Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#6501 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Riesen
Is it possible for two non-supernatural parents to have a supernatural baby?
You have to transform their kid into a supernatural.
With the Master Controller you can turn any sim into any supernatural you want, even a sim walking by. You have to add a supernatural state to the sim. It should be something like: click on the sim then NRAAS then Master Controller then IIRC intermediate then add a state then select the state you want from the list.
You should also be able to modify in CAS any sim you want to transform him/her into a supernatural without any mod if you have the Supernatural EP. Testingcheatsenabled true then shift click on the sim and select 'Modify in CAS', the CAS will be fully unlocked, you can change anything you want, voice, skin etc. Click on the small icon showing a sim in the upper middle of the screen, a menu opens and you select the state you want - you can even select which type of ghost!
Otherwise as a legit way you can get potions from the Potions shop (Supernatural EP). Their stock change every day.
Except for the potion you can do that as soon as soon as the baby is born. For the potion it has to be a child to be able to drink it AFAIK.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#6502 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
My sim's father just gave his daughter flowers... He's actually her father-in-law, but does the game really make a distinction? TS2 didn't, maybe TS3 does? Otherwise I don't know what to think.

That said, I noticed before that two sims in another household - a daughter and father, as well - have a moodlet with a magnet whenever they're around each other. They're related by blood. I'm so grossed out, even though I had an incestual relationship in the game once, but it was a big exception...

I suspect that maybe such things happen because I add relationships later than I create sims, i.e. with the NRAAS mods, rather than in CAS? Maybe TS3 already memorized that they're attracted or flirted, and so it ignores relationships by blood?!

Edit: I just checked the menus and yeah, the aforementioned sims are capable to perform directed romantic interactions with each other.

EA's attraction system is pretty messed up. The worst one I had is one of my sims autonomously woohooty-texting his sister. Even better? They are 2/3rds of a triplet set.

My latest snarkfest, think of it as the Cards Against Humanity of Sims stories, mostly enjoyable for horrible people. - Killer Legacy, Man!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6503 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 5:22 PM
Well, there is no autonomous woohooty texting in an unmodded game, so I'd rather say that in your case the messed up attraction system can be blamed on your Woohooer settings not on EA.
Test Subject
#6504 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Well, there is no autonomous woohooty texting in an unmodded game, so I'd rather say that in your case the messed up attraction system can be blamed on your Woohooer settings not on EA.

LOL! I haven't played an unmodded game in so long, I forget what's core and what isn't.

My latest snarkfest, think of it as the Cards Against Humanity of Sims stories, mostly enjoyable for horrible people. - Killer Legacy, Man!
Lab Assistant
#6505 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 10:05 AM
I'm looking into starting my TS3 again after playing TS2 exclusively for a while. I'm posting this question here because it's most likely pretty stupid

Do townies/NPCs need vacant lots to live in? My main issue with TS3 is the fact that there aren't very many sims around (especially when I have child sims - usually they don't have any friends) my world which makes it feel really empty after a while. When I generate new sims using Nraas mod, they need a house to live in and, you know, after a while you run out of houses... In TS2 they'll bring sims home from school despite these sims not having a place to stay in the world and thats what I'd like for TS3. Is it possible at all?
Inventor
#6506 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 10:46 AM Last edited by MOOKIEBLAYLOCK : 15th Mar 2017 at 10:56 AM.
^Not a stupid question at all. There really aren't "townies" in Sims 3 like there are in Sims 2. There are sims that live on lots ( all playable) and then there are service sims , like the maid , newspaper delivery, mail delivery etc, and then there are role sims, role sims have an object they are assigned to, like the cash register, bar etc. Neither service sims or role sims require housing. If you play in a Bridgeport type town they may end up "living" in apartments, but only those that are designated for npc's. You won't be able to enter them or see inside them. If they have no housing they'll go off map and "hibernate" basically.

