Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 12:13 PM
Default SimPE mesh extracting -- not all parts could be found
Hello everyone,

I was trying to extract a mesh from the basegame using SimPE with PJSE's body mesh tool, however, I get this error: "Not all parts could be found for mesh: afbodydressthai_green"

Things I've tried so far:
  • I googled the problem. Someone suggested running SimPE in XP compatibility mode. As I already have XP, that's not really of a solution. Just to be sure, I ran SimPE in Win2K compatibility mode, to no avail.
  • I used both the "Browse" button and typed in the mesh name manually, with and without the color suffix. The same error message pops up every time.
  • As there was no icon overlay, I assumed it was a basegame mesh, so I opened TS2/TSData/Res/3D/Sims03.package to search for the mesh myself, but it wasn't there. I searched every other Sims03.package from every expansion pack as well, but I still didn't find it. As the mesh shows up fine in BodyShop and in game, it has to be somewhere, right?
  • I've extracted and modded many meshes before, and never encountered this problem.

Could anyone help me how to fix this error or where to find this mesh or try extracting it themselves? (The mesh is called afbodydressthai_green according to SimPE and Bodyshop)

Specs:
  • Windows XP SP3
  • The Sims 2 with all expansion packs except for the story ones.
  • SimPE 0.73.44-QA
  • .NET 3.5

If you need any more info, just ask

Thanks for your attention,

- SeySayux
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 3:20 PM
Try just putting: afbodydressthai in the search box. The "_green" is the color of the dress and has nothing to do with the mesh name, so that would throw it off and give you the message you report. Hopefully, changing that will solve the problem

"I'm afraid I'm not personally qualified to confuse cats, but I can recommend an extremely good service".
-Monty Python's Flying Circus
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kalynn06
Try just putting: afbodydressthai in the search box. The "_green" is the color of the dress and has nothing to do with the mesh name, so that would throw it off and give you the message you report. Hopefully, changing that will solve the problem

As you can see,

Quote: Originally posted by SeySayux
I used both the "Browse" button and typed in the mesh name manually, with and without the color suffix.

So if you mean that, I already tried that.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SeySayux
As you can see,

So if you mean that, I already tried that.

Sorry, I clearly missed that buried in the rest. Remember people helping you are not working a customer service line and are doing it for free and not trying to annoy you with our well meant help.

It's a Holiday pack mesh. If SimPE isn't find it make sure the game paths are correctly set. If you want to look manually, look in TheSims2%\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins The thai outfiits, I think, are in H06.bundle.package

"I'm afraid I'm not personally qualified to confuse cats, but I can recommend an extremely good service".
-Monty Python's Flying Circus
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kalynn06
Sorry, I clearly missed that buried in the rest. Remember people helping you are not working a customer service line and are doing it for free and not trying to annoy you with our well meant help.

I completely understand that, I didn't mean to offend you or anything, and I get it when people read over stuff

Quote:
It's a Holiday pack mesh. If SimPE isn't find it make sure the game paths are correctly set. If you want to look manually, look in TheSims2%\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins The thai outfiits, I think, are in H06.bundle.package

Okay, thanks, I'll check that!

BTW, how do tell meshes are from the holiday pack in the future (as they don't have an overlay icon)?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 12:47 PM
I found the meshes and it worked perfectly! Thanks!
Instructor
#7 Old 8th Oct 2016 at 8:31 PM Last edited by Prime : 8th Oct 2016 at 8:42 PM.
sorry to bump this old thread, but what about for the outfits from teen style stuff? I'm trying to get the female surfer outfit mesh for teenage female sims

UPDATE:

never mind, found it!
The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\University Life\SP6\TSData\Res\3D in 'sims03.package'