Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#2651 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldbear
I remember such a conversation there. I can’t remember if that was the topic that said other developers laugh at fans for not understanding how difficult it is to make the sims 4.

I agree, there has never been any real need before now. This is the first sims release that I have seen that has divided fans so much. Not saying the sims 3 was universally loved but it didn’t cause this divide.

The lack of consequence in 4 is a major, major flaw.

Well the thread has been closed now, thanks to the ass kissing Sims4 lovers who can't contribute anything without hijacking the thread and getting it so off topic that we can't have a decent conversation....but anyway... the topic was about Stuff packs, and how EA/Maxis is breaking them up to make more money than what they are worth. somehow in all the attempts to get it back on topic, there was mention of someone should take over the franchise and make a whole new game... Of course I'm all for that. But there is no way to have that conversation over there, cause those TS4 gamers are so brainwashed you can't talk any sense into them.

But yes... there has been no consequence for what they have done with TS4... I was looking at the stuff packs today.... and here is how blatant a rip off these stuff packs are... Backyard stuff pack, Perfect patio stuff, and Romantic Garden stuff.... That shit should have all been in one stuff pack. The Vintage Glamor and Luxury Party stuff packs should have been one pack. Bowling, Fitness, and Movie hangout stuff pack should have been in the Get together pack. Kids room, Toddler, and Laundry stuff packs should have been a part of the Parenthood game pack. Dining out should have included the Kitchen Stuff pack, and of course My first pet stuff should have been included in Cats and Dogs... So what does that leave us with.... it would give us 3 stuff packs...that's it. Shit for your backyard, Luxury vintage crap, and Spooky stuff. 14 stuff packs that really only should be 3.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2652 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thevogel
Well the thread has been closed now, thanks to the ass kissing Sims4 lovers who can't contribute anything without hijacking the thread and getting it so off topic that we can't have a decent conversation....but anyway... the topic was about Stuff packs, and how EA/Maxis is breaking them up to make more money than what they are worth. somehow in all the attempts to get it back on topic, there was mention of someone should take over the franchise and make a whole new game... Of course I'm all for that. But there is no way to have that conversation over there, cause those TS4 gamers are so brainwashed you can't talk any sense into them.

But yes... there has been no consequence for what they have done with TS4... I was looking at the stuff packs today.... and here is how blatant a rip off these stuff packs are... Backyard stuff pack, Perfect patio stuff, and Romantic Garden stuff.... That shit should have all been in one stuff pack. The Vintage Glamor and Luxury Party stuff packs should have been one pack. Bowling, Fitness, and Movie hangout stuff pack should have been in the Get together pack. Kids room, Toddler, and Laundry stuff packs should have been a part of the Parenthood game pack. Dining out should have included the Kitchen Stuff pack, and of course My first pet stuff should have been included in Cats and Dogs... So what does that leave us with.... it would give us 3 stuff packs...that's it. Shit for your backyard, Luxury vintage crap, and Spooky stuff. 14 stuff packs that really only should be 3.

I was on that thread. Frustrating was not the word. Trying to have a conversation with some of the sims 4 crowd is like talking to a brick wall. I can see similar threads ongoing there going the exact same way.

Oh but remember each of those packs was The most fleshed out ever . Apparently. The only thing that has changed with 4 is the quality has decreased and prices increased. There is no need for the amount of shite we get as a stuff pack. But to a certain extent I think the community has to take some responsibility. If it didn't sell, EA wouldn't keep doing it.

There is a lot of want for a pool stuff pack and Graham has said he has considered it. No offence to those that want it but I just don't think it's worthy of a single pack.
Field Researcher
#2653 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 10:32 PM
I was on that thread. Frustrating was not the word. Trying to have a conversation with some of the sims 4 crowd is like talking to a brick wall. I can see similar threads ongoing there going the exact same way.

