Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6501 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
@SneakyWingPhoenix - Wouldn't the "encourage neatness" option pretty much cover that? I mean, it's not gonna make them go on a lot-wide cleaning spree til motives tank, like older sims, but it DOES have the advantages of not costing influence points, AND raising neatness personality traits! =)

That've just makes them clean stuff after themselves or others, but only when they decide it's time. By influencing, I send straight on doing the cleaning and I don't need to queue up every interaction.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#6502 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 9:18 PM
Honestly, I would like to see Toddlers or Children with low aspirations make huge messes like in Sims 4.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Alchemist
#6503 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 2:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
Honestly, I would like to see Toddlers or Children with low aspirations make huge messes like in Sims 4.
This reminds me of something I was working on before my hard drive crashed. Time to pick that project back up.
Alchemist
#6504 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 9:15 PM
a way to check whether or not current packs could run any PACKAGE file; before installing the file.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#6505 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 11:48 PM
I would love more activities separate for teens from adults to further differentiate between them and adults. Proms for instance,as well as the learn to drive thing. Graduation party for teens. Any other ideas?
Mad Poster
#6506 Old 10th Oct 2017 at 11:54 PM
@gdayars - I like the graduation party idea. What if at the end of it, the taxi comes up to take them to college?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#6507 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
I would love more activities separate for teens from adults to further differentiate between them and adults. Proms for instance,as well as the learn to drive thing. Graduation party for teens. Any other ideas?

Hmmmh... Not sure what you'd do to achieve 'prom' as an event, or anything like it, really. Been trying to think of what it would entail to make something like that. How would one execute it? How would it be different from an outing at a community lot? That got me thinking... I DISTINCTLY remember something, but can't find any proof of it, nor anybody else who finds it even remotely familiar... but i recall, in the manual in my game, there being an offer (possibly about registering??) that said that when you sign up, they'd email you little secrets, tips and tricks relative to the game you purchased. And I remember getting an email about taking your sims' parties to community lots. I've looked through my manuals, but the back page on most of them is cut out, cuz I had to send proof of purchase for their "Millions of Copies Sold" BO/GO offer some years ago. I went through all my email to see if I still had the message, and apparently, i do not. But I'm certain i read this, completed it, sent it in, and got an email about having parties on downtown lots... like birthday parties and anniversary parties. ANYONE know what the heck i'm talking about? Did I dream it? Or was I like, totally coked out or something?

Anyway... what's that got to do with your idea? I figured, if you could "throw party" and take your guests downtown to a community lot that you've made to look like a prom decorated high school gym, or some sort of reception hall for dinner and dancing, that might be the closest you'd come to achieving Prom. What else could you alter about the game to achieve it?

Speaking of reception halls... i know (for a FACT, i'm right on this one!!) that sims can now get married on community lots, which is cool. But wouldn't it be kinda cool if the Sims had a bouquet tossing option? Maybe that's something somebody could do for the celebratory theme... Maybe the celebratory theme thread needs an "ideas" sub-thread. hahaha...

-gE
>=)
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#6508 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 12:22 AM
Well that would be cool to have a taxi come take them to college! Kind of like the limo for honeymoons. I am sure that somebody somewhere could come up with a way to do that...

and yes, throwing parties or doing outings out, has always been how I did a prom. but it would be nice if it could be more officially designated that way. Sort of like I used to make groups you could call for scouts outings for kids, and have a family sim that was teen/adult/elder head the group as scout leader to take the kids out on things like camp outs at the local park type thing. The kids wore the clothes as their athletic wear or something.
Mad Poster
#6509 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 12:28 AM
The prom would be cool - maybe there's a way to finagle it so any teen sim that's not occupied at the moment has a chance to show up. In formalwear, too.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#6510 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 12:46 AM
well we could use the formal sign, or change everyone to formal with sim manipulator/insimenator/simblender but it just would be cool if it was a special party/outing type that only shows up for teenagers, and created a custom memory.
Forum Resident
#6511 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 12:57 AM
Oooh, i really love the scouting idea! Would be cool for Nature Enthused children, particularly those that have a membership to the Hobby Lot. It'd be awesome for them to be able to go on camp outs together and stuff like that! Offical SimScouts uniforms and merit/talent badges! Have them learn some sort of oath /pledge, and a secret handshake kind of deal. Have them hunt bugs and stargaze together. That would be so much fun! A SimScouts Camp secret lot, with a lodge and a bunch of outdoorsy crap to do! SimScouts crafts and games and contests... that'd be a hoot!

I think somebody mentioned working on a way to create custom parties. Not sure they made it very far, but custom parties would be a GREAT start, to things like proms. The reason I dont throw weddings on Community lots is cuz you can't have a wedding party there. We REALLY need a team of hacking geniuses and masters to work on cracking the custom parties idea. It has to be possible, since they started out with weddings and birthdays, and added sports parties, then added new years eve parties... (though, i kinda wish that the cops didn't break up new years eve parties at 10pm if the radio's on, or that there was some kind of point to sports parties that made them even slightly different from house parties)

Oooh, there's a brainstorm brewing on the imagination weather forecast!

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#6512 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 1:06 AM
I throw graduation parties - or as I call them, off-to-college parties -all the time. To have the taxi come take them off to college at the end, all you have to do is have them call to move to college within the last half hour of the party.

