Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 9:02 PM
Default I love the sims, but is it worth the headache anymore?
I just played the Sims 4 the other day, no problems other than the usual bullshit (mods deleting themselves, that's always fun, random glitches and game errors, etc). I open origin, login, no updates for once thank god (origin breaks for me every time there is a new update, i have to uninstall and reinstall, that's always fun too!), I click play, then it says error, your video card isn't good enough or some bogus shit. I have a high end video card thank you very much. My specs well exceed the recommended, I bought this computer for the purpose of not having issues while gaming. Why all of a sudden is there an error like this with my video card? Everything is up to date and no updates have even occurred since the last time I played. EA is starting to piss me the f* off. It doesn't seem worth it anymore, even though I very much enjoy the game. There are errors constantly when I try to play, update, repair, etc. I've done everything under the sun to fix it, it's just EA and their damn programming. IT SUCKS. I can't believe these people are still in business. I see why people torrent the games, GOOD FOR THEM. I'm the a**hole that keeps spending money on them, not anymore.

Anyone else want to vent, go ahead, EA doesn't give a damn about us.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 1:25 AM
Well, one silver lining is that EA is either going to have to START giving a damn about us or they won't have shit to fall back on. The lootbox fiasco lost them billions and y'know, it may be a shitty thing to say but...good. Screw 'em. If ever a video game company needed some humbling and a reality check it's EA.

Here's hoping something good comes from it.

smash that disagree button fam, red's my favorite color
dodgy builder
#3 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 10:44 AM
It's been examples of companies going banqrupt for not being able to listen to their consumers. Even big one's.
Scholar
#4 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 11:26 AM
I've installed my Origin account and TS4 on dozens of my PCs, and i've had none of those problems other than in-game bugs you mention.

If you upgraded your video card after you installed TS4, it will give you the error a few times because it's trying to detect something that is no longer there.

If you haven't played in a while, origin cache files can become corrupt and out-of-date causing dozens of issues.

go into your C:\ProgramData\Origin folder and delete the entire folder

or if you can't see it then deletel C:\Users\All Users\Origin\ folder over there.
Test Subject
#5 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spotlight-shure
I just played the Sims 4 the other day, no problems other than the usual bullshit (mods deleting themselves, that's always fun, random glitches and game errors, etc). I open origin, login, no updates for once thank god (origin breaks for me every time there is a new update, i have to uninstall and reinstall, that's always fun too!), I click play, then it says error, your video card isn't good enough or some bogus shit. I have a high end video card thank you very much. My specs well exceed the recommended, I bought this computer for the purpose of not having issues while gaming. Why all of a sudden is there an error like this with my video card? Everything is up to date and no updates have even occurred since the last time I played. EA is starting to piss me the f* off. It doesn't seem worth it anymore, even though I very much enjoy the game. There are errors constantly when I try to play, update, repair, etc. I've done everything under the sun to fix it, it's just EA and their damn programming. IT SUCKS. I can't believe these people are still in business. I see why people torrent the games, GOOD FOR THEM. I'm the a**hole that keeps spending money on them, not anymore.

Anyone else want to vent, go ahead, EA doesn't give a damn about us.

Admittedly I only paid for half of what I got out of TS2. I bought some packs and the rest were bootleg and that game ran the best. For me TS3 was a disaster to run on my computer so I said ok I'll buy 4 since I felt in the beginning I thought it had the makings to be just as good as 2, but I'm seriously offended at how they treat this game now that I am giving them my money. TS2 was one pack away from being done when I started playing it and I came in on the last year of TS3 and even then at every turn there were new EPs every other month and that TS3 store so it was consistently something always happening with that game as well. EA is pissing me off with all of this dead air for months and crappy patches with those idiot Gurus and their attempts at comedy in the patch notes. Whenever they do grace us with their presence, it's just a whole lot of nuthin. They add an emotions system and this game still has no heart and soul like it did in the past. How do you add Christmas stuff and eff up a bunch of objects and not notice that before you release the patch. If they don't care anymore, sell the franchise to somebody who will revive it and invest in it properly. The concept of Pets being chopped down to just Cats & Dogs with minimal added for dogs was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I won't be buying anything else in the future unless it's marked down to half price or if I win it in one the millions of giveaways I see on Tumblr.

My biggest vice concerning this game is being able to use the mod to play more than 8 Sims per household, and even if nobody has solved the mystery of how to achieve more than 8 in CAS like they did for the other two games, I found a way to work around that and was satisfied UNTIL they implemented that ridiculous shit where the household photos show up during the save. Since they added that after Parenthood, some households crash during save if I have more than 10 Sims in the house. They'd done alot of fuckery in the past 3 years but that right there was the main dealbreaker for me. I have apartments and hotels in my game and like to play multiple Sims in a household so now that I have to be careful of that, I don't even have the energy some days to turn the game on. The mods are only reason I play when I do but having to tip toe around the gameplay I got accustomed to has ended any money they'll receive from me after Cats and Dogs. They can't even be bothered to outline what they have coming in the next year...we're just sitting here knowing about nothing but laundry and we don't even know for sure when that's coming.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 3:35 AM Last edited by GrumpySuzy : 20th Dec 2017 at 3:59 AM.
I had same video card error, my laptop suddenly forgot we had a better NVIDIA card after the recent Windows 10 update, so its probably not because of Origin. After I downloaded the NVIDIA Experience Suite and updated I no longer had that error. Also the Pets patch broke many gameplay mods, comfort, surfaces, CAS items so its best to remove all gameplay mods first and redownloaded the updated version, as for objects, you need to run Sims 4 Studio batch fixes, I remember the mods maintenance routine was the same when I played TS3, just with less support tool like Sims 4 Studio. EA no longer updates/fixes anything of TS3 so it seems more stable but things broken after patches is something you have to come to term with with a series that run for years and has many addons like The Sims. I wish EA could be more cooperative with the mods community though because sometimes they did not even bother to add critical technical details to patch notes, like they suddenly changed more than 90 tuning IDs during the post-Pets patch when most cc creators just finished fixing bugs of the Pets patch and those objects needed to be fixed again smh...
But its worth the headache for me I guess cuz I am still playing
Scholar
#7 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 8:08 PM
maybe try another sims game?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr