Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 11:46 AM
Default Medieval mod overhaul.
So ... I remember being so upset about sims medivil not being a sims game with a medivil coat of paint. so i was wandering... is it possible to just mod sims 3 to being medivil setting? Like starting as a woodsmen who eventually rises to kinghood?

Big things are changing the work uniforms to medivil themed jobs like all police in the game dressed as knights. and All cars being replaced with horses. Cell phones reskinned to like... a magic caunch shell for all i care. Computer called a crystal ball. Firefighters as guards as wel, uhh all that stuff. Is it possible?
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 2:29 PM
Ha, you want a different game?

You're walking in other people's footsteps. You just have to settle for a bit less. Go for each individual part as you mentioned, and give in when you can't find more.

Look above in this forum for the WCIF subforum, and ask there. It's short for "where can I find".
dodgy builder
#4 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I'm pretty sure medieval sims 3 already exist? Both custom world and store bought worlds have it, I think it's called Prevan or Privan?

Isn't that by jje1000? He didn't quite get there did he? I seem to remember something he couldn't get, but I may remember wrong.
Theorist
#5 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 2:49 PM
Praaven is as complete as can be (witout the mods you'll need obviously)

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Scholar
#7 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 8:32 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 10th Nov 2017 at 9:12 PM.
Dragon Valley or Monte Vista with heavy editing ofc
Sadly going full medieval is going to take a lot of time and searching.. that is depending on what you want. Theres plenty of resources floating around.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 9:53 PM
I honestly don't know how to link, but I play Sims 3 medieval themed games all of the time, and here are my resources for lots of medieval content in your game. Mod the sims (of course), Tumblr Sims 3 medieval cc finder, The sims resource, Murfeel Sims 3 tumblr (also she has a page with a shit load of medieval content on The sims resource), and google. I'll go to google images and type Sims 3 medieval custom content and then just click on different sites which leads to me to other custom content creators who make clothing, furniture, default replacements etc.... There's a ton of medieval content for the sims 3. As for custom medieval worlds, I used Praaven, Caldey Isles, Wild Wild West, and MiddleEarth....
Instructor
#9 Old 17th Apr 2020 at 11:25 PM
Yes this is possible.
It takes a CRAP=LOAD of Mods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y8WxbO4jgE

MKATSONP is a Sims 3 Medieval Comedy Drama on Youtube and Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 2nd May 2020 at 10:00 PM
It is probably doable to get a 99% convincing medieval gameplay, but the process of getting there isgoing to be REALLY tedious. I've thought about it but it seems so daunting that I haven't fully tried it. What you will need:
A medieval custom world: like some others already mentioned, Praaven is perfect. It is the most detailed and allround beautiful medieval world with an extensive backstory (in the lot descriptions, the text file that comes with the world, and visual elements like burned buildings. And very important, it has no roads, so you won't have to find a way to get rid of cars. For the updated/reworked version: https://nornities.tumblr.com/post/6...-reworked-a-new

Custom clothing and objects. There are some Sims Medieval conversions out there, as well as original meshes, or you can use clothing from store content (From for instance some of the fantasy packs, the Tudor themed one, or use those who come with Dragon Valley)

Mods to stop sims from using modern tech like their phones, laptops or bicycles, Maybe add some social classes, use townies as register sims, etc.: Nraas mods will be your friend. With Register you can change options for who tends the registers in town. Story Progression can be used for many purposes like creating castes, making sure the palace stays in the hands of the Royal family, restrict certain castes from certain jobs etc. To stop sims from using technology, you'll have to change A LOT of settings in Retuner. With Dresser you might be able to restrict modern clothes? not sure how that works. Or you could just make all townies wear medieval clothes, and use Master Controler to send them to the stylist whenever they change their wardrobe. Oh also, look up the Transmogrifier mod here on MTS, it might be useful for creating medieval versions of modern interactions (for instance changing a stack of books from Supernatural to function like a computer).

Oh and now I think of it, there's also a sword fighting mod on MTS.

Like I said, it will be a lot of work, but it's probably possible. I remember a thread from long ago (not on MTS iirc) that was about this, so maybe google it.

If you get to the point of having a convincing medieval save, please post your instructions on what settings in the mods you used exactly. I'd assume that many simmers would love to hear about it, including yours truly
Mad Poster
#11 Old 2nd May 2020 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Isn't there also a store medieval town? It comes with a bakery oven?

Bakery oven doesn't come with a world, but with its own community lot. The pizza oven, however, does indeed come/advertised to be played with Monte Vista world which can be change up to look like medieval town. Dragon Valley is the one that I would count as heavily medieval based world.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.