Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6101 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 9:58 PM
I'm not actually sure! When my hood moves into Winter and then eventually Spring, maybe I'll be able to report back.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6102 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kasparlaks
What could be the base game purpose for "Get drink"?

It gives enough hunger boost that the hunger bar stops dropping while they are drinking.

Very useful if you've got someone else to cook for the silly starving sim.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Lab Assistant
#6103 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Do the leaves eventually disappear if you leave them, or do you have leaves on the ground all year round? :P

I think I remember them lying on the ground until the first snow and then when it thaws they would be gone. That is of course assuming that you have your seasons set to autumn -> winter. I have no idea what would happen in a neighbourhood that's set to summer - summer - autumn - autumn or something like that.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6104 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I think the garden club gives you a bad score if you have leaf piles all over the lawn. Can't say for sure but it might affect environment score too?

Yes like flamingo statues, leaves count as "trash lying all over the place". They count even if they fall as the garden club inspects the place. So do old newspapers.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6105 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 2:07 AM
But if we're not currently getting a Garden Club inspection, then fallen leaves do nothing at all?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6106 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 2:46 AM
I have sims rake and add to the compost bin.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6107 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 6:02 AM
I do that too sometimes, but for the most part my sims are too busy with everything else.
Mad Poster
#6108 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 1:55 PM
Talking about leaves, what happens if no sim rake them at all? Do they just stay there the whole year long?
Never could test that, my sims will either rake them or their gardener will.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#6109 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 2:13 PM
They stay there forever. Or possibly, snow deletes them. Now I'm not sure.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#6110 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 2:29 PM
Cool thanks. (That was of vital importance..) lol
I have some questions about creating my own Townies, but I would not want to clog this thread with them. can someone direct me to a thread that actually discuss that, if one exist? Thank you.

Mad Poster
#6111 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 2:48 PM
I have a history of making sloppy sims. I don't know why because they are really annoying. But anyway, they don't rake leaves, or trim hedges or CLEAN THE STINKIN' BATHROOM *sorry, went away for awhile; I'm better now*. Anyway, the snow covers the leaves and they melt away with the snow in the spring rains.

That is if you don't have one of those weird lots that keep snow all year long. Does anyone else have that happen occasionally?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#6112 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 2:56 PM
I've had snow get stuck once. There's a batbox option for it, under weather.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6113 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 4:45 PM
There is also a way to replace the Weather Info of a lot, in SimPE.

Mad Poster
#6114 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 4:49 PM
Do you install the careers in the downloads folder? Or is there some place else to install them? None of mine new ones show up.
Mad Poster
#6115 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Debby1957
Do you install the careers in the downloads folder? Or is there some place else to install them? None of mine new ones show up.

yes, they work in your Downloads folder.
The ones that adds NPC careers to any sims anyway. I have mine in Downloads/Hacks/their own folder.

Mad Poster
#6116 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
yes, they work in your Downloads folder.
The ones that adds NPC careers to any sims anyway. I have mine in Downloads/Hacks/their own folder.

Thank you. Mine are not showing up.
Mad Poster
#6117 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 5:03 PM
Are they just not randomly appearing in newspaper/computer, or are they not working at all? Have you tried either the job board (CC object) that makes all careers show up or whatever the debug trick is with the newspaper? If you have all eps, there are a huge number of available careers, so it could take a long time for a specific one to show up normally.
Scholar
#6118 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 5:11 PM
Yeah it may take ages to find a specific job using the normal method. I only have two custom careers (craftsman and gatherer from CS), and it took about a week for one of my sims to find the career I wanted, using the computer every day. When I played a household with 5 sims, I decided which job I want for each of them, and none of them found it before the third day.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#6119 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 5:57 PM
That's right indeed, it can take ages!
I do not want to cheat by giving them a career. I really want it to be showing up. It's already too easy in this game. It is not true that simply because you'd like a specific career branch, that you'll get it..first, there might not be any openings, and second..you might not be qualified for it either. So no cheating about this for me. Sadie wants to be top teacher...and the Education career track never once appeared for her. I have not counted the days, but believe me, in a normal life span..she would probably be an elder or dead by now.
Still..no education career showed up yet! lol

Mad Poster
#6120 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Are they just not randomly appearing in newspaper/computer, or are they not working at all? Have you tried either the job board (CC object) that makes all careers show up or whatever the debug trick is with the newspaper? If you have all eps, there are a huge number of available careers, so it could take a long time for a specific one to show up normally.

I posted here a few days ago the job board don't show up in my game, so I can't use that. I have tried for days on each sims and only the game careers are showing up on the computer. I have given up and my sims took careers they didn't want (I had to change their majors with the counterfeit diploma). I will continue to look for the job of their choice until it pops up (and change their major back) because I hate to think they spent all the time in college for nothing. I really don't think they are working.
Mad Poster
#6121 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 6:15 PM
Well, if you do not mind cheating to get a specific career for your sims, you do not need that mod anyway. There are other mods that can be used. The Sim Blender is one. Do you have that one?
Or, debug cheat as Rosawny suggested.

Mad Poster
#6122 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 6:18 PM
Sounds to me like you really need to do some troubleshooting, Debby. The 50/50 won't take as long as you think it will, and in the end you'll probably have both a functional noticeboard and careers. They may even be interfering with each other. Experiment with load order.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6123 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Well, if you do not mind cheating to get a specific career for your sims, you do not need that mod anyway. There are other mods that can be used. The Sim Blender is one. Do you have that one?
Or, debug cheat as Rosawny suggested.

I don't mind cheating just to get them a career. I do have the simblender. I didn't know I could use it for a job.

@peni maybe I should do a 50/50 but I have limited time available to play and prefer to just play in the time I have.
Mad Poster
#6124 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 6:58 PM
Good. Then on the sim blender, look for the career..option in the pie menu. From there, you'll be able to choose what career track you want your sim to be in. I think, you can even choose the rank..You'll see.

Mad Poster
#6125 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 7:37 PM
That would be great but even by the simblender the only career I downloaded that is showing is the Social Security Recipient. And it shows on the computer. When I get time I will try the 50/50 like Peni suggested.
Page 245 of 1347