Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 3:41 PM
Default Hole in house? WTF???
Yesterday I made a dingy, "fixer-upper" type house. I came back to it this a.m. and found that a huge hole has formed in the kitchen, and you can see straight down to the grass below. WTF? How did this happen? How do I fix it?
Screenshots

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

My Sims 4 blog: Veil's Utopia House Challenge Blog
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 3:43 PM
Try making a room around that hole and then shifting the foundation height all the way down and up again?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Try making a room around that hole and then shifting the foundation height all the way down and up again?

Thank you; that seems to have worked. But I still have no idea how it happened!

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

My Sims 4 blog: Veil's Utopia House Challenge Blog
Field Researcher
#4 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 12:18 AM
…Sims4 native sinkholes ?
Test Subject
#5 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by veil
Thank you; that seems to have worked. But I still have no idea how it happened!

Maybe you used the sledgehammer tool and hit that ground accidentally
Field Researcher
#6 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 3:59 AM
Actually that's something I'd love to know how to create intentionally ..

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#7 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 4:07 AM
If you want a hole like that: place a small room, delete the floor in that room, remove walls.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.