Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
just a girl
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 9:41 PM Last edited by Lamare : 6th Apr 2017 at 8:13 PM.
Default Is it possible to make an object un-placeable in inventory? (Solved)
Most objects can be placed in sim's inventory, but I've noticed it's not the case for windows, doors and objects currently in use. So, I'm guessing it has to do with flags, one of them being "in use". But are there else?

I'd like to make my object un-placeable in inventory, but don't really want to mark it permanently "in use". I've examined a couple of windows in terms of their flags and can't figure out which one in particular prevents placement in inventory. It could be something semi-global, though.

After examining lists of flags, flags 2, flags 3, placement flags, movement flags, I've found no hints on inventory so far. Sure, I can test all of them by trial and error, one by one, but I hope it wouldn't come to this and someone already knows something!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 10:46 AM
Create a BHAV with the exact name "CT - Can Be Put In Personal Inventory" and return false from it.

Param 0 is the NID of the Sim picking the object up. If the object is personal (ie owned by one Sim) you can get clever and return true if the Sim picking it up owns it, false otherwise (it's how the bio-clock in InTeen works)

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
just a girl
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 6:03 PM
Thank you for taking the time to help, and for mentioning additional param. Although I used just a dummy expression, it's nice to know.