Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Dec 2015 at 8:21 PM
Default "Change Material" Primitive for outfit ?
Hello,

I look for a way to alter textures (or mesh) of outfits in game, as it can be done for objects with the "Change Material" Primitive.
Or a way to override some parts of the outfits (I think primitive "override hair" can do that for hair .. or not : I'm not sure).

I think overlays can only go on the skintone, not the outfit, isn't it ? Moreover, I know about the GUID of outfits, but not all outfits have GUIDs, so it's not quite for what I want, I think ...

Such a function could be useful to get a dirty outfit after certain interaction like pottery or so. Or to go from an outwear to the matching everyday texture without the coat (it's like taking out only one piece of the outfit / mesh, not all the outfit to get a totally different one, which is not very smart nor realist) ...

Does someone know if it's possible ? If yes, how can it be done ? Please ...

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 11:56 PM Last edited by telefen : 22nd Dec 2015 at 12:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ankoyume
Hello,

I look for a way to alter textures (or mesh) of outfits in game, as it can be done for objects with the "Change Material" Primitive.
Or a way to override some parts of the outfits (I think primitive "override hair" can do that for hair .. or not : I'm not sure).

I think overlays can only go on the skintone, not the outfit, isn't it ? Moreover, I know about the GUID of outfits, but not all outfits have GUIDs, so it's not quite for what I want, I think ...

Such a function could be useful to get a dirty outfit after certain interaction like pottery or so. Or to go from an outwear to the matching everyday texture without the coat (it's like taking out only one piece of the outfit / mesh, not all the outfit to get a totally different one, which is not very smart nor realist) ...

Does someone know if it's possible ? If yes, how can it be done ? Please ...
I think I've got an answer to your questionHere Just know that it is an adult site and you can view the tutorial. While you're there you can check out my creations and I go by name telfen and they are spread a bit from clothing to mods&objects. If you decide to download, you need to register ,18 yr and it's free. I try following that tutorial it seems sort of easy. You speak very good english for a being from France. Good luck and merry christmas. Here is some good music for you as my gift to your christmas here and Here
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by telefen
I think I've got an answer to your questionHere Just know that it is an adult site and you can view the tutorial. While you're there you can check out my creations and I go by name telfen and they are spread a bit from clothing to mods&objects. If you decide to download, you need to register ,18 yr and it's free. I try following that tutorial it seems sort of easy. You speak very good english for a being from France. Good luck and merry christmas. Here is some good music for you as my gift to your christmas here and Here

I don't have problems with those sites, I've even already subscribed to that one but I didn't know about this tutorial. Thank you very much for the link. :lovestruc

Forum Resident
#4 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ankoyume
I don't have problems with those sites, I've even already subscribed to that one but I didn't know about this tutorial. Thank you very much for the link. :lovestruc
You are very welcome ankoyume. Just out of curiousity what do french call santa claus? Is it father Noel? and how do french garnish christmas ham?. I've been to Paris long ago,but I got lost and I called a cab. LOL. A pretty country with romantic people.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Dec 2015 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by telefen
You are very welcome ankoyume. Just out of curiousity what do french call santa claus? Is it father Noel? and how do french garnish christmas ham?. I've been to Paris long ago,but I got lost and I called a cab. LOL. A pretty country with romantic people.

Yes, in french, we just say "père noël". And there's no garnished ham, not that I know of, but in the west indies we eat "jambon de noël" which is spicy ham (I just buy it, I don't know how to do it, it's just plain ham with the bone).
I don't know if everyone is romantic but walking in the old Paris is certainly a romantic thing to do, except if you got lost ...