Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 4:59 PM
Default Official Whining Thread™
just a thread for letting off steam when you're having trouble with your game. is it crashing? you can't download the cc you want? your gamefile that you spent countless hours on got corrupted?
let it all out, buddy. we've got your back.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 5:22 PM
hm ... how long is gonna last?
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 5:43 PM
@volvenom i can't know for sure, that's the test of time all new threads are exposed to :~) seems like a reasonable way to contain the frustration, though!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 5:44 PM
Most of my problems with the sims are self inflicted. I have it running perfectly now. Then I add mods that mess it up.. but I won't give up the mods.
Alchemist
#5 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 7:21 PM
I spend more time downloading and organizing CC than actually using it in-game...

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
I spend more time downloading and organizing CC than actually using it in-game...

big mood tbh
it's probably a blessing in disguise that my launcher currently won't let me install sims3packs *_*
Theorist
#7 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 7:54 PM
Populating nightclubs. Still a headache....

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist

Try this (in case you haven't).

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Field Researcher
#9 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 8:58 PM
The game takes FOREVER to load! I've done all the cleanup stuffs recommended around the site, but maybe it's just that my computer is getting old.
Scholar
#10 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ribbonista
your gamefile that you spent countless hours on got corrupted?

Urgh, now you reminded me how my 100 Baby File was doing fine, the heir was a teen and things were going fine, then the game kept crashing. Even putting them into a different town and all sorts didn't work.
Scholar
#11 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 10:55 PM
The more EPs, SPs, and the more mods and cc you have installed, the longer its going to take to load. At least on this present computer it does load. On my older one it would frequently just freeze. I could always tell when it had, because the tips would stop changing after a while. The only thing to be done about it was to shut down and delete all cache files. Haven't had that problem on this machine, which has more RAM and a faster processor, but it still takes a long time to load.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#12 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 11:29 PM
I dont like that when I'm editing worlds I want to hurry and play the actual game but when I start playing I immediately get another idea for an edit and feel I must begin immediately.

Also I'll finish a world and then feel too much anxiety to play it, almost like those seasonal dolls people would collect and leave in the box.
Test Subject
#13 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist

1) don't put those ropes for bouncers at the club entrances. Or at least don't set required celebrity level to enter the clubs. Most Bridgeport clubs have this, this is why they are so empty in the first place
2) if you are using NRaas Master Controller, click on the lot (somewhere on the ground) select NRass/Master Controller/Invite Over/sort the townies by desired criteria, such as age group, and most of them will usually show up. I have tried this in clubs with no entrance restrictions - works really well for me. Maybe some people would find this way too cheaty for their gameplay, but it is still one of the solutions.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by stormcat3
The game takes FOREVER to load! I've done all the cleanup stuffs recommended around the site, but maybe it's just that my computer is getting old.

The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment for getting past the loading screen.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#15 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 4:02 AM
I wished I could've avoided awesomemod and still got rid of automated school assingments though it was the only Mod that had that feature so I ended up having to use it anyways and now I can't play without having my game loaded with over 700 Mod files and it still is way too fast and I have trouble getting my pictures sometimes if I forget to pause often eough.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 4:07 AM
A few minutes ago I opened an unpopulated save of lots I reworked for a world and got the 'Missing Objects - Replaced' warning (closed it without saving). My last save of the lots was 11/11/2017, what in the hell did I move or delete from my mods folder between then and tonight?!?!?! Think girl, think!

Hoping that this whine eases the self-inflicted pain.

ETA: Whining worked, so thanks much for this thread! I moved the cigarette smoking mod out (derp) and the packs were replaced with tissues. Now I need to go burn one to celebrate
Field Researcher
#18 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 8:01 AM
Ugliest lighting, colour banding, and colour palette usage. What was The Sims Studio thinking?

We all have to look for answers somewhere. Some in big ol' books, others in big ol' bottles of whiskey.

