Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Dec 2016 at 11:11 PM
Default CC Magic
I keep having issues with CC Magic..
So, I started having issues with CC Magic after downloading a few CC.. And then I went and deleted all of my CC in the program, and downloaded some new CC.. And put in the program.. And I don't know if it's the legacy folder.. if I move Nraas from the default folder to the Legacy folder, it still won't work.. I don't know why it won't work
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 21st Dec 2016 at 4:06 AM
I would need a bit more info. Can you post a screenshot of where your CC and mods are currently residing?
What is not working? CCMagic not opening? Crashing. Mods not working? What patch are you on? Have you used CCMagic for a while and it was working?

Here is a tutorial in case you are just starting out with CCMagic. https://nonasims.wordpress.com/?s=CC+Magic
#3 Old 21st Dec 2016 at 5:17 AM
Every time I've ever loaded CC Magic I've only been able to run it once. If I want to run it again, I have to uninstall and reinstall.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Dec 2016 at 8:50 PM
I've used CC Magic for a while so it's not anything new for me. When I load my game, I get a message stating that I have installed an unofficial game modification?? That doesn't match with my current version of the Sims 3. And that they recommend, that I either uninstall the game modification, or get an updated version. Or else I risk that my game crashes, or my game gets serious damage. And I've gotten that message before, and I fixed it. But now it's there again. The last time, I have no idea what I did right. I just deleted Nraas and put it back in, and it was in the legacy folder without me moving it there from the default folder. I don't know it that is the issue. Maybe that I can't move Nraas from deafult to legacy, but that Nraas has to be in the folder from the beginning. I don't know if what I said makes any sense.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 23rd Dec 2016 at 9:18 PM Last edited by barbarat : 23rd Dec 2016 at 9:35 PM. Reason: Corrected Link
Could you provide a screenshot showing where your files are as @310175 requested and let us know what patch you are on? NRaas mods should not be causing crashes, that is unless you have outdated mods and modules not matching the base mod, or core mods if you have 1.69. We really need to know the patch number so we know what to rule out.

There is more information and steps that might help you in the Incompatible Game Modification Help document

Edit: It would also help if you could let us know where you installed the game from: Steam, Origin?
Are you using any core mods? The most common are: NRaas ErrorTrap - AwesomeMod - CMarNYC's XCAS - Consort's 2X Weight&Fitness.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Dec 2016 at 12:00 AM
My patch number is 67. And my Nraas are not outdated. I double checked yesterday. I have Nraas Register, Overwatch, Mastercontroller, mastercontroller cheat and error trap. And I don't know how to show you a screenshot of my program
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 25th Dec 2016 at 4:34 PM Last edited by barbarat : 25th Dec 2016 at 4:38 PM. Reason: Added Question Windows Version
Quote: Originally posted by AnnaxSims
My patch number is 67. And my Nraas are not outdated. I double checked yesterday. I have Nraas Register, Overwatch, Mastercontroller, mastercontroller cheat and error trap. And I don't know how to show you a screenshot of my program

Thanks for identifying your patch. I was thinking if you got stuck with 1.69 that very well could have been the reason you are having problems with CC magic.

For posting pictures there is a tutorial here: How To Post Pictures . I am sorry I can't be more help but I do not use CC Magic but other's in here do and should be able to help you better than I.

Seeing you have those NRaas mods another step you could take : Check in your game folder for any script errors generated. Those errors often pinpoint what the problem is. The folks over at NRaas can read them for you. Free Membership Required To Post. Then See How To Upload Here

Forgot to ask: What version of Windows are you using? Others have had problems with One Drive on the latest version where the files were not being read.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Jan 2017 at 6:12 AM
Thank you, but I tried putting Nraas in my Sims folder, documents/Electronic Arts/TheSims3/Mods/Packages.. and it stil doesn't work
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 3:12 AM
I've used CC Magic for a while so it's not anything new for me. When I load my game, I get a message stating that I have installed an unofficial game modification?? That doesn't match with my current version of the Sims 3. And that they recommend, that I either uninstall the game modification, or get an updated version. Or else I risk that my game crashes, or my game gets serious damage. And I've gotten that message before, and I fixed it. But now it's there again. The last time, I have no idea what I did right. I just deleted Nraas and put it back in, and it was in the legacy folder without me moving it there from the default folder. I don't know it that is the issue. Maybe that I can't move Nraas from deafult to legacy, but that Nraas has to be in the folder from the beginning. I don't know if what I said makes any sense.

I just don't quite understand what you are saying here.
The legacy folder in CCMagic IS the packages folder in your Mods folder. No moving required.
I'm not quite sure what it means about the game modification.
Does this message show up in CCMagic? Do you use CCMagic as a launcher? Is that when you get this message? How did you fix it?

