Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
dodgy builder
#101 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 4:30 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 18th Nov 2018 at 5:06 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I have yet to get a chance to see if a house made like that is considered weatherproof...

I totally agree on that, but the house I made is rooms all around it, only terrain on the ground around the staircase itself. If you build that all the way up to the roof, there's no reason why the rest of the house can't be built up as usual.

I'm wondering how a higher building can be made though, considering new stairs can't overlap the same tiles as the previous staircase.

I just testing that, and another issue is the lack of rooms when putting on roofs. The game reads the space as buildable and sticks the roof edges into your hallway. Not the greatest looking hallway.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 7:15 PM
For the curious: here's Kate Emerald's video tutorial the for the split level stairs, and here some pics of my build with U-shaped stairs and elevated foundation.
Scholar
#103 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 8:09 PM
There's a mod fix out now if you've been hit with aging bug and the link is in the mod creator's tweet about it: https://twitter.com/ScarletQueenKat...221510775144448. I haven't tried it out yet, but reports seem promising. I looked at the files she edited and it was a simple matter of changing a True to False. Can you believe that? Seriously shaking my head on this one. I can't believe Maxis couldn't have pushed out a day of launch fix for this problem.

Oh, and here's another mod fix I just saw and this one's for the broken children of Father Winter: Et alors Vlad! Qui c'est la meilleure?... (Fix broken trait) . The site is French, but there's an English translation for the mod description if you scroll down.
Forum Resident
#104 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 10:22 PM
The size of the world is bitterly disappointing, but overall the EP does seem to be pretty content packed.

It's also got a lot of very small details right. First thing I did was harass a passing celebrity for their autograph and was genuinely surprised to see an actual signed photograph of them appear in my Sim's inventory. I think I've been conditioned not to expect anything tangible coming from that.

Also there's a helmet thing that's basically the Noodlesoother from TS2, which I thought was neat.

I haven't really delved too deeply into acting yet, but I like that there seem to be a lot of different sets, and they haven't been afraid to pinch objects from older EPs to help make them look authentic. I was concerned we'd get only a few different set pieces to act in.
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 1:37 AM
Played the fame game today and thought it was really fun. I don't usually play, since I mostly build. New Build items are cool, especially the rugs.
Inventor
#107 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 2:19 AM
Played it a fair bit now.. I really like it but it is quite buggy especially the actor career and checking with the agency for gigs. Had a few crashes with this EP when visiting community lots, had to rebuild and take out all my custom mods/content.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 5:52 AM
The more I play in Del Sol the more and more cramped and confining it feels. If I want lots of low end families living in the scummy part of town, too bad, unless I'm willing to evict trailer lady there are only two lots. If I want an actual downtown with actual LA things like restaurants and spas and theaters and nightclubs and shops, too bad! There has to be at least one lot taken up for award ceremonies and that leaves three others, unless I'm willing to tear down the tiny park. No lots by the beach, which is just I mean...Los Angeles...beaches...Sure there's no ocean swimming yet but still would've added to the aesthetic and given us much needed space. Plus it would've been a nice spot for mid-range homes. I hate how celebrity sims are stuck in the grungy part of town until they have enough for a glamorous mansion. Surely realistically they'd move their way up from a crap home in a shady spot to a respectable area with a nice house and THEN that huge expensive mansion. LA irl is huge and sprawling, Del Sol Valley feels like the complete opposite. I also hate how this is normal for most of the Sims 4 neighborhoods in general, and how they just expect us to use all the lots across all neighborhoods instead of being able to have room for everything you need in one neighborhood. It really breaks immersion to have to travel what feels like all the way across the world to go to the library. But anyways yeah Del Sol feels like the most cramped world yet (from an expansion anyways). I just want room for all the lots I need in one town dammit. Especially for a town as gorgeous as Del Sol. The lots they give us do not do its world justice.
Forum Resident
#109 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Maybe add witches like Sims 3 Supernatural but more Hogwarty.

There ya go! Now you're talking my language. I lean heavily to the supernatural, magical, and medieval periods. Most of my mods have something to do with those things because they aren't in-game at this time. Even before we got Vampires, I had a vampire mod! Supernatural and Time Traveling, as well as strange worlds & other cultures! That would be great! I guess I'm asking too much huh?
Page 5 of 5