Oh but remember each of those packs was The most fleshed out ever . Apparently. The only thing that has changed with 4 is the quality has decreased and prices increased. There is no need for the amount of shite we get as a stuff pack. But to a certain extent I think the community has to take some responsibility. If it didn't sell, EA wouldn't keep doing it.

There is a lot of want for a pool stuff pack and Graham has said he has considered it. No offence to those that want it but I just don't think it's worthy of a single pack.

Yeah there are 2 other threads in the feedback section right now that one particular Sims4 fan is always hijacking and comparing TS3 and then throwing TS3 under the bus to make some sort of idiotic point that has nothing to do with the thread topic... yeah is beyond mind numbing at this point.

Yeah....to make a stuff pack just for Pools... oh man, that would be awful... cause you know they won't make lounge chairs..... I've said it on this forum before....the reason I stopped buying stuff for TS4 was because one of the gurus said that "lounge chairs are too hard to make due to the animations". There would be like 3 new things and the rest would be recolors of meshes that are already in the game. Again, they can spend time and money on a talking toilet, but they can't make a functional elevator or lounge chairs???!!!

At this point, without the quarterly teaser, I don't think anyone can really make a real guess at what is coming next anyway. Whatever it is, it will be half of what was expected or something completely useless. I still think they are going to move forward with everything going to a new console or mobile... anything else for the PC/mac will be recolors for more Stuff packs. And that will be just so they squeeze as much cash out of the sheep as possible. If it's seasons... oh god... that's where that pool stuff pack will come in. What do you want to bet, that if they do a Seasons EP that they will do a Stuff pack for each season. Pool stuff (minus the Lounger) for summer, probably just different clothes for fall, shit to make a snowman for winter, and something to do with gardening for spring. it would be lame as hell. and $10.00 bucks each.
Field Researcher
#2654 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 11:52 PM
Yeah there are 2 other threads in the feedback section right now that one particular Sims4 fan is always hijacking and comparing TS3 and then throwing TS3 under the bus to make some sort of idiotic point that has nothing to do with the thread topic... yeah is beyond mind numbing at this point.

Yeah....to make a stuff pack just for Pools... oh man, that would be awful... cause you know they won't make lounge chairs..... I've said it on this forum before....the reason I stopped buying stuff for TS4 was because one of the gurus said that "lounge chairs are too hard to make due to the animations". There would be like 3 new things and the rest would be recolors of meshes that are already in the game. Again, they can spend time and money on a talking toilet, but they can't make a functional elevator or lounge chairs???!!!

At this point, without the quarterly teaser, I don't think anyone can really make a real guess at what is coming next anyway. Whatever it is, it will be half of what was expected or something completely useless. I still think they are going to move forward with everything going to a new console or mobile... anything else for the PC/mac will be recolors for more Stuff packs. And that will be just so they squeeze as much cash out of the sheep as possible. If it's seasons... oh god... that's where that pool stuff pack will come in. What do you want to bet, that if they do a Seasons EP that they will do a Stuff pack for each season. Pool stuff (minus the Lounger) for summer, probably just different clothes for fall, shit to make a snowman for winter, and something to do with gardening for spring. it would be lame as hell. and $10.00 bucks each.

Ah yes I think I know who you mean. If only a critic could get away with that behaviour...

Did Graham really say that? What's the point of a pool stuff pack then? No doubt if it ever sees the light of day it will contain lots more swim wear re colours and a new bathroom set and coffee table. They seem obsessed with them these days.

I think Seasons will be four separate packs or the lightest EP to date with more stuff packs added later. I will eat my hat if it's better or more in depth then the sims 2 or 3.
Field Researcher
#2655 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 12:09 AM
Ah yes I think I know who you mean. If only a critic could get away with that behaviour...

Did Graham really say that? What's the point of a pool stuff pack then? No doubt if it ever sees the light of day it will contain lots more swim wear re colours and a new bathroom set and coffee table. They seem obsessed with them these days.

