

I also miss terribly there is no more gameboard choices as mah-jong and the "Lama qui dort", no pokers card game as in TS2. The driving electric car, boats , no juice to create except drinks at bar and nectars. No possibility to have more favourite food as for instance lasagna when the store content came out. No jazz music option but two rap music?

And toddlers the catastrophy ! They are not fun at all. They want fetch the toilet water, can't interact with pets. Not enough toys for them. I love everything else as the sand boxes, pushchairs, the fact they can travel with parents in community lots but this ther lack of interactions is very a problem to me. They are litteraly BORING!

This game is stunning but it lacks of details. Fortunately modders are marvellous in this community and I wish they continue to make the game better , brings gameplays because without mods ts3 can't be played.

Sorry my English isn't correct.
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 10:33 PM
You're about 8 years too late my friend.... the TS3 hate wagon has already passed through! lol
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 11:42 AM
But it's still cool to hate on ts4, right guys? :-O ....right?

I talk to myself but no one answers ;_;
Mad Poster
#118 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 12:07 PM
Always.

insert signature here
Instructor
#119 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 12:11 PM
Forum Resident
#120 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 12:27 AM
I never say I hate sims 3 but there are stuffs that brings me very angry because it's absolutely a wonderful game, really the open world is what I love the most and make me addicted to my Sunset Valley and all the activities (that aren't enough to me as the lack of interactions as well) the but EA and the gurus as casual didn't go too far and I am not the only one who are a fan of sims 3 plays it everyday and share frustrations. I complain as a cry of the heart and in the official forum I even stated that sims 4 was an error to create it because nobody needs it. and we need new developpement for sims 2 and sims 3.

As the toddlers, they are also overlooked so why? Toddlers doesn't fetch the toilet, in sims 2 and sims 4 they do it , they barely interact with pets etc. They are boring though still cute.

I even don't know why I got 3 disagree they are very exaggerated and for a time I preach for realism and more stuffs people blame on me....
We can still discuss of what we like and what we hate because that's human as long as we accept each others and give modders ideas why not !
Especially NRASS still creating omg !!
Page 5 of 5