Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 9:12 PM
Neighbors visiting my household A LOT?
I've noticed recently that my neighbors, specifically my one Sim's good friend and girlfriend really love to visit my household. Multiple times a day I see one of them knocking on my door. It's a little creepy sometimes... Has anyone else noticed this?

It could just be me. But sometimes it's really weird!

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 9:14 PM
It's not you.

Sims in TS4 are kind of stalker-ish. I hope they'll do a mode to stop them coming every day, ten times per day. It's really annoying.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 9:15 PM
If you stay at home yea, they visit often. And You will discover that your entire neighborhood is inhabited by brain-dead zombies. When you waltz right by them to go to work or heck.. tend your garden in front of their faces.. they continue knocking like buffoons.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 9:22 PM
^ Actually there is this time my sim passed in front of the door and the sim stalking me was annoyed (exactly like when they're in a dirty room). That was really funny.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 9:28 PM
I've noticed that too.. they tend to do it when there are puddles left from gardening. I think they are saying
"Hey pal! we agree'd that there would be no swimming pools.. what are you doing huhhh???"
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 9:59 PM
Thank you for an answer why my sims always have thought bubbles of garbage outside, the puddles from gardening. I was going crazy looking for...ahem...garbage.

Yeah, stalker mentally in this game, I want to thrash them for coming to the door 3 times a day, even the family. They just left, why on sim earth are you back 10 mins later?

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Theorist
#7 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 10:03 PM
The reason for it is because they are both your friends and your neighbors. They wouldn't visit you if they lived in a different block.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 10:07 PM
The main family that I am playing live in Oasis Springs. The Mom and her boyfriend live in Willow Creek. It doesn't matter, they visit, visit, visit.

What's weirder, I leave a household sleeping, save the game and exit. When I open up for my next game play, the neighbors across the street are in front of the house, talking to my suppose to be sleeping sim, is the game moving along while it's off? That always seems creepy to me.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#10 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 11:08 PM
It's even creepier if you somehow accidentally placed your front door backwards. Then they enter your sim's house and stand around, multiple times a day. Probably go in the bathroom and take hair samples from the hairbrush too.

One day last week I was playing and a neighbor came back three times to knock on the door and wait. My sim was sitting on the couch directly across from the front door, watching tv. I wanted to turn off all the lights in the house, have the sim sit motionless and whisper, "Nobody home!"
Forum Resident
#11 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 11:34 PM
It seems that if sims don't have a job they'll show up at your sims' houses every day. But the story progression system the game has in place doesn't allow sims that don't already have jobs to find jobs so unless you play that household or kill them off they'll just keep showing up forever and ever...
Alchemist
#12 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DaniCast
I'm frustrated. I'm not getting constant visits, not even from my sims lovers.

Stop using so much garlic.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Megido
It seems that if sims don't have a job they'll show up at your sims' houses every day. But the story progression system the game has in place doesn't allow sims that don't already have jobs to find jobs so unless you play that household or kill them off they'll just keep showing up forever and ever...

Thank you for solving my stalker problem!

I will give the repeat offenders a job. Guess I'm too used to having Twallan fix this sort of problem for me
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 12:54 AM
I don't mind. You don't have to answer the door They're thankfully not blocking foot-traffic anymore, in this version of the game.
Instructor
#15 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Megido

The offenders in my game have day jobs. They still take breaks from work to knock on the door and wait outside three times a day. If a mod ever fixes this I hope it's called "She's/He's just not that into you".
Scholar
#16 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 1:54 AM
This random ass guy in a sombrero keeps stalking my sims for no apparent reason.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
If you love Fallout and literacy, you'll ABSOLUTELY love my roleplay group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/127063690973781/
Field Researcher
#17 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 4:34 AM
Now I ignore them. I have a particular neighbor who come to visit my family 3 times a day.
Inventor
#18 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 5:05 AM
I'm glad that it's not just me having that kind of "stalker" problem. When my sim's friend keep visiting up to three times a day (even when my sim wasn't around) I just thought "wtf?" - Now I just ignore that sim but it's annoying to have her around all the time.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 7:27 AM
Waiting for a mod to fix this.. it's even creepier when friends that come over are very often in their pj's, and some of them only wear underwear when they sleep....
Alchemist
#20 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 8:55 AM
About 2-3 family friends visit my house daily, often I don't even hear them knocking or ringing a door bell, I just see them standing right outside my door ..
Mad Poster
#21 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 9:02 AM
it's a change from where in ts3, nobody ever visited your randomly usually
Field Researcher
#22 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:15 AM
I've been combing through the xmls myself in hopes of solving this greedy neighbors needy neighbors thing but alas not much luck so far. I guess we'll have to leave it to the pros.
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xBabyKingx
Waiting for a mod to fix this.. it's even creepier when friends that come over are very often in their pj's, and some of them only wear underwear when they sleep....

I've had this too. I was like "What the hell?" when my neighbor knocked on the door wearing her lingerie.

The Sims 4! Weirder Sims! Aren't they weird!? Look how weird they are! Bet you can't wait to see how weird their stories are!?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MarcyRoars
I've had this too. I was like "What the hell?" when my neighbor knocked on the door wearing her lingerie.

Candy-gram!
Forum Resident
#25 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 2:50 PM
3 times is a little excessive but it's still nice that neighbors, friends and lovers can do that. I don't ever recall my sims ever getting random visits from other sims in TS3 other than when my sims first starts in the neighborhood, you get that message "some neighbors are here to welcome you" or whatever that was. Maybe this was just a problem for me though.
Page 1 of 2