Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#276 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 1:44 PM
@MystAngel, I'm surprised. I too have depression and anxiety, but I still don't feel like I've changed (unless I look in the mirror, that is). At least not since I was 20 or so. Some of my hobbies changed, some of my general believes about people, but overall it's been the same. As for hobbies, I think I had more mature hobbies in the past, like, I was studying philosophy for my own enjoyment, but then I came back to gaming and fanfiction, after a big break. Most of my hobbies cycle with time, there's no hobby that is continuous. There are some that got forever left behind, though, like programming and playing shooters.

Depression doesn't make my soul feel older, it makes me feel like only my body is "old". Because of total lack of energy, the kind of effort it takes to do everything, like write this post. It makes one feel like a fossil. But internally it's different, sometimes I feel like I'm still a child. However, I should note that by "a child" I do not mean someone full of energy, I'm talking about someone who is naive, fragile and defenseless. I was like that as a child, and I still feel like that. I wish I could feel my age and be confident like other 31year olds are. But I'm driven by fear (people call it anxiety, but I call it fear), and fear and insecurity is something that only a child or young teens are allowed to experience in our society, so I feel like a perpetual young teen who still can't grow up...

Quote:
It did happen to me to sometimes outgrow, not only some of my interests, beliefs, or habits, but also "outgrow" certain relationships, or people. Since everyone changes with his own pace, following his own evolving path, it happens to people to simply grow apart, despite once being in the same time and place. That is also natural, just the way aging is...

That happened to me, too. I had a great friend for 10 years, and now I can't speak to him anymore, it's too disappointing. It's still ok for him, but I can't stand how he talks and his topics, I've outgrown all that. We got acquainted when we were both into philosophy and esoteric topics, now I think all of that is meaningless abstract ruminations, and I can't listen to him doing it.

But still it doesn't make me feel any older. It just makes me feel.. smarter? Like I've realized that such meaningless chatter isn't really smart, and it's more meaningful to be down-to-earth.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#277 Old 10th Apr 2016 at 1:58 PM
I, on the other hand, tell anyone who wants to listen about Sims 2 - maybe that reflects my age If they do not like that - I simply do not care
And around we will be, I think, for a while longer - and as the circle rotates, one day Sims2Christain will be the elder on the forum and think back to us discussing age (and hopefully remember us with a smile and toast us for having been here once )
Field Researcher
#278 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 7:58 AM
@Babahara

I'll put my response regarding depression in a spoiler, to avoid overloading the thread. Also, some people might prefer to keep this topic more lighthearted. I'm aware that games forum is not exactly a place where people want to read stuff like this.

Theorist
#279 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 8:43 AM
@MystAngel, I PMed you to avoid flooding the topic with not so lighthearted off-topic. Sorry if anyone was interested in the conversation!
Field Researcher
#280 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 12:56 PM
I think I must have been sixteen or seventeen when a friend of mine in high school had a copy of The Sims 2 game and shared it with me, lol. I've been playing the game ever since. Now I'm 21 years old, and it felt like I have 'grown up' together with the game :')
Scholar
#281 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 1:47 PM
I first played TS1 when I was six years old (I still remember that I was afraid of ghosts in Goth’s house and thought that plumbbob changes its colour with time ), now I’m not so far from finishing uni (1.5 years left), so I definitely do feel I grew up with the game.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Instructor
#282 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 2:07 PM
Uhm I started playing Sims when I was like 11/12 (thanks to my schoolmates, I would play at them place or play on my computer when they would come and visit me), then I bought Sims 2 + University while I was 13... An since then I've never stopped playing. Now I'm almost 25 and, as some posted before, I grew up with the game. Actually, I have to thank the Italian community (now not active anymore) because through the game and later, the forums, I've learned lot of things not only about the game but also about life.
Lab Assistant
#283 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 10:49 PM
I was six when I got The Sims 2 Double Deluxe for Christmas 2010. I'm on my early teenage years.

I am the owner and streamer of Twitch Plays The Sims.
Top Secret Researcher
#284 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 12:08 AM
I'm 50 - will turn 51 this summer - and have been a gamer since Pong, Space Invaders, and Centipede.

And I'm far from the oldest here.
Mad Poster
#285 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 1:54 AM
29 and practically throwing tantrums over the fact I turn 30 this year.

People tend to think I'm 15 or a boy who's really fat.

I am losing weight. It is taking some time.

