Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 12:45 AM Last edited by Shanna86 : 22nd Oct 2013 at 1:01 AM.
Default Recoloring non-recolorable object
I've been digging through old posts about this and haven't had much luck finding helpful information.

The Industrial Oven from the Store comes with a menu for sims to order food. It is not recolorable and it drives me nuts! I know how to do texture replacements and could just change the colors to black and white or something else more neutral than the current red, but I'd like a bit more variety than that. Can anyone explain to me, or link me to a tutorial if I missed it, on how to add the option to recolor an object? Currently the menu .package only has two dds files, one is the current menu texture, the other is for the scorched state. I've fiddled around with the Texture Tweaker and TSRW but I'm not sure what I need to add in order to create different variations of the menu. Using the original texture I was at least able to layout a mask to define recolorable areas, but I can't just import it into the package as is, I think there are steps I'm missing.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Screenshots
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 8:12 AM
Hi there is a tutorial here http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo....php?topic=2241 that tells you how to make a non-castable object have 4 castable channels, using my tool TextureTweaker3. BTW, just so you use the right words when explaining things, we call it CASTable when something can be taken into Create-a-style in the game, and it's recoloring when you are doing another fixed color option for a non-CASTable item.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 9:02 PM
Thanks for the link! And for the correct vocabulary!