9 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#6051 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 2:36 AM
I'm saying you don't have to do "apartment-like" dorms with myne doors. Do real apartments with apartment doors, and you'll have all Sims on one lot but only need to control one at a time, and you can interact with the others. Either when they come out of their apartments, or by going to visit their apartment.

But hey, it was just a suggestion in case you didn't know the option existed. Now you do. if it's not appealing to you then it's not and that's that.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6052 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 2:42 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 21st Mar 2017 at 3:27 AM.
Oh! This is great then. Thanks for the heads up. No..I never thought apthack did this.
@gummilutt
Do i rezone as apart base or dorm though..with apthack?
I changed all my myne doors to unique separator ones., then rezone apart base. I moved the paper boy in (testing with him..first)
He arrive with a cab, with the college icon, but then went straight to the punching bag. he did not grow up into a YA...but he can rent.
What am I not getting? lol
Well, I got this one instead. I still don't know if i can move a teen directly in an apt, or if I must move them into a proper dorm first, so they have the cinematic + grow up thing.

I have another question, this time about deleting a neighborhood.
I won't be playing N002 anymore. It was my daughter's hood, when she was playing on my computer. Since this is part of my old EA Games folder, it is also in the backup i have..which I am playing now. I have installed TS2 on my daughter's laptop, and she has her Hood...can I safely delete my N002? What will then happen with both Hoods I am playing, N001 & N003?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6053 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 2:48 AM
Nothing should happen, you will just have one less hood.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6054 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 3:04 AM
Okay..then if i create one more? Will it be named N002 since it is missing, or just N004?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6055 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 3:54 AM
I think N004.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6056 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 3:54 AM
You zone as apartmentbase. If you have inteen you have to move your Sims to a dorm first so they grow up to YAs, then move them to the apartment lot. If you don't have inteen I'm not sure what the problem is. I've had inteen since before I started using apartments on campus, so never tried moving a teen directly in to apartments.

New hood should be named N002. It'll take whichever lowest number is available in the N-series.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#6057 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 3:58 AM
Ah! good thank you. I'll go delete my post. lol
So I must move them in a real dorm first..ahhhhhhhhhhh...

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6058 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 3:58 AM
You can see how much notice I take of whatever it numbers it.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#6059 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
When is the season supposed to change, anyway? I've seen it change any time between midnight and 9am: is this normal??

That's what I see in my game too. I rotate by seasons, so save and exit a lot when the season changes. It's not only a slightly different time per lot, the time of the season change moves a bit each season within one lot. At first I thought the differences were due to my having used the season changer from sim wardrobe when first moving my sims into a lot, so I tracked the time for lots I'd both changed and ones I'd never even placed a season changer. They all had the seasons change a little bit earlier in the morning for a few seasons then suddenly have one season that switched a couple of hours later. I keep meaning to track the time that each day rolls over to the next as I am fairly sure that shifts about, too, but I tend to miss noticing it. Most of my lots currently change between 2 am and 4 am; if they go as late a 5:30, I now tend to use the season changer to bump them as I want to save and exit before everyone wakes up.
Mad Poster
#6060 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 7:08 AM
I've never used a season changer, though after reading your post I think maybe I should! I would like it if the season consistently changed at or before sunrise, as that's usually when I save and exit a lot. I had one today change over at 8:15 am, and I thought that was rather excessive.
Mad Poster
#6061 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 10:32 AM
Is Pascal carrying a brown eyes gene? I'm not entirely sure how genetics work in TS2, but something like this would be totally possible irl.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6062 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 10:33 AM
Well dark blue is also a dominant eye colour in sims. Does Pascal have dead parents? Could be one had brown eyes.

~Call me Jo~
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6063 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 11:05 AM
And the case is closed. :D

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6064 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 2:38 PM
I've had Curious children with brown eyes before, too!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Instructor
#6065 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 4:44 PM
I am planning to build a new hood. my question is.. can i have a hood without townies, just with the sims I created !? I got empty hoods and mods ... I just would like to know if this makes something bad to my game if the game does not generate townies !

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Mad Poster
#6066 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 4:55 PM
No, nothing bad. I am currently playing without townies.
Mad Poster
#6067 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 9:35 PM
Hey guys... I just now started playing a bit in Veronaville (yup, been around since TS1 days, and have just gotten over to V-Ville)
I moved Bianca into a house; fixed it up, fixed her up - she is one brainy Italian hottie now! (Watch out you Capp dudes!)
Then I took her across the street to visit the Veronaville Market...
O. M. G. What is this place? I've never seen such an EAxian mess! Am I missing something here?
Is there a reason for all the fenced-in toilet stalls? Or, for the awkward walk-way that goes above them?
*sigh* So much for "playing"! Full renovation mode has firmly kicked back on again...

Before I let loose the wrecking ball - Is there a story/reason behind this lot?
Thanks

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#6068 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 9:52 PM
You will find that many Veronaville lots are like that. Some lucky Elizabethan nerd got to build Veronaville lots, and he was a lot more interested in doing things like recreating authentic Shakespearean stages than in playability. Freefalldreams has the skinny on what's supposed to be what. The Summerdream house is a reproduction of The Globe, for example. Which is very clever and all, but I had to bulldoze the damn thing in order to get the kids off to school in the morning - there simply wasn't any good way around the damn ditch at the foundation.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6069 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
No, nothing bad. I am currently playing without townies.

Same. No townies for the win! :D
Mad Poster
#6070 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Freefalldreams has the skinny on what's supposed to be what. The Summerdream house is a reproduction of The Globe, for example....

Thank you!!! In the back of my brain, I remember hearing something about that before - and I don't want to mess things up. (Well, anymore than they are already messed) *sigh*
Any insights @Freefalldreams

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6071 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by amora_selvagen
I am planning to build a new hood. my question is.. can i have a hood without townies, just with the sims I created !? I got empty hoods and mods ... I just would like to know if this makes something bad to my game if the game does not generate townies !

No it's fine. I will warn you though - LIttle Carping was free of townies for several years until I finally got tired of the emptiness of the hood. Sure, there were the playable neighbours but after a while I missed the random townies. So I made my own. Which was actually fun (I'm still finishing them off) but took a long time.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#6072 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 12:55 AM
I have notownieregen, I also have NO premade Hoods, and no stealth hood..something like that. maybe it is because of my Townie resident (mod for apartment tenant being townies instead of social group)But I always end up seeing new people...I wonder why. (other than service sims I would hire/need, of course)

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6073 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 1:43 AM
Garden club?

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6074 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 3:01 AM
When I play apartments in my townie-clean hood I use this mod: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=511564 and I avoid to search for roommate.
Mad Poster
#6075 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 7:23 AM
Why are my waiters all walking down three flights of stairs (and whatever) to take dirty plates to the curb trashcan when there is a perfectly good sink right in the kitchen, and how do I get them to stop? It's terribly inefficient and just looks really stupid too.
Page 243 of 1339