I think Seasons will be four separate packs or the lightest EP to date with more stuff packs added later. I will eat my hat if it's better or more in depth then the sims 2 or 3.

Oh you won't be eating your hat then, cause nothing they have done in TS4 has been better than TS2 or TS3. This version of the franchise sucks ass. And yes, I do believe it was Graham who said it.... I'm trying to remember if it was on twitch or some sort of twitter discussion, but I would have to look it up... I just remember uninstalling the game after that and not buying another damn thing. I should have know better after dishing out the cash for the empty base game that played like a demo.

I agree about seasons though... it will be less than nothing if they do manage to push that out... and then all the content will be broken up an sold as stuff packs. it will be lots of useless mismatched chairs.
Top Secret Researcher
#2656 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 4:52 AM
Oh you won't be eating your hat then, cause nothing they have done in TS4 has been better than TS2 or TS3. This version of the franchise sucks ass.

I wouldn't say nothing. CAS is certainly better, Gallery is also better. I would say Vampires definitely are better, and the cats and dogs behavior (apart from the whole non controllable thingy) is arguably better. Night clubs and bars are better than The Sims 3 (everyone still remember empty "hopping hot spots"?).

Restaurant/Business/Apartment I prefer The Sims 2 implementations though. And Create A Style from TS3.
Theorist
#2657 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 5:18 AM
Oh you won't be eating your hat then, cause nothing they have done in TS4 has been better than TS2 or TS3. This version of the franchise sucks ass. And yes, I do believe it was Graham who said it.... I'm trying to remember if it was on twitch or some sort of twitter discussion, but I would have to look it up... I just remember uninstalling the game after that and not buying another damn thing. I should have know better after dishing out the cash for the empty base game that played like a demo.

I agree about seasons though... it will be less than nothing if they do manage to push that out... and then all the content will be broken up an sold as stuff packs. it will be lots of useless mismatched chairs.

Don't forget all of the amazing new rugs they'll include to fluff up the build/buy item numbers without having to do any actual work.
Mad Poster
#2658 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 5:53 AM
There are some things I like in 4 very much such as the ability to move the whole building, the 3 room heights, the height adjustments for windows and other items. The way the foundation works. The resize cheats. And the search. But overall I still prefer 3. When building in 3 I miss things like that.

And it is shame that true restaurants were never done in 3. I like having them again in 4.
Lab Assistant
#2659 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 5:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Don't forget all of the amazing new rugs they'll include to fluff up the build/buy item numbers without having to do any actual work.

The rugs are nothing, what about the shit ton of wall stickers nobody ever uses?
Mad Poster
#2660 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 5:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keysmash
The rugs are nothing, what about the shit ton of wall stickers nobody ever uses?

LOL I was just going to say something about the wall stickers!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2661 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 2:30 PM
Ironically, they devs don’t even use them that often. Maybe in a kid’s room or the odd community lot, but decals usually exist to exist. Brute cute, but the novelty wears fast since most walls are usually down unless you need to see them.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#2662 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 6:17 PM
They could make an entire Stuff pack for just useless shit. Knick Knack crap that doesn't go with anything, hideous rugs & Curtains that don't and won't ever match anything cause of the limited and horrible color swatches.. Chairs chairs and more chairs. and here's some ugly damn wall stickers and recolors of the most unpopular plants ever.
Top Secret Researcher
#2663 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 12:35 AM
"Oh my God it's full of chairs."
Theorist
#2664 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG

At least LGR would be entertained xD
Field Researcher
#2665 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 4:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG

Mad Poster
#2666 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 5:01 AM
LEAKED PHOTO OF THEIR NEXT UPCOMING STUFF PACK:
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2667 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 5:01 AM
They could make an entire Stuff pack for just useless shit. Knick Knack crap that doesn't go with anything, hideous rugs & Curtains that don't and won't ever match anything cause of the limited and horrible color swatches.. Chairs chairs and more chairs. and here's some ugly damn wall stickers and recolors of the most unpopular plants ever.