Maybe you should post in the Help Forum, mainly about the game modification issue since unfortunately, I don't really know what it can mean if you are patched to the level your NRAAS and other mods are on.
Is that what crashes CCMagic?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 2:14 PM
I use CCMagic as my launcher, and that's when I get the message saying that I can screw up my game if I play it.
But a couple of days ago, I stopped putting my Nraas in CCMagic because I thought that maybe it was because of me putting Nraas in CCMagic that it didn't work. But when I put Nraas in my: Documents/Electronic Arts/TheSims3/Mods/Packages folder, it still won't work. It doesn't matter if I use CCMagic as my launcher or the Sims3 game thingy, so I think it is because of Nraas I can't play my game. But I don't know what the problem is?
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 4:07 PM
I couldn't figure CC magic out, and the help websites are gone. (Like a lot of the tutorials in the "Create" section, there are a lot of dead links)

So, I just use S3PE and group all my stuff into a much smaller number of packages.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 12:34 AM
I use CCMagic as my launcher, and that's when I get the message saying that I can screw up my game if I play it.
But a couple of days ago, I stopped putting my Nraas in CCMagic because I thought that maybe it was because of me putting Nraas in CCMagic that it didn't work. But when I put Nraas in my: Documents/Electronic Arts/TheSims3/Mods/Packages folder, it still won't work. It doesn't matter if I use CCMagic as my launcher or the Sims3 game thingy, so I think it is because of Nraas I can't play my game. But I don't know what the problem is?

When you say you put NRAAS into CCMagic, you mean you put it in the Downloads folder and then CCMagic transports them into a default set?
Yes, mods should simply be put in the packages folder. CCMagic should not be allowed to handle mods.

I don't think it's NRAAS per se although the message suggests a mod on the wrong patch level. Did you do anything else new? New install? New EP? Mixing Origin installs with Disc installs? New CC? Resource config file changed? Have you tried redownloading the framework?
I don't really know how it would affect CCMagic but it seems less a CCMagic problem but more of a general launching problem. I'm really sorry, but I don't really know much about that.
Maybe wait until someone else comes along here who know better or create a thread in the Help Section without the CCMagic header. I don't think a lot of people use it and it doesn't really seem to be the culprit.
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 12:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
I couldn't figure CC magic out, and the help websites are gone. (Like a lot of the tutorials in the "Create" section, there are a lot of dead links)

So, I just use S3PE and group all my stuff into a much smaller number of packages.

Nona's tutorials is still there: https://nonasims.wordpress.com/?s=CC+Magic

In case you ever want to try again.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 1:15 AM
Well, that's good. But the "Get Help" button in CC Magic opens a webpage http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums/index.php

Which is a dead link.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 1:53 AM
Yes, that website has been dead for years. Granthes has been retired from simming a long time now.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 11:26 AM
Hope this isn't a dead post. I don't even know if anyone is still playing TS3 much anymore not to mention also using cc magic but me. I've been holding onto the last EP forever, not being all that interested in "Into the Future". I've also been using ccmagic for a long time to run my huge amount of custom content, thank you I had already had all except "Into the Future" installed when I installed cc magic for the first time years ago. At this late point I want to add "Into the Future" to my game for completion. What is the proper order/way to install an EP if you are using CC magic? For example, do I need to remove any or all of the content or move ccmagic or anything before I install the game? In the past, I would have to remove certain items such as NRAAS stuff and some other hacks before loading a new EP and then add it back in after so that the EP didn't corrupt anything. Do I need to do that with CC magic also? If Nona's guide explained how to add an EP I must have missed it.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thnkr0917
I've been holding onto the last EP forever, not being all that interested in "Into the Future".

Theorist
#18 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Thnkr0917
What is the proper order/way to install an EP if you are using CC magic? For example, do I need to remove any or all of the content or move ccmagic or anything before I install the game? In the past, I would have to remove certain items such as NRAAS stuff and some other hacks before loading a new EP and then add it back in after so that the EP didn't corrupt anything. Do I need to do that with CC magic also? If Nona's guide explained how to add an EP I must have missed it.

It's recommended to temporarily remove all package files while adding an EP or patch. Although most of the time it wont delete the files, I remove them just in case.
Using CC magic wont change that fundamental rule in any way. I always found Granthes Custom Launcher (an older version of CC Magic) to be an easier job anyway, so I just use that instead.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 3:21 PM
I agree. Just take out your Mods folder before installing and you should be fine.
Theorist
#20 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 9:27 PM
I used to rename my TS3 folder to something else so when I installed a new EP the game would create a new TS3 folder without any mods or cc. I'd start up the game and briefly check to make sure all was working, then delete the new TS3 folder and rename the old one back to TS3.

Might have been overkill, but that way I prevented any installation issues and I never had a problem installing new packs.

BTW, I just started using CC Magic a few weeks ago and have not had any problems with it at all. Kind of surprised, actually.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 9:42 PM
Thanks guys for the information. I'm pretty sure my game wouldn't even run if I didn't use ccmagic seeing as how I have tons of custom content at this point. The content folder in my ccmagic is 18.9G and my mods folder that doesn't even get handled by ccmagic is 11.7G. Holy cow,that's the first time I actually looked at the size! Yet it runs just fine as long as I "process" my game through ccmagic first. Woo hoo for ccmagic. It is right up there with NRAAS stuff for things I simply wouldn't play the game without.
Test Subject
#22 Old 17th Sep 2017 at 7:07 PM
Mine stopped working a couple of years ago.
I noticed that CC magic didn't recognized my sims 3 folder anymore, because it is in dutch (de sims 3) not English, the sims 3.
I tried a lot of versions, also tried to look how I could direct the pathway to my folder, but didn't find much info about it.
The only solution I found was installing my sims 3 again and this time in English.