Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#3801 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 5:42 PM
I found out years ago it's actually better to sleep without a pillow. It was really hard to get used to, but you notice the benefits almost immediately. You're spine is more in alignment with your body without a pillow. If you have neck or back pain, it wouldn't hurt to try. I chose this article because it focuses on all points. https://www.snorenation.com/sleep-without-pillow/

"Nothing is what rocks dream about." - Aristotle
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3802 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 5:50 PM
A whole lot of vague phrasings in that article. "Some argue" is not an argument I buy in to, nor is "there are some medical experts who believe". Which medical experts? Based on what? Classic vague supposed-to-sound-impressive-phrasings, used when there is no real proof but you still want to make out there is. The argument of natural curve of the spine is easy to debunk. If you sleep on your side and have nothing under your head there's not going to be anything natural about the curve of your neck. Which is especially amusing since the site is called snore nation, and the absolute best position to sleep in if you snore is on your side.

Studies medicine and is allergic to fake-medicine nonsense. Not saying that sleeping without a pillow is undeniably a bad idea, just saying that article is crap because there's zero actual proof and vague references which should set off your "fake"-alert bell.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Lab Assistant
#3803 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 6:15 PM
Just trying to help Try it for yourself and see, it works. I'm one who doesn't go to the doctor, or read on articles for medical advice, I just used the article as a reference because it covered different points of info ; take it how you will. I got the advice from a friend when I was having neck pain. From personal experience, I have zero neck or back pain and sleep very well since losing my pillow.

Theorist
#3804 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 6:31 PM
Daniel is easy to deal with. I had him fire the maid then he had to do all the chores around the house.

And . . . pillow talk!! I haven't been able to figure out what type of pillows or new mattress to get for easing pain. Memory foam is the only type that sounds right, but spending money on something that doesn't help a bit, or just doesn't last at all is such a waste of money and I need multiple pillows for different problems. Oh wait, just looked up viscoelastic is memory foam. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#3805 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
Daniel is easy to deal with. I had him fire the maid then he had to do all the chores around the house.

I approve of this muchly. :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#3806 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 3:51 AM
Smart milk makes toddlers look like they suddenly turned radioactive.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3807 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 6:15 AM
Mad Poster
#3808 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 6:34 AM
Also Pauline Aspir is ridiculously adorable...uh, most of the time.

The more I look at this face, the more I think about gazing into the abyss until it gazes back. Or something like that.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Theorist
#3809 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 4:20 PM
@Rosawyn The way I see it, Daniel and many other sims, were set up by a known gang of crude humorists called Maxis. I tend to give the benefit of doubt to sims that seem to fit that gang's tactics, while teaching them a lesson to not make that mistake again and removing temptation where ever possible. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Forum Resident
#3810 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 5:35 PM
We did a screenprinting class for the teenagers here at the library. It was a lot of fun doing so many different logos to go on shirts. One of the teens even managed to do the San Antonio Spurs. My co-worker created a shirt for her New Orleans Saints. I'm simple.

I made a green plumbbob. I was even happier to see how many people knew what it was and how many were jealous of it.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Scholar
#3811 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 2:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
And . . . pillow talk!! I haven't been able to figure out what type of pillows or new mattress to get for easing pain. Memory foam is the only type that sounds right, but spending money on something that doesn't help a bit, or just doesn't last at all is such a waste of money and I need multiple pillows for different problems. Oh wait, just looked up viscoelastic is memory foam. (:

The question of pillows crops up regularly in my Chiari group, and there doesn't seem to be any consensus. Some, I think, like memory foam, but many say it makes the pain worse. There's a special wedge pillow that's supposed to be especially good, but again plenty of people say the exact opposite. It seems to be very much a personal thing - which is a real pain of another sort for those of us with chronic pain and no money. I used to really like the pillows at Crowne Plaza hotels, which aren't feather but feel like feathers, but that was before the pain got this bad and those pillows are too expensive if they don't help.