There are lots of ways to get more sims and activity in your town ( I hear you because my Sims 2 towns usually had upwards of 2000 sims. Some had over 3000.) I like to get at least 600-700 in Sims 3, but most people don't play that way and some comp systems can't handle it. I'll make groups of sims and plop them on a vacant lot. Then I'll go to City Hall and hit Nraas> Master Controller>Household> Evict and make them homeless. Some will end up assigned as or to various careers, role jobs or school classmates for the younger sims. I'll reasign their careers or roles as , or if, I see fit also using MC.

There are some real useful mods for populating community lots as well. I use http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1078/ on some lots and I also love both of these mods (registration required) http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...ut-on-the-town/ and http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...ut-on-the-town/ When the sim I'm playing arrives at a lot there are usually 3-8 sims there already, sometimes more, and after a bit I'll usually hit the 15-20 mark. Town population, amount of community lots and comp specs all play a role in that.

ETA, what I mean by there really aren't "townies" in Sims 3 is that in Sims 2 you could have a homeless sim, like Meadow Thayer, but you could make them selectable and play as them...albeit temporarily.., just not the Universal Sims they are a no-no, but everyone else was fair game. In Sims 3 if they don't have regular housing, and that excludes the pseudo apartment living npc's, none of them are ever selectable.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Theorist
#6507 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 6:21 PM
I was having some drag in my game and I was wondering--since it's been such a long time since I played Sims 3--after I install another story progression (mod) do I have to keep the one checked in game settings for it to work or should I disable it (uncheck it). I think in the past I left it alone and the mod took over.
Can someone clarify?

Also why would certain sims freeze and others not? I wonder if sims with sliders cause "freezing" while others do not. I found some conflicts so I will restart my game later and see if disabled them helps but if someone could answer my first question I'd appreciate it.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Instructor
#6508 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
I was having some drag in my game and I was wondering--since it's been such a long time since I played Sims 3--after I install another story progression (mod) do I have to keep the one checked in game settings for it to work or should I disable it (uncheck it). I think in the past I left it alone and the mod took over.
Can someone clarify?

Also why would certain sims freeze and others not? I wonder if sims with sliders cause "freezing" while others do not. I found some conflicts so I will restart my game later and see if disabled them helps but if someone could answer my first question I'd appreciate it.

If it's NRaas Story Progression, then when you enable it, EA story progression is automatically disable and I believe a notice appears to let you know. Not sure if there are other SP mods with different settings though.

By freeze do you mean they're stuck and aren't moving? If so you could try using NRaas Master Controller's "Reset Everything" command to see if that helps any.
Scholar
#6509 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 11:13 PM
What could cause the game to lag a bit when clicking on a Sim?
Well, lag isn't the right word... I click on an NP-Sim, to socialize, and the click sound happens, but it takes the game a second or two to open up the main social menu.
Is this likely caused by too much CC stuff? A need to clear the caches?
Mad Poster
#6510 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 12:02 AM Last edited by igazor : 19th Mar 2017 at 11:46 AM.
I was having some drag in my game and I was wondering--since it's been such a long time since I played Sims 3--after I install another story progression (mod) do I have to keep the one checked in game settings for it to work or should I disable it (uncheck it). I think in the past I left it alone and the mod took over. Can someone clarify?

The Big Three are EA's progression, NRaas, and Awesome's Story Mode. Only one form of progression can be active at a time.

If you have NRaas SP's progression activated, then it doesn't matter how you have checkbox in Game Options set. The modded version will take over. In this cases, the Game Option checkbox will only dictate whether EA's is to take over should you ever deactivate SP's progression or if there is to be no progression at all if you do that.

Edit (thanks for the correction, @Don Babilon): If you have Awesome's Story Mode activated, then its version of progression will honor the game's settings.

If you have both NRaas SP and Awesome at the same time, Awesome's Story Mode will stand aside if it detects that SP is running progression.
#6511 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 10:09 AM
^^Minor correction: AwesomeMod's story mode is tied to the game options. If you uncheck story progression in the regular game options, AM will stop its version of story mode.
Mad Poster
#6512 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
^^Minor correction: AwesomeMod's story mode is tied to the game options. If you uncheck story progression in the regular game options, AM will stop its version of story mode.