Basically...

Theorist
#2668 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 9:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Basically...

.-. as though bowling night stuff was any better?
At least this one came with a popcorn maker from which toddlers can help themselves and STFU 'till I can get someone to cook food. The popcorn never spoils so it's a bit convenient to always have lying around for them. I'm sure popcorn is totally safe for toddlers irl, right? Highly recommend this. Am good parent.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2669 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 4:32 PM
At least the mid century stuff in bowling night can be used to mix with a variety of interior design styles (mid century design is perfect). Not all of it, but more than enough, even if your bowling alley will look like a living room. Movie Hangout? Ehh...

Field Researcher
#2670 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
At least the mid century stuff in bowling night can be used to mix with a variety of interior design styles (mid century design is perfect). Not all of it, but more than enough, even if your bowling alley will look like a living room. Movie Hangout? Ehh...

Mid Century really is a great style...too bad they couldn't be bothered to make a really full Stuff pack for that style alone. The backyard crap was the last thing I bought.... I had such a feeling of being ripped off that I couldn't bring myself to purchase anything else after that.

I feel so bad for everyone who bought these packs, hoping it would give the game some sort of depth... Hell I feel like an idiot for buying as much as I did before finally saying no more. Amazing to me how many people are dissatisfied with almost every Pack in this game, and yet EA just continues to pump this crap out like it's gold. Of course it doesn't help that the sheep are too blind to notice what a rip off it is.

I wonder when they are going to be done with the whole thing? Or How much more deviant with DLC for DLC they are willing to get before people finally stop buying it?
Field Researcher
#2671 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 10:23 PM
Mid Century really is a great style...too bad they couldn't be bothered to make a really full Stuff pack for that style alone. The backyard crap was the last thing I bought.... I had such a feeling of being ripped off that I couldn't bring myself to purchase anything else after that.

I feel so bad for everyone who bought these packs, hoping it would give the game some sort of depth... Hell I feel like an idiot for buying as much as I did before finally saying no more. Amazing to me how many people are dissatisfied with almost every Pack in this game, and yet EA just continues to pump this crap out like it's gold. Of course it doesn't help that the sheep are too blind to notice what a rip off it is.

I wonder when they are going to be done with the whole thing? Or How much more deviant with DLC for DLC they are willing to get before people finally stop buying it?

Ea will keep milking the cow until it passes out. And as long as people are happy to pay for it.
Field Researcher
#2672 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 12:54 AM
Ea will keep milking the cow until it passes out. And as long as people are happy to pay for it.

I know right!!?? I guess all there is to do now is, grab a drink, some popcorn and wait for the next disgusting rip off pack to be announced. Let the drama comence.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2673 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 2:53 AM
I don’t have a drop of pity for anyone who buys these packs. If they’re buying stuff packs, they have internet access. They can easily wait for a review and see what does and doesn’t work, but if they buy them knowing they dislike them or just to fill in a grey circle, they get exactly what they pay for.

It’s not like we were promised the world and tricked into buying some BS without any way to tell otherwise. These are behavior patterns that have existed on their behalf for years.

Forum Resident
#2674 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 4:17 PM
*comes up from the abyss of inactivity*

*sees that we now have dlc for our dlc*

*sinks back into the abyss of inactivity*

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Mad Poster
#2675 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 11:13 PM
I know right!!?? I guess all there is to do now is, grab a drink, some popcorn and wait for the next disgusting rip off pack to be announced. Let the drama comence.

Kind of approach I have mostly for the upcoming expansion pack. Seasons will have a chance to find people's heart (because isn't just snow pretty ?), but as for other themes: we know they will suck regardless and be on equal foot with CL/GTW. Really curious what they think it's worth our time staying tune for their upcoming EA Play announcement when we all can anticipate that it's gonna be crap as usual.
Page 107 of 141