I really envy my Sims, getting comfort from being in bed, and knowing exactly which bed to buy for maximum comfort!
Mad Poster
#3812 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 3:12 AM
I wish I could get over this cold as fast as my sims get over being sick. Three weeks of coughing and still going . . .

At least I'm feeling well enough to log onto MTS.

I'm a no pillows except when I'm sick gal. My husband is a two feather pillows guy. I assume because I'm a belly sleeper and he's a back with CPAP attached sleeper.

@BlueAlien, I don't know where you are, but if you happen to have a Costco membership or have someone who will buy for you, they took back a used for a week mattress that didn't work out for my dad's bad back, even though mattresses can't be resold. I would think they'd take back a pillow, too. It'd be worth asking at least.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Instructor
#3813 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 3:17 AM
Pauline looks like Dora

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Mad Poster
#3814 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
I love it when 2 random Sims fight; let alone when they do the silly "Poke" interaction. The hobby lots seem to have these random fights the most....

Sometimes it escalates.

Lab Assistant
#3815 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 5:24 PM
Sims 2 + Pink Floyd + morning to myself + coffee and assorted sundries = perfect Friday! Woohoo!

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3816 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
The question of pillows crops up regularly in my Chiari group, and there doesn't seem to be any consensus. Some, I think, like memory foam, but many say it makes the pain worse. There's a special wedge pillow that's supposed to be especially good, but again plenty of people say the exact opposite. It seems to be very much a personal thing - which is a real pain of another sort for those of us with chronic pain and no money. I used to really like the pillows at Crowne Plaza hotels, which aren't feather but feel like feathers, but that was before the pain got this bad and those pillows are too expensive if they don't help.

I think you're right there. I love my memory foam pillow (and my memory foam bed for that matter) but it doesn't suit everyone and they're expensive.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#3817 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by blueskii55
Sims 2 + Pink Floyd + morning to myself + coffee and assorted sundries = perfect Friday! Woohoo!
I approve this message!

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#3818 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 4:40 AM
Mad Poster
#3819 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 7:29 AM
Imagine never having to ask yourself, "Do they like me?" because everyone who did would be doing the "ssssss!" or "call me" thing at you every time they saw you and those who didn't would be pretending to barf. I mean, sure that would probably get old pretty fast, but still...you'd never have to wonder!
Mad Poster
#3820 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 2:30 AM
More fun with face sliders.

Field Researcher
#3821 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
More fun with face sliders.

It's Gonzo!
Top Secret Researcher
#3822 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 8:04 AM
While browsing downloads for open recolourable stairs, I came across a nice stair set and thought, hmm yes, I like them. I downloaded and was about to install and found that I already had them and had already thanked the creator. I wonder what other downloads I've completely forgotten about.
Top Secret Researcher
#3823 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 12:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
I love it when 2 random Sims fight; let alone when they do the silly "Poke" interaction. The hobby lots seem to have these random fights the most....

But it's annoying when it's on a business lot, as it brings down stars. I always have to ask one of the fighters to leave XD And I never know why it happens. Just so random.
Alchemist
#3824 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
But it's annoying when it's on a business lot, as it brings down stars. I always have to ask one of the fighters to leave XD And I never know why it happens. Just so random.

Use Snapdragons! Keeps everyone in a good mood. Also, unless you're playing a ticket machine business, send home all those good-for-nothing freeloaders who don't buy anything! In the real world, it's rude to ask people to leave your store, even if you know they don't intend to make a purchase. But in the sim world, have no such qualms--any sim that goes around pranking people and looking for a chat instead of looking at the merchandise should get the boot.

frogz2007, I don't know about drama-free. Gossip is basically telepathic in the sim world. And imagine someone you had a poor conversation with one time stalking your house and kicking over your garbage can. Every day. And no one would ever forget that time you burnt the macaroni...

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#3825 Old 24th Jul 2017 at 7:35 PM
Especially if you the house was burnt down with the macaroni...
Page 153 of 516