Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#5626 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 10:52 AM
need me a vet who diagnosis fleas with a magnifying glass

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Advertisement
Theorist
#5627 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
need me a vet who diagnosis fleas with a magnifying glass

As a trained vet tech I want to be a smart ass as say this is accurate, but I also don't want people to misunderstand the sarcasm and think I'm encouraging EA. :\ Sarcasm feels like it's becoming a lost art with this younger generation.
Forum Resident
#5628 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 12:19 PM
The pet illnesses surprised me a lot tbh.
The Sims illnesses all looked exactly how you would imagine illnesses in TS4 - not too extreme, kind of cartoon-y. Like one sickness gives your Sim red lines across their body, one sickness will make them look dizzy etc.
The pets sicknesses look kind of bleh. I mean the cat has green goo around its mouth and the third one looks like the cat is coughing up flies (though I hope the cat is only coughing while it's surrounded by flies). It's not typically cute TS4 style.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5629 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 6:04 PM
Your family can work at the vet - doing what, I have no idea. They can not ALL be vets. That would look weird. Maybe reception or pet walking? Idk.

How about maybe updating the previous packs so our own Sims can work at those venues? No chefs or hosts? No restockers? Oh. Oh well.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#5630 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Your family can work at the vet - doing what, I have no idea. They can not ALL be vets. That would look weird. Maybe reception or pet walking? Idk.

How about maybe updating the previous packs so our own Sims can work at those venues? No chefs or hosts? No restockers? Oh. Oh well.

I thought the same thing, why can't they update past packs? So much that could be improved and vastly enhance the game. I guess it's good that they learn what simmers want for new packs,
but what's the point when they ignore old packs?
Would it kill them to update some old stuff and make the game actually great? I literally feel sad when I think about the missed opportunities and missed gameplay.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Forum Resident
#5631 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 6:21 PM
Official Vet trailer

Looks like other symptoms will be a red Rudolph nose and "icy fur"
And did anyone else notice how bad the green goo around their mouths looks in action? It looks so stiff and non-moving.
And yes, it's "mouth moths".

And community blog:
Quote:
Naturally, give employees raises, fire and discipline them, or even force them to wear ridiculous outfits. Or, normal ones, but where’s the fun in that? Those with Outdoor Retreat can have their Veterinarians wear the bear suit!

I don't know what I expected

Well, all in all the vet career looks exactly how I imagined it. No surprises whatsoever.
It's a good idea, but it just seems like a mod so far to me because it looks so similar to the stuff we already have.
Instructor
#5632 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 6:29 PM
I like the pet animations - like the wobbly walk after surgery - but that's about all I can praise. I'm not a fan of these bulky items used to perform surgeries, it was the same in Get To Work as well. I get that they're probably used to hide as much of the Sim/Pet as possible, to reduce time needed to animate actions or show something that would be classed as grotesque for a teen game, but they look ridiculous.
Field Researcher
#5633 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 7:01 PM
Quote:
Naturally, give employees raises, fire and discipline them, or even force them to wear ridiculous outfits. Or, normal ones, but where’s the fun in that? Those with Outdoor Retreat can have their Veterinarians wear the bear suit!

Again with those accursed fur-suits!!!
Mad Poster
#5634 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 7:03 PM
It's a shame they already lost me. Because the vet stuff actually looks kinda fun.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5635 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 7:56 PM
Literally over bear and raccoon costumes. The novelty has worn off. I can imagine a tropical resort pack with a stupid shark costumes that they cram into every single corner of the advertising.

Also, let's talk about how they added a vending machine for animals, but not humans. There are literally no practical ways to provide small amounts of food for Sims on commercial lots except that 7/11 style fridge thing which doesn't work in every setting.

Theorist
#5636 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Also, let's talk about how they added a vending machine for animals, but not humans. There are literally no practical ways to provide small amounts of food for Sims on commercial lots except that 7/11 style fridge thing which doesn't work in every setting.

Then you must be building the wrong types of lots! Focus groups have told us that what we have designed is the best way to enjoy the game! Telemetry has confirmed it because players have no other choices to use instead! You must not be playing the game in the way that we've decided is the most fun! Try playing it our way and see how much fun you have!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5637 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 1:35 AM
My apologies.

Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#5638 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 1:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Then you must be building the wrong types of lots! Focus groups have told us that what we have designed is the best way to enjoy the game! Telemetry has confirmed it because players have no other choices to use instead! You must not be playing the game in the way that we've decided is the most fun! Try playing it our way and see how much fun you have!
Creepy.
Mad Poster
#5639 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 4:27 AM
Why? Because it totally misses the point of a Sims game? Or because these are all things they've actually been telling us for the past three years?

Lab Assistant
#5640 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 5:43 AM
Did anyone else ever have Sims 2 Pets for the DS? The vet career is very similar! Especially the not causing stress. In the DS version, they would run around during tests and baths and stuff and generally make your life hard if you didn't treat them well enough, and if you delivered a pet with high stress back, you would get less payment. That was probably the dumbest Sims game I have ever played, and yet I spent an inordinate amount of time on it way back when.
Scholar
#5641 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 7:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Official Vet trailer

Looks like other symptoms will be a red Rudolph nose and "icy fur"
And did anyone else notice how bad the green goo around their mouths looks in action? It looks so stiff and non-moving.
And yes, it's "mouth moths".

luv too mace my cat in the face with some carcinogenic Raid bug spray.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Forum Resident
#5642 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Teostar

Again with those accursed fur-suits!!!

"Weirder Stories"

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Mad Poster
#5643 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
luv too mace my cat in the face with some carcinogenic Raid bug spray.

I read this before reading who posted it and yet I already knew it was you

Mad Poster
#5644 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Taube
Did anyone else ever have Sims 2 Pets for the DS? The vet career is very similar! Especially the not causing stress. In the DS version, they would run around during tests and baths and stuff and generally make your life hard if you didn't treat them well enough, and if you delivered a pet with high stress back, you would get less payment. That was probably the dumbest Sims game I have ever played, and yet I spent an inordinate amount of time on it way back when.

I had played TS2 Apartment pets on DS. It was more of a pet simulator than an actual sim simulator. It still had a charm for me.
Field Researcher
#5645 Old 25th Oct 2017 at 10:26 PM
.....(Watching Sims 4 Cats and dogs promo).......

Have the animations always been that bad???? I mean, I haven't played this game in like.... 2 years now...... but Holy Hell!!! That is Baaaaad.
Instructor
#5646 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Official Vet trailer

anyone got any acid...for my eyes?

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
Field Researcher
#5647 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 6:32 AM
So can we assume that the hired employees will obsessively chit chat & not work? Their previous work with this system has never worked properly.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5648 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 10:02 AM
Nooo, they spent a whole year fixing the chatting system. That’s why it’s took so long for this EP to come out. It’s just a coincidence that that last EP also took a year.

Theorist
#5649 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 12:19 PM
Bug spray for green drool? I'm not a vet, nor so I pretend to be one. With that disclaimer out of the way...

If I saw a cat with green drool, bug spray would not be the first thing I'd grab for. I'd be more concerned that either the cat has some serious, nasty tooth issues going on, ate something that it shouldn't have or perhaps it got into anti-freeze. Bad breath would be indication of something rotting in the cat's mouth.

EA puts out a pets pack that revolves around vet care and they can't be bothered to talk to a vet. It isn't like none of them are pet owners as many of them are. Why bother putting the 'drool' in there anyway? It looks like a sheet of cellophane or saran wrap with food coloring. Drool does not come in sheets. It comes in the form of what looks like shoe strings.

Forum Resident
#5650 Old 26th Oct 2017 at 12:31 PM
Some more infos

- Strays will be in every world
- Sickness will have an effect on pets, though they won't die
- No dog walker, pet sitter, dog groomer etc (quote from SimGuru "Vet is the only job, but they're able to do all sorts of stuff. Instead of making a bunch of linear roles, we gave that 1 job flexibility")
- Puppies and kitten don't get sick
- Pets can give birth at home or any other lot, but there won't be special gameplay for delivery at vet clinics
- No updates for Dine Out because "We didn't end up making major changes to Restaurants, since any time we spend there means less for Vet. It's a ruff development schedule"
- You won't get notification that your pets are sick, but their behavior might change

My personal guess is that sick pets that don't get treated run away? Don't know what other consequence it could be.
Well, all in all still no other surprises. I wonder if the stream tonight has anything new to say about vets...
Locked thread
Page 226 of 447