Been playing entertainment and edutainment games since age 3.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Lab Assistant
#286 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 12:42 PM
And I, in late February, will be 21. Yes, I am a student culinary college of Russia.
With Sims familiar with 5-6 years. It was at godmother away, and she was a game in the computing system, as I called her, "about men". (It was the Sims 1!). I was given to her to play Sims 2 (Sims 1 apparently did not trust). Later (I was already 9-10) we had a computer, and she gave us the Sims 2 (all the game asked my mom = D).
Now Sims 2 is my favorite. Of course sometimes I go to the Sims 3, (and even more rarely I go to the Sims 4), but this is not it.
And last summer downloaded Sims 1, how many remembered!
Mad Poster
#287 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 1:31 PM
Ahah! happy birthday DJ

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Instructor
#288 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 2:40 PM
I was 3 years old when I played the sims (the original) around 2002 for the first time on a computer older than me (I still have it, but I have no idea if it still works). I'm 17 now, really close to 18 and I'm still playing the sims 1 and 2, because they have that "something" the sims 3 and 4 lack. Maybe I like them more because they are more naturally spontaneous compared to the last ones, and every time I try to go back to the game files I have in there I fall asleep. Some classmates in high school called me weird because I'm a simmer, but honestly, I couldn't care less about their opinions.
Mad Poster
#289 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 9:04 PM
Started playing Sims1 --WHEN I RETIRED! Now I'm 73, still happily playing (mostly building) Sims2.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#290 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 12:59 AM
Happy birthday DJ!

I turned 28 on the 10th...I still feel *mentally* how I did when I was 15. And i'm sort of freaking out that this year is my 10 year anniversary graduation from High School. Like..how has it been a decade? It feels like it was last month XD

I was playing TS2 when I was a teenager and i'll continue playing it, on and off as I tend to do, for the rest of my life. <3

My Simblr
He/They
Test Subject
#291 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 5:03 PM
Its been long time about sims 1 i played with my next door friend when i just in first year elementary school, and i replayed again in last 2 years until now i went to graduate from college. Playing sims 1 together with sims 2 since this two still give me private pleasure to design lot :D

Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Started playing Sims1 --WHEN I RETIRED! Now I'm 73, still happily playing (mostly building) Sims2.

Never thought about woman over 70 playing the sims ^_^
It can make record,haha
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#292 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velvetina
I was 3 years old when I played the sims (the original)

Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Started playing Sims1 --WHEN I RETIRED!

And this is why I love The Sims games so much. :lovestruc :lovestruc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#293 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 9:25 PM
I get very annoyed with I see videos/posts about people going, oh when I was young and played the sims. Meanwhile they look like fresh college graduates. (yeah you are still young) What is it with people thinking sims is a little kids game?! I'm in the 50+ bracket now and don't plan to give up anytime soon, even if I am currently playing Dragon Age Origins badly. We managed to buy it for $18! Also lets put down the idea that DAO and similar is only for young male players hmm, us older ladies know how to kick butt.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#294 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
What is it with people thinking sims is a little kids game?!

It is a little kids' game. And a big kids' game. And an old kids' game...
Test Subject
#295 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 10:02 PM
I have been a fan since I played on the PS2... I think the first game I had was Bustin' Out and I would have been about 11 or 12. I got Sims 2 around the time of Family Fun Stuff. I'm 24 next month. Not sure how much I've grown up since I first played though!
Mad Poster
#296 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperSim64DS
I was six when I got The Sims 2 Double Deluxe for Christmas 2010. I'm on my early teenage years.
I reckon that makes you one of our youngest regular posters on the Sims 2 forum. Congratulations on choosing to play the best computer game yet written.

I was 61 when I got The Sims 2 Double Deluxe in Autumn 2012. So, although I'm about five times your age, you've been playing for nearly two years longer than me! That it appeals to such wide range of people, is one of the things that makes this game so special.

In the terms of maxon's poll, I'm now looking for my slippers!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Theorist
#297 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 8:01 PM
You were just on time with the birthday wishes, and I'm running a bit behind on the thank-yous. So, thanks, HarVee, Rosebine and wickedjr89! :D
Lab Assistant
#298 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 8:12 PM
I'm 32.
Test Subject
#299 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 9:07 PM
I'm also 32!
I started playing ( a little) The Sims 1, well... in 2000 I think. My sister got it for Christmas and then my mother became addicted and bought every SP and EP for the Sims, The Sims 2 and The Sims 3. Back then we only had one computer for the family, so I didn't play The Sims very much. And even when I started playing The Sims 2 on my own laptop in 2005 or 2006, I mostly played on and off, with long period (months, years) off. So I thInk I didn't (don't) play that much. I haven't played since July I think.
Top Secret Researcher
#300 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 9:25 PM
I feel so old reading about posters who first played Sims 2 in preschool - I was in my mid-30s when I started with Sims 1! (I heard about it on r.a.t.s.a, a group for ABC soap operas - everyone seemed to be having great fun recreating their favorite soap opera towns.)
Page 12 of 15