— Kimberly Irion as Bonnie MacFarlane in Red Dead Redemption (2010)
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 8:54 AM
No UI scaling. A nightmare for high resolution monitors.
Game refuse to use a well calibrated ICC Profile on fullscreen. Have to use 3rd party program called "Borderless Gaming" to force game to use ICC Profile and still get fullscreen. But still that is just borderless fullscreen not true fullscreen. (there is a performance impact between this).
Error 12 because the game is 32 bit. How many times ? Here are my little advice. If you face error 12 when saving. You can try to reduce resolution to lowest (640x480 windows mode) and reduce high detail lots , edge smoothing to lowest. There is a high chance that you can save your game with this method.
Color banding everywhere if your GPU or monitors don't have dithering.
Stuttering , lag , freeze no matter on crappy laptop or high end PC.
No search tool in build / buy mode like Sims 4. Lots of waste time when try to find something especially if you have lots of EP / SP / CC.
No blueprint mode that can load / save room like Sims 4.
Some bug still didn't fixed like Sims can't sleep on bed. Have to sell it and buy a new one.
Very slow create a style / Sims. SSD don't help.

Last...Sims 3 has stopped working...(when you spend 8 hours to create some beautiful house but you forget / lazy to save).
Alchemist
#20 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by enterprise24
Error 12 because the game is 32 bit. How many times ? Here are my little advice. If you face error 12 when saving. You can try to reduce resolution to lowest (640x480 windows mode) and reduce high detail lots , edge smoothing to lowest. There is a high chance that you can save your game with this method.

Haven't come across an Error 12 after switching to 8GB of RAM (inb4 game refuses to save anymore after this comment). I wouldn't even consider playing on a lower resolution or reducing detail to the point of everything looking floodfilled, with no detail at all. I know some prioritize gameplay over looks, but at that point the lower-than-144p quality would seriously deter me from playing.

Interestingly enough, I seem to get the "Sims 3 has stopped working" one instead.

Quote: Originally posted by enterprise24
No search tool in build / buy mode like Sims 4. Lots of waste time when try to find something especially if you have lots of EP / SP / CC.

Urgh, yes. I'd love a category for "Small Decorative Items" too, EA has the nasty habit of dumping everything under Misc Decor.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 10:17 AM
Haven't come across an Error 12 after switching to 8GB of RAM (inb4 game refuses to save anymore after this comment). I wouldn't even consider playing on a lower resolution or reducing detail to the point of everything looking floodfilled, with no detail at all. I know some prioritize gameplay over looks, but at that point the lower-than-144p quality would seriously deter me from playing.

Sorry for not clear clarifying. I mean when you save game and get error 12 you can click OK and that will allow you to lower resolution / edge smoothing / high details lot.
Why only these 3 ? 1.because these 3 settings don't need game restart to change effect and 2.these 3 settings consume large amount of VRAM (video memory) which is part of virtual memory that TS3 can use only 4GB.

So after you can save your game and open it again you can increase those 3 settings and enjoy good graphics again.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 10:33 AM
Interestingly enough, I seem to get the "Sims 3 has stopped working" one instead.

I've had a few Error 12s in the past but going to Map Mode always reduced the memory usage sufficiently to save. I would never go so far as to reduce my graphics settings to be able to save. I would never go so far as to reduce my graphics settings, period.

insert signature here
Scholar
#24 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 1:34 PM
Returning to Sims 3 and I can't find all of my totally awesome cc.
Site Helper
#25 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
I wished I could've avoided awesomemod and still got rid of automated school assingments though it was the only Mod that had that feature so I ended up having to use it anyways and now I can't play without having my game loaded with over 700 Mod files and it still is way too fast and I have trouble getting my pictures sometimes if I forget to pause often eough.

I still fumble around with it, but I saw something in NRAAS Story Progression involving automatic school assignments. If you want to uninstall Awesomemod and try that instead, @ igazor or @barbarat could probably walk you through the setup.

(Or you could just do what I do and poke around in all of the menus to see if there is anything there that looks like it might handle what I'm looking for.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Page 1 of 3