Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#676 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 7:47 PM
War and peace. My school yard chums mock me for it but hey ho
Advertisement
Inventor
#677 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 9:34 AM
I'm reading IT by Stephen King, and I'm not enjoying it. In fact, I don't think I even want to finish it. I like his movies, his books not so much.
Instructor
#678 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 9:42 PM
The Waste Lands, which is the 3rd book in the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. I really, really like these books. It's a while since I've read something that really catches me.
Mad Poster
#679 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 4:17 AM
Reading 4 books for some unknown reason - The Chemistry of Tears by Peter Carey, Adrian Mole the Prostrate Years by Sue Townsend, What Language Is by John McWhorter and rereading The Philosophy of Andy Warhol (From A to B and Back Again).
Field Researcher
#680 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 10:30 AM
I'm reading "Fairest" by Gail Carson Levine... I love fairytale retellings...

Hope, it is the only thing stronger than fear. A little hope is effective, alot of hope is dangerous.- President Snow
Test Subject
#681 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 1:38 AM
None but I plan on starting 3 very soon.
  • The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  • Room by Emma Donoghue
  • Fifty Shades of Grey by E. L. James/Erika Mitchell
Instructor
#682 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 10:38 AM
Quote:
Fifty Shades of Grey
Beware!

I'm reading Scat by Carl Hiaasen, A Gathering Light by Jennifer Donnelly and The Last Days of Henry VIII by Robert Hutchinson. All good books.
Mad Poster
#683 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeLoure
I finished reading Fifty Shades of Grey Sunday night. Horrible, horrible book. And being the masochist that I am, I just started reading the second one. Fifty Shades Darker.

I tried to read this then I remembered why I gave up on the genre long time ago. They all seem to be the same, the girl is a clueless virgin and the guy is some rich womaniser that somehow falls madly in love and it all ends with they lived happily ever after.
Test Subject
#684 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 3:17 PM
The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling! :D
Theorist
#685 Old 27th Sep 2012 at 4:28 PM
J.R.R. Tolkien's History of Middle-Earth and The Hobbit. Tolkien is quite an artist...
Test Subject
#686 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 5:56 AM
The third book in the series, Tomorrow when the war began
Test Subject
#687 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 6:37 AM
Default :d
LOTR- The Return of the King- and war is imminent!!
Test Subject
#688 Old 9th Oct 2012 at 6:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
J.R.R. Tolkien's History of Middle-Earth and The Hobbit. Tolkien is quite an artist...

Just got the Silmarillion
Mad Poster
#689 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 8:50 PM Last edited by RoseCity : 20th Nov 2012 at 5:47 PM.
Room by Emma Donaghue

11/19 - Dead Stars by Bruce Wagner
11/20 - The Elephant to Hollywood - Michael Caine
Instructor
#690 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 12:17 AM
Reading harry potter for umpteenth time
Test Subject
#691 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 12:25 AM
Lord of the Flies :P
Good book, hah
Alchemist
#692 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 9:01 PM
My best friend recommended "Lolita", by Vladimir Nabokov, so that's what I'll be reading this weekend.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Test Subject
#693 Old 22nd Nov 2012 at 10:36 AM
I'm currently re-reading the hobbit in time for the movie coming out next month :D
Mad Poster
#694 Old 23rd Nov 2012 at 12:49 PM
I'm reading some Star Trek novel. I think it's "Masks" or something like that

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Mad Poster
#695 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 4:45 PM Last edited by RoseCity : 17th Nov 2014 at 3:17 AM.
The Wings of the Dove - Henry James (God, I hated this book.)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#696 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 5:39 PM
I set China Meiville's The City and The City as my "currently reading" book on Goodreads a couple of days ago. I haven't actually picked it up, though. I read King Rat and hated it, have been assured by someone who knows me very well that The City and The City is very different and I'll like it... but I keep picking it up, and thinking "Nyeh, I'll sew instead today"...

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#697 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
I set China Meiville's The City and The City as my "currently reading" book on Goodreads a couple of days ago. I haven't actually picked it up, though. I read King Rat and hated it, have been assured by someone who knows me very well that The City and The City is very different and I'll like it... but I keep picking it up, and thinking "Nyeh, I'll sew instead today"...

It is pretty different, but obviously I have no idea if you'll like it or not :-P

I'm currently reading The Edge of the World by Kevin Anderson. It's enjoyable so far :-)
Mad Poster
#698 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 1:21 AM
I Been in Sorrow's Kitchen and Licked Out All the Pots by Susan Straight.
Rubric Wrangler
#699 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 2:49 AM
Just picked up a new stack from my dad's books (I love having a dad who's an English lit nut), after finishing The Invention of Curried Sausage by Uwe Timm. Got Any Known Blood, Lawrence Hill; The Great Gatsby, F. Scott Fitzgerald; The Quiet American, Graham Greene; My Left Foot, Christy Brown; The Grapes of Wrath, John Steinbeck; and Of Mice and Men, also Steinbeck. I'm going to start on "Gatsby" first.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Theorist
#700 Old 20th Dec 2012 at 2:55 AM
Wishing for Tomorrow by Hilary McKay, which is a sequel (unofficial, written after the copyright expired, not starring Sarah Crewe) to A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I was largely disappointed in it the first time around, but for some reason am compelled to read it again... it's not that bad really. It's just not the original.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Page 28 of 41