Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 1st Dec 2006 at 5:07 PM
hi, can you tell me where the buttons are on .60.1, or whatever version of SimPE? like when you click on object data, for step 2 (The guid)

If you have a request please explain it thoroughly! (At least one and a half paragraphs & supply the needed pictures / meshes, or else I will throw it away without looking at it and I will not "PM" you that I will not do it.)
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 10:45 PM
xD Thank you thank you thank you for this guide! ^^;'' I'm currently making a victorian career for my sims... Thanks you all you tutorial-creators, it seems slightly possible. ^^;''
Test Subject
#28 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 2:45 PM
Step 1 problem?
Hello Super Fly. I seem to be having a problem trying to open object data. I bring up my created career in SimPE. Find the object data part in the resource tree. But thats where it ends. Nothing comes up to the right at all. I can click forever and never see anything. Any idea why that may be? Thanks in advance for any help you can give. BTW I do know that I will have to make it EP ready also due to it only having 104 instances.
Part-time Hermit
#29 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 2:57 PM
Sim Mr B, go to Extra -> Preferences -> SimPE Settings and click Reset Layout.
Test Subject
#30 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 3:03 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 15th Mar 2007 at 4:16 PM. Reason: edited to combine posts
Thanks IgnorantBliss that seemed to do that trick!

Thanks for the help I actually have the career done. Now I have another question. How would I go about adding a custom icon? Not that it's all that important just would be a nice touch! Thanks again in advance.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 2nd May 2007 at 1:13 AM
Default Not functioning
My career has 108 files, but it doesn't show up when installing The Sims 2 Seasons, instead the game crashes. What should I do?

Visit my new site: Sims MX
Test Subject
#32 Old 4th May 2007 at 10:11 AM
i was wondering how i start as in what is the first step because i dont no how to do this:
'The Guid and Group ID

In order for a career to not overwrite anything, the guid and group ID need to be changed. Let us take an example of a career where these values have not been changed.'

please help
The ModFather
retired moderator
#33 Old 10th May 2007 at 4:49 PM
If you read on, both the GroupID and the GUID things are explained well.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#34 Old 31st May 2007 at 7:25 PM
Hmmmmn...
I have the game in other language (portuguese)...
I saw someone, in somewhere, saying that the solution is to change the "texts". I don't know what are the texts and don't know what to do...
Some careers are not showing up correclty. It just appears like a second "slacker carrer" or a second "medical carrer".
What do I have to do?
Can someone help me, please? Y.Y
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 1st Jun 2007 at 6:21 PM
I followed this step by step, but some users are saying my career <i>still</i> overwrites another. I believe (although have not concluded) that it's because I did not replace the Orig. and Fallback GUIDs, since it didn't say to in this tutorial. Since I went through and read outdated tutorials, it says that you must replace those two. Is this correct? And if so, could you edit your tutorial to include those steps?

A S H L E Y // R E F L E C T S
latest projects: aura interiors second hand homes
Field Researcher
#36 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 5:05 PM
Great tutorial, thanks. I have a question, though. When you make your career EP ready, does that make it incompatible with the base game?
Test Subject
#37 Old 5th Jun 2007 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FennShysa
Great tutorial, thanks. I have a question, though. When you make your career EP ready, does that make it incompatible with the base game?

No, that should make the career compatable with both the base game and the EP's
Field Researcher
#38 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hellsfury_25m
No, that should make the career compatable with both the base game and the EP's

Thanks.
Test Subject
#39 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 12:09 AM
I still dont understand how to open up a career i'm really confused on this because i'm new to SimPE
The ModFather
retired moderator
#40 Old 19th Jul 2007 at 8:15 AM
If you are new to SimPe, I guess that you still have to create your career.
This tutorial is about fixing an already existing career to make it compatible with University and newer EPs.

If you haven't create your custom career, yet, then follow THIS TUTORIAL. When done, come back here and read this tutorial to be sure that your career is "EP ready".

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Field Researcher
#41 Old 1st Aug 2007 at 9:23 PM
i did everything, and my career wont show up in the game
its in my "downloads" folder....should it be elsewhere?
i have all the way to pets, and glamor life installed lol

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
The ModFather
retired moderator
#42 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 1:55 AM
A custom career should always appear in the game, if at least these two conditions are met (please double check, even if you are already 100% sure ) :

1) A new GUID has been correctly registered and written into the OBJD
2) All the files are assigned to GroupID 0xFFFFFFFF (if in doubt, do a Fix Integrity).

Plus, in order to be compatible with the EPs, it must have 89 BCONs.

If the requirements above are correct, then check the career in game using the testing cheats: open the cheatbox and type boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true; then load a lot, hold down the Shift key and click on the newspaper: all the existing careers should be listed in the menu.

Be sure that you don't have in the Downloads some older version of your career.

Field Researcher
#43 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 3:44 AM
i did the newspaper thing. its not there, thats how i know it doesnt work
the integ is fine
what are BCONs? and how do i check/fix that?

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
The ModFather
retired moderator
#44 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 1:49 PM
Open the career in SimPE and look in the top-left panel ("Resource tree"); there is an entry "Behaviour Constant (BCON)", with a number in brackets next to it. If the number says "(89)", then your career is EP-ready; if it says "(86)", that career will be available only in a base game with no EPs.

There is a tutorial about upgrading careers to EP-ready (LINK), though I don't know how up-to-date it is.
Browse the careers forum, and possibly you can find other tutorials about this subject.

Field Researcher
#45 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 1:25 AM Last edited by Numenor : 5th Aug 2007 at 9:57 AM. Reason: Please edit your post, instead of posting twice in a row.
its 89
i saved it under another name so ill see if it works lol

EDIT:
It didn't work :S

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
The ModFather
retired moderator
#46 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 9:58 AM
I'm not exactly an expert, but if you post your faulty career here, I will take a look.

Field Researcher
#47 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 1:17 AM
okay, download it at www.jades-world.com/Alundran.rar
i made it for my own use lol, its just one for me to have fun with, maybe if i like it ill continue editing it and make it better lol (with the business career template though lol)

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
The ModFather
retired moderator
#48 Old 6th Aug 2007 at 1:41 PM
Your career is perfect. Perhaps giving to the package a name that ends in ".package" would help
Jokes apart, your file is named "Alundran.career": rename it as "Alundran_career.package", or any other name that ends with ".package" and it will work fine (any file with extension other than ".package" is ignored by the game).

Field Researcher
#49 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 11:00 PM
oh...*goes red* well thats just what it saved as....
*laughs* atleast i can blame it on being blonde

and thankyou!!

Jade Elizabeth (Alundra)
Just call me Al
Test Subject
#50 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 4:00 PM
A GREAT tutorial! Helped me alot! Thanks!!!!!!!!
Page 2 of 5