Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#926 Old 3rd May 2017 at 1:29 PM
Thanks, guys I probably wont be uploading the lot, Justpetro. I'll think about it, but it does have more cc that I usually like to use in lot uploads. The fence may not ever be uploaded either, because it's super high poly. (3330 for a straight section, 4440 for diagonal)
Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#927 Old 3rd May 2017 at 1:39 PM
Absolutely gorgeous, jones!

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Instructor
#928 Old 3rd May 2017 at 1:53 PM
Very aesthetically pleasing house. Bravo!
Nice ambience, although I wish the floors were a different shade.

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Mad Poster
#929 Old 3rd May 2017 at 4:54 PM
This round isn't over yet, is it? We're still missing a few entries...

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#930 Old 3rd May 2017 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by justJones
The fence may not ever be uploaded either, because it's super high poly. (3330 for a straight section, 4440 for diagonal)
Send me the fence and I'll see if I can't bring the mesh down. That fence is way too cool not to upload.
Mad Poster
#931 Old 3rd May 2017 at 5:05 PM
A toast! To Phaenoh

Looks as if some of the judges may need a drink Cat, I have a beautiful orange cocktail just for you.
Mad Poster
#932 Old 3rd May 2017 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
This round isn't over yet, is it? We're still missing a few entries...

It just shows that most of us are chompin' at the bit to see that next foundation.

And when this contest is long over, I see a whole bunch of polite WCIFs in my future. I don't think I could stage them nearly as well, though, but I could give it a try! Oh, and some shiny new lots for downloading. There are so many here!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#933 Old 3rd May 2017 at 7:06 PM
How many special cocktails will it take to upload that lot, @justJones? We will worry about the cc and our download folders
Lab Assistant
#934 Old 3rd May 2017 at 7:19 PM
Oh, okay. It's not 1 day and a few hours it's 4 days and some hours. Okay... *sits at the bar drinking fermented juice trying to sing in tune*
Mad Poster
#935 Old 3rd May 2017 at 7:45 PM Last edited by gazania : 3rd May 2017 at 8:32 PM.
I stay in tune ... 80% of the time. But when I go off-key, I don't kid around! I sound like a tortured cat. I'll join ya at the fermented juice bar ... provided I don't see still ANOTHER thing I missed in my lot. If I keep this up, FRAPS and Imgur are going to send me nastygrams. The good news, I guess, is that I'm noticing much smaller details. No fences with huge gaps underneath now!

I also still need to work on my treehouse palace. I think it's more the style of a mansion at this time, but I don't think the rest of the family would like living in a four room thatched cottage. Well ... before it was four tents, so I think I'm getting somewhere.

Oh, and if I get the Elliots ... those gardens! While I could claim that having extensive gardens may be too expensive for the first family, and not a good idea for the second one with those digging dogs (and boy, did my dogs enjoy digging in this round), the Elliot family is not going to get a similar free pass. I think I've done more landscaping with my two lots than I've done in my previous three builds, which is probably not saying very much!

Theorist
#936 Old 3rd May 2017 at 8:01 PM
Just want to say how awesome all of the entries have been thus far - really enjoying seeing/clicking love on all your lots.

Justpetro, every time I see one of your post about cocktails, I'm like "Time for a drink. Shall it be a margarita or just a glass of wine?" Then, reality sets in and I realize that I'm still at the office/work (which is where I do most of my forum browsing), and day drinking while at your desk (even if you can get up and close the door) might be frowned upon.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#937 Old 3rd May 2017 at 8:13 PM
I've got a couple of playalongs if that's okay I'm not expecting to be added to the table. I only discovered the contest after the second round had begun, but I've built both rounds. I'll do them as two posts so they don't get mixed up.

Round 1 - the Walters.
"Econocool" Refrigerator, Stove, Counter, Double bed, Toilet, Shower or bath, somewhere to sit, Phone, Smoke alarm, Nursery.
Note: Although it is CC free aside from these, I didn't remove my curtain defaults since I'm not actually in the challenge and so I just decided to build directly in my normal hood with CC turned off.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#938 Old 3rd May 2017 at 8:30 PM
Round 2 - Evans

3x workout areas, Pool, "Measure of a Sim" statue.