Now, what I can't do, which would be neat, would be to have an entire "class" hold a graduation party, with a group of teens you plan to have share a residence or dorm, who are all taken off in a bunch. I doubt this is possible under the available code, but what do I know? You'd only get one video at the end (for the lowest-numbered playable, I believe), but you wouldn't have to move an entire age cohort in one at a time, either.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#6513 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 2:01 AM
Some non-video arcade games would be cool. Like skeeball, basketball shooting, a claw machine, that thing where you drop a token in and hope it hits the right slot....
Just video games is kinda boring.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Forum Resident
#6514 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 4:03 AM
Sorry, going back to the scouting thing...

Wouldn't it be cool if, as they earned enthusiasm points and/or talent badges related to nature (fishing, crafting, nature enthusiasm points, cooking, physical fitness, stargazing, etc...) they could unlock different style hats for their uniforms? They would work their way up. A coonskin cap. A garrison cap (note how it sits on the head). A bucket hat (like the tour guides wear). A cadet hat. A beret. A slouch hat (anzac). A scout's hat . It'd sorta use the same type of system that's in use to unlock dog and cat collars. Of course, we'd need scout uniforms, first... But any good mesher could make a decent scout uniform! (i included links to pix of each different hat style, cuz... if you're like me, you know what they look like, but have NO IDEA what the hell they're all called!)

I'm really into this whole SimScouts thing. Wonder if it'd be possible to alter the lemonade stand to sell SimScouts Cookies...

-gE
>=)
Lab Assistant
#6515 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 4:03 AM
I actually have 2 mods that I would LOVE to have, that I am fairly sure are doable. I even took a stab at trying to learn but I couldn't figure it out at all. Both of these, I think, could possibly use the code from Inges AGS system over at Simlogical:

1. Diapers. My idea is that the change diaper interaction on sims and changing tables would be disabled unless the sim has a pack of diapers on the lot or in inventory. I would prefer it if the diaper packs disappeared after 5 or 6 diaper changes. As an added incentive to buy them, I was hoping they could be compatible with gdayers mod to make sims put a fresh diaper on a washed baby/toddler. If no diapers are on lot or inventory, they would put the dirty one back on.

2. Baby formula. No feed baby interaction on fridges for babies (or toddler bottles) unless baby formula is on lot or in inventory. Disappears after 5 or 6 uses. This would encourage nursing a bit, too.

Both of these things could be OFB sellable to help make a proper baby store.

Anyway, I really hope others like these ideas because I would love to see it get made. I looked at the AGS code as a base and it is NOT a good starting ground for the inexperienced.

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
Mad Poster
#6516 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 4:35 AM
I would love a way to buy copies of written novels without needing both OFB and the mod that allows novels to be resocked. Just an option on the computer to order a novel online, perhaps priced differently based on how well the book sold? My Film and Lit hobbyists are constantly asking to read novels, but with only one copy of a single book ever in existence, how are they ever meant to get novels? The want isn't worth nearly enough to be worth the bother, but it just ends up contributing to the whole "oh right, this is one of the bad hobbies" problem. :/

Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
I DISTINCTLY remember something, but can't find any proof of it, nor anybody else who finds it even remotely familiar... but i recall, in the manual in my game, there being an offer (possibly about registering??) that said that when you sign up, they'd email you little secrets, tips and tricks relative to the game you purchased. And I remember getting an email about taking your sims' parties to community lots. I've looked through my manuals, but the back page on most of them is cut out, cuz I had to send proof of purchase for their "Millions of Copies Sold" BO/GO offer some years ago. I went through all my email to see if I still had the message, and apparently, i do not. But I'm certain i read this, completed it, sent it in, and got an email about having parties on downtown lots... like birthday parties and anniversary parties. ANYONE know what the heck i'm talking about? Did I dream it? Or was I like, totally coked out or something?

All I know is that in TS3 you could throw parties on community lots. I never did, because you had to pay to rent the venue and I never had an occasion that felt worth the trouble. But maybe that's what your'e thinking about?
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#6517 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 5:04 AM Last edited by gdayars : 11th Oct 2017 at 5:15 AM. Reason: I obviously can't count
Actually the diaper thing was all Gummi she is working on some other things for our part three of the pack that I think will fit in nicely for what you are wanting tho @bloodstained_black_lace that go along with that concept well!
Lab Assistant
#6518 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 5:13 AM
Gdayars, so there is a chance that the diapers and baby formula might actually get made?! That is so exciting! I have wanted that since the game came out (I'm all about making things harder for my sims).

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
Mad Poster
#6519 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 5:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Some non-video arcade games would be cool. Like skeeball, basketball shooting, a claw machine, that thing where you drop a token in and hope it hits the right slot....
Just video games is kinda boring.

Crocobaura made a Football table. Sadly it doesn't work for me; it keeps throwing errors, but you might have better luck.

https://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=190519
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#6520 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 1:11 PM
Mad Poster
#6521 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
He has a friendly policy....

You mean for alterations? I already tried that, but I couldn't figure out what the problem was.
Scholar
#6522 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
You mean for alterations? I already tried that, but I couldn't figure out what the problem was.

Add one more constant to it's only constant list, the default value is zero. That constant is for the price per 'loop', probably didn't exist in basegame where the Football Table was likely to have been cloned from.
Top Secret Researcher
#6523 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 3:04 PM
Oh, foosball . I was trying to figure out what the heck a "football table" was or why you'd link it. Then I actually looked.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#6524 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Add one more constant to it's only constant list, the default value is zero. That constant is for the price per 'loop', probably didn't exist in basegame where the Football Table was likely to have been cloned from.

Thank you! That totally fixed it!
just a girl
#6525 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 3:27 PM
I tested community lot wedding parties and had no trouble (so far). They even went on honeymoons right from there. I wish I new why the devs disabled parties on community lots in the first place; if there's a good reason or not.
Page 261 of 582