Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 6:36 PM
Rooms open to below
I believe this is a bug. In the first image below, I have created an "open to below" style room on a second level. As long as I leave the wall up, it works appropriately. As soon as I demolish the wall or put the railing up, as seen in the second image, the roof lines "leak" into the house. The railing is correctly creating a room, but not handling the roof properly. Is there any way around this??
Screenshots
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 7:10 PM
Moving to Create > Building.

I think you'd have to create your roofs in such a fashion that they don't *have* eaves on the wall side .. unfortunately, the eaves can only be adjusted on some sides; the "V" side of a gable roof isn't among them I think.
In any case, roofs on a top level hiding roofs below doesnt work in TS4 like you're used to from 2 and 3.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#3 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 2:45 AM
Try adding the "flat room" to the space you want your hole to be, then clicking the floor of that room and selecting remove floor. Maybe it was a bug and wasn't supposed to work that way, but that let me create a "room" without walls or a floor, just a hole in the middle. Then the roof should be on top of that "room". Let me know if that works for ya.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 2:05 PM
I made a roof by just dragging the roof parts straight across. I had the same thing happening quite a few times, but ended up with just using the square rooms tool, not the wall tool. You just have to make sure the game reads it as one room, not to be poked through.