I didn't remember it that way, but it's been many years since I've used Awesome's Story Mode. Post edited, thanks for the correction.
Theorist
#6513 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
What could cause the game to lag a bit when clicking on a Sim?
Well, lag isn't the right word... I click on an NP-Sim, to socialize, and the click sound happens, but it takes the game a second or two to open up the main social menu.
Is this likely caused by too much CC stuff? A need to clear the caches?

I'm getting the same thing. I don't know if it's just the bork-ness of Sims 3 or what. I just set up a new neighborhood (one I downloaded with few buildings) and spent several weeks making nearly every house, community lot, and Sim.

I finally went to play a family and it was lagging when I clicked on the Sim. She stood there, frozen. I got the click sound, then a gear icon and it pauses every few seconds. After testing, it's happening on other Sims.

I did some research and it's either: 1) bad CC , 2) underpowered computer RAM, 3) borked Sims 3 or "something else." Reset sim worked for a bit. The camera moves fluidly and I can zip around fine in build (though now the rendering takes a little bit). Even in game, the controls work fine. It's just the Sims sticking.

Yeah, it's frustrating. I guess the next step is to lower all the settings (what's the point) or just try a new game with an EA neighborhood or get rid of mods one at a time.

It would be nice to play a game without this hassle but that's what you get when you put in CC. I'm sure if I played a vanilla game this would not be an issue. (Again, what's the point?) Thanks for listening to me complain, lol. And thanks for the help!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Lab Assistant
#6514 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
You have to transform their kid into a supernatural.
With the Master Controller you can turn any sim into any supernatural you want, even a sim walking by. You have to add a supernatural state to the sim. It should be something like: click on the sim then NRAAS then Master Controller then IIRC intermediate then add a state then select the state you want from the list.
You should also be able to modify in CAS any sim you want to transform him/her into a supernatural without any mod if you have the Supernatural EP. Testingcheatsenabled true then shift click on the sim and select 'Modify in CAS', the CAS will be fully unlocked, you can change anything you want, voice, skin etc. Click on the small icon showing a sim in the upper middle of the screen, a menu opens and you select the state you want - you can even select which type of ghost!
Otherwise as a legit way you can get potions from the Potions shop (Supernatural EP). Their stock change every day.
Except for the potion you can do that as soon as soon as the baby is born. For the potion it has to be a child to be able to drink it AFAIK.

Thanks for your reply, I knew all that already, but I appreciate you trying to help
I was hoping for a way of making this happen without interference. I seem to remember seeing a mod about it at one point, but I can't quite recall where. It was something like babies being born on a full moon, had a chance to be a supernatural. I'm not sure if it was an NRaas option or some other mod. Hmm...
Site Helper
#6515 Old 16th Mar 2017 at 11:09 PM
Oh! That mod is here on MTS.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=520400

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#6516 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 3:28 AM
Okay so I feel a little ridiculous even asking this, but hey, it's the stupid questions thread so whatever.

My question is, is it possible to add the wild animals roaming around the world to your household as pets? Like, deer and raccoons as opposed to just wild horses or whatever? Idk, I just had a deer show up in the front garden of a house I was play testing and it was really cute and I really wanted to adopt it. So, is that a thing that people have done, and how does it turn out?

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Top Secret Researcher
#6517 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 6:35 AM
There is no way that I know of to adopt deer or raccoons. There is a raccoon (actually a dog) available at MTS:
Raccoon by Munchies: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=462588

And while I am posting links, these farm animals are also available at MTS:

Sheep by justJones: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=475946

Hen by Danjaley: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=526169

Pig by Alan_Gast: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=461551

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Lab Assistant
#6518 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 10:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
^Not a stupid question at all. There really aren't "townies" in Sims 3 like there are in Sims 2. There are sims that live on lots ( all playable) and then there are service sims , like the maid , newspaper delivery, mail delivery etc, and then there are role sims, role sims have an object they are assigned to, like the cash register, bar etc. Neither service sims or role sims require housing. If you play in a Bridgeport type town they may end up "living" in apartments, but only those that are designated for npc's. You won't be able to enter them or see inside them. If they have no housing they'll go off map and "hibernate" basically.