Despite my unwillingness to take out my defaults, I found for this house that I have some piece of CC which must override the measure of a sim... so I was forced to import the house into a blank game anyway!

Theorist
#939 Old 3rd May 2017 at 10:18 PM Last edited by Essa : 4th May 2017 at 6:54 PM. Reason: To fit the rules :-)
Default Essa - Play along - The Rodney household
No CC

This couple love to entertain out by the pool, fire up the barbie and relax with a cold one.
Requires At least 3 items from under the party tab. A pool, BBQ and barbeque eating area.
Wants A living room large enough to dance in with a stereo.

Disclaimer : it seems that I overlooked the large enough living room and misunderstood the pool thing (I though about swimming while it was about gaming )

Mad Poster
#940 Old 3rd May 2017 at 10:22 PM
I think it does mean swimming. Entertaining by the pool - not by the pool TABLE! I think you're good.

Lab Assistant
#941 Old 3rd May 2017 at 10:22 PM
Awesome~ Look at all the wonderful builds and Yay for more! :lovestruc
Theorist
#942 Old 3rd May 2017 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
@Essa - try the fermented juice bar for inspiration

@Justpetro
Thanks for the drink. I tried to do my best but I don't think I was successful. I'm not a builder after all.
I'd also like a glass of champagne. I recently got my motorbike license and I haven't celebrate yet.

ETA
@simsfreq
Well my entry lacks two objects from the party tab. I'm not sure I'll have time to fix it by tomorrow. I should go to bed now.
Toaster Strudel Addict
retired moderator
#943 Old 3rd May 2017 at 10:35 PM
Thank you all!

@Emperor Crat, assuming you were talking to me, I went with those floors because I wanted them to look like they could be reclaimed wood. I realize you could stain reclaimed wood and it would look better, but then it wouldn't be so obviously reclaimed, lol.

I've shipped the fence off to Phae for poking

We'll see about uploading the lot. It's not your downloads folders I'm worried about, @Justpetro...it's my laziness at having to track down all the links :P
Mad Poster
#944 Old 3rd May 2017 at 10:42 PM
Thank you, justJones It is truly a really, really pretty lot.

Huge congrats to @Essa Bottle of South African sparkling wine coming up just for you.
Screenshots
Instructor
#945 Old 4th May 2017 at 4:38 AM
Default Round 2 - The Rhodes - No CC

A CC free home for the Rhodes, including a studio with tons of natural light and shelves filled with knick-knacks picked up at flea markets. The loveseat and endtable were a collaborative creation by the Rhodes, while they used odds and ends of wallpaper for the living room walls. The Rhodes' creations decorate the walls as well. And of course the fruit & veggie garden out back, along with a flower garden (including the pink flamingo).

Mad Poster
#946 Old 4th May 2017 at 5:06 AM
Of all the family interpretations, the Rhodes family is probably the most varied here. I've met couples like the Rhodes in this entry.

And I never, never thought of using the nook as a loveseat! Duh!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#947 Old 4th May 2017 at 5:33 AM
@gazania that's what I did on mine, made it into a love seat. Forget what page I posted it on now.

@simsfreq Thanks for your play along.
Round 1 - the Walters

Round 2 - Evans

@Essa Thanks for your play along and the nice clear title.

@Mordant17 thanks for your entry and nice clear title.

@gdayars has her entry but is having some major storms. Hope things settle and you can get it in tomorrow.

*_Drew~ I have not heard from.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#948 Old 4th May 2017 at 2:24 PM
So you did, joandsarah77, so you did. I just went back to look at your lot. It's definite an idea I can steal ... err ... borrow next time if there are any more nooks in our future. Nice lot, by the way! It shows another fascinating side of this hippie couple. I almost wish I rolled this family.

And anyone else who used the nook as a loveseat/alcove ... great idea! I've been looking through all these pictures, sometimes two or three times over, and I can't believe I missed it!

Theorist
#949 Old 4th May 2017 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@Essa Thanks for your play along and the nice clear title.

@joandsarah77
You're welcome. Since I have time (left work sooner than I thought) I'll rework my entry. I'll make you know once I'll get the new pictures.
Mad Poster
#950 Old 4th May 2017 at 4:52 PM
The suspense of whether gdayars and ~Drew will be able to meet the deadline is mounting.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)

Page 38 of 106