Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 6:44 PM
Default Has anyone found the resource files for walls and floors?
Might be a stupid question, but I have been up since 6 am looking all through SimPe, even booted up regedit, anything and everything I could possibly think of (while sorely sleep and nicotine deprived) trying to find a way to recolor the floors and walls. I could make 50 million recolors for the sims themselves, but they're still stuck with the same ol' lame walls, and 2 whole carpet choices!!

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]There are those that do, those that teach and those that merely dream.[/COLOR]
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 12:31 AM
Been waiting since release to hear word of that. This is the only place on the entire Internet I've even heard mention of wall/floor recolors.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 12:49 AM
Have you tried asking at the EA modding forums? http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/cat...-custom-content

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 1:35 PM
Yeah!! I found img files... but like a two year old with a tennis racket, not quite sure what to do with them now, other than swing them around madly (all guys make sure you're wearing a cup!)

Export, edit , import... nada

Export, edit, replace... nada

(realized I forgot to do a back-up first <beats self with racket multiple times> uninstalled, reinstalled.... trying again weeee!!!! *DUCK*)

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]There are those that do, those that teach and those that merely dream.[/COLOR]
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 2:03 PM
Yeah I just saw your post over there =) C+P: "So far hasn't worked just editing and reimporting with S4PE or replacing [..] One of the walls is under fullbuild08 - IMG 00B2D882 0x00000 433DEC8DEABF99B9"

Last I heard, S4PE does not read _IMG yet =/ and the current version is also a bit buggy. But it’s good to know where to start looking once the tools get working again, so, thanks for that! =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 8:18 PM
Well not to give up hope for being prepared when S4PE can read IMG files, I was going through trying to find all the walls and floors that I can currently see and extract (making a little self-catalog of what's what) when I came across this one. I haven't seen it anywhere in my game though, since I'm also entirely stubborn and was still trying to mess with it hoping against hope that maybe I missed a step someplace in exporting or importing it. It's under fullbuild08... IMG file instance 584D8D6FF12D10A. If it is a hidden file well that might also explain why even after trying the steps again to export/import I was given a big ol' raspberry from my computer.
Attached Images

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 10:26 PM
And sometimes you find really cute things... wonder which developer this was directed at???
Attached Images

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 2:13 AM
alright found the first wall that I posted... but haha, found another one this time I checked multiple times and everywhere I could think of so yep it's not available, which is kind of a shame I really like this one.
Attached Images

Test Subject
#9 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 7:41 PM
Hi there,
Anybody remembers the floor and the image/picture tools Ea had released for Sims 2? Those tools were quite easy to use and helped to create new wall and floor textures one could use in addition. Also enabling real art works to be placed for the Sim homes. As usual, the Sims creators have such bad taste!!!
Test Subject
#10 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 9:56 PM
I'm really glad someone is looking into this - thank you! Now I know where to go to get my recolors set up for when the tools catch up. I have a lot of carpet and wall ideas so I'm very excited to see developments in this area.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 10:03 PM
Lol, yeah told my DH last night I should have gone to college for computer programming rather than English lit... Pfft... English who uses that anymore, what was I thinking.

Stupid people are stupid
#12 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kufstein
Hi there,
Anybody remembers the floor and the image/picture tools Ea had released for Sims 2? Those tools were quite easy to use and helped to create new wall and floor textures one could use in addition. Also enabling real art works to be placed for the Sim homes. As usual, the Sims creators have such bad taste!!!

You mean Homecrafter. I've been asking the guru's about that on Twitter, but they don't reply. I really would like a program like that for recolouring walls and floors again.
Test Subject
#13 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AngelFrouk
You mean Homecrafter. I've been asking the guru's about that on Twitter, but they don't reply. I really would like a program like that for recolouring walls and floors again.

Thank you! Just discovered your post. Homecrafter it was, such an easy way for recoloring walls and floors, but nada... The Ea stuff is quite disappointing!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:57 PM
Patiently waiting a break through in this area as well. I'm not much for creating CAS items unless it's shoes, but textures...yum.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#15 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 3:53 PM
Progress! Check out the uploads by http://modthesims.info/member/Snaitf and also the tutorial posts he made.

Test Subject
#16 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 4:03 PM
Not seeing tutorial posts and been clicking around trying to find them...can we have a link to the tutorials post(s)? or are they under the comments section for the downloads? guess I shall read them ALL
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#17 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 5:12 PM
Tutorials are in Tutorials forum. Also linked in sticky in said forum.

Also, Inge just made S4PE dlls for walls/floors/terrains available. See sticky w/ link in Modding Discussion.

Test Subject
#18 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 6:08 PM Last edited by WooTi : 9th Oct 2014 at 6:20 PM.
Default Modding Tutorials
Thanks, Plasticbox, found the page sticky you made...I suppose I was confused by trying to find tutorials thru his profile...where it says Snaitf has no tutorials...

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#19 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 6:20 PM
Oh those list some other tutorial format I don't quite remember .. only old tutorials will be listed there I believe. For the new and shiny stuff, refer to the Tutorials forum.