There are lots of ways to get more sims and activity in your town ( I hear you because my Sims 2 towns usually had upwards of 2000 sims. Some had over 3000.) I like to get at least 600-700 in Sims 3, but most people don't play that way and some comp systems can't handle it. I'll make groups of sims and plop them on a vacant lot. Then I'll go to City Hall and hit Nraas> Master Controller>Household> Evict and make them homeless. Some will end up assigned as or to various careers, role jobs or school classmates for the younger sims. I'll reasign their careers or roles as , or if, I see fit also using MC.

There are some real useful mods for populating community lots as well. I use http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1078/ on some lots and I also love both of these mods (registration required) http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...ut-on-the-town/ and http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...ut-on-the-town/ When the sim I'm playing arrives at a lot there are usually 3-8 sims there already, sometimes more, and after a bit I'll usually hit the 15-20 mark. Town population, amount of community lots and comp specs all play a role in that.

ETA, what I mean by there really aren't "townies" in Sims 3 is that in Sims 2 you could have a homeless sim, like Meadow Thayer, but you could make them selectable and play as them...albeit temporarily.., just not the Universal Sims they are a no-no, but everyone else was fair game. In Sims 3 if they don't have regular housing, and that excludes the pseudo apartment living npc's, none of them are ever selectable.

Thank you, very helpful!!
Theorist
#6519 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 9:34 PM
I was training my sim in magic by having her cast 'Conversion Ritual' many times onto the same item and she finally got a Death Fish. It sounds cool and I'd like to keep it. But how do I make sure it doesn't die? I play in rotations, and if I have a fish in the household, it'll probably be dead next time I rotate to that household. Will a butler feed it automatically if I hire one?
Top Secret Researcher
#6520 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
I was training my sim in magic by having her cast 'Conversion Ritual' many times onto the same item and she finally got a Death Fish. It sounds cool and I'd like to keep it. But how do I make sure it doesn't die? I play in rotations, and if I have a fish in the household, it'll probably be dead next time I rotate to that household. Will a butler feed it automatically if I hire one?

Scoop it out and keep it in your inventory or in a cabinet. Keep them in a fish bowl and they die eventually. If you put it in the fridge, you might end up using it to make grilled fish.

If you get 10 of them, then you can scoop out a pond and "stock" it with death fish. With level 7 fishing skill you can then fish them out forever.
Instructor
#6521 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 6:43 AM
So there's a solar panel floor tile under 'miscellaneous flooring'. Does it do anything other than look nifty and futuristic?
Theorist
#6522 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gingerxyz
is it possible to add the wild animals roaming around the world to your household as pets?

http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/80/?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
#6523 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orose
So there's a solar panel floor tile under 'miscellaneous flooring'. Does it do anything other than look nifty and futuristic?
Looking nifty and futuristic is its sole purpose in life, I'm afraid.
It was patched into the game when Lunar Lakes was released, I think.
Top Secret Researcher
#6524 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 7:36 PM Last edited by MiniMimi : 18th Mar 2017 at 8:31 PM.
I'm getting the same thing. I don't know if it's just the bork-ness of Sims 3 or what.
And I get no sim menu lag whatsoever yet I have so many crap, CC, store, EPs, SPs and mods that it's maddening, so it's not Sims3' borkness. If you ruled out exterior factors (OS doing something, antivirus running, internet: try with it off, drivers too old, another program singing Ocarina of Time in the background, a virus having a rave party,...), then ruled out inside factors (custom world with issues, sims stuck somewhere,..) then it's really bad CC. The problem being that it could be any CC, and specially what you would have never imagined. Corrupted bodyshop items do that shit, for example. Too old CC hair do that too. Accessories, clothes, shoes can do that. Did you really try without all your CC and caches cleared (world caches included to be sure to remove the corruption)? Some mods are also very 'heavy', like Error Trap, remove it. I know that 'Go here' can do that too. Also you can create routing issues/holes when placing lots in the 'free mode'.
I hope you find the cause
Lab Assistant
#6525 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Oh! That mod is here on MTS.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=520400

Yes! That's the one, thank you! I wish there was one that made it possible at all times, and not just at the full moon, but this will do for now
Page 261 of 385