Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 3:52 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default IKEA and H&M content not showing in game.
Hello, everyone!

So, I was just installing all of the sims 2 games on my new laptop. Everything has gone well, it handles fine and custom content is no problem. However it was only when i was installing an add-on piece of CC for an ikea set when i noticed something.. all of the Ikea and H&M content just... wasn't there.

I checked all through buy mode, build mode and body shop, and got nothing. However the collection files for them are there, which suggests that the packs did install properly. I thought it might have been because they were the only two with ® in the file name, and maybe that was causing the game to not recognize them, but removing the symbol did nothing.

I'm unsure if this is a commonly encountered problem, but my searches suggest not. If anyone could provide any insight as to why this is happening, it would be great! I'm just glad it's not a more important expansion pack that is funked up.

System specs below:
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 4:59 PM
The items from H&M and IKEA disappeared on me once a few years ago, though in my case it happened out of the blue after being installed for years. I never figured out what caused it.

When I asked about it on another forum, an experienced simmer I trusted told me to just reinstall those two stuff packs. I did, and all the stuff showed up again. (Note: my installation was exclusively from original CDs at the time of first release - no collection packs.)

By no means am I claiming to be an expert on this subject, just sharing what worked for me. Hopefully more people will be able to shed some light on this issue.

Good luck!

Build a City Challenge on LiveJournal: Mesa Vista: my BaCC for fun
Mesa Vista Running list of chapters
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 5:41 PM
I would agree with Lorin - this seems to happen occasionally and I don't know why. I lost my Xmas pack stuff at one point. A reinstallation replaced it. It must be something to do with the objects package but don't ask me what. I'd do a few things: 1. back up your save games and downloads just in case; 2. reinstall the missing SPs; 3. make your objects.package read only.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 11:09 PM
Do they need to uninstall the SP's first though before reinstalling?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 11:20 PM
...I can't believe I didn't think of just reinstalling those SPs! Silly me, I'll try that right away.

(uninstalling them wont affect my game much, right?)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Do they need to uninstall the SP's first though before reinstalling?

Well I didn't with the Xmas pack - it's a bit of a mystery tbh what happens in these cases. It worked anyway but, as I said, a back up is in order before you try it. Gazania had a similar problem though I'm not sure she fixed it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 12:18 AM
I don't think that worked for Gazania, but the xmas pack is a wonky thing, it doesn't even have an uninstall option and it doesn't come across to AGS (or didn't for me) which was a pain as I rather liked the single candle and some of the lights.

Uninstaling the SP should not do anything much, just make the things disappear, but yours have already disappeared. I would do a backup first though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#8 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 1:25 AM
I couldn't remember for sure if I reinstalled without uninstalling first, but I thought I just reinstalled the two SPs without uninstalling first (but definitely backed up my Sims2 folder first). I found my original post asking about this problem on the old boolprop website through Wayback Machine, but unfortunately the topic wasn't archived.

Just did a general Google search on this issue, and found this post by the wonderful Mootilda :lovestruc :
Quote:
Mootilda 22nd Jun 2010 7:10 AM
This is a known problem with some of the later packs. When installing an EP or SP, the game will uninstall some earlier EPs and SPs. Just reinstall them and you should be find.

I've never seen the AnyGameStarter uninstall things, but it was made before the collection packs were released, so there may be a problem. If reinstalling doesn't fix your problems, you might want to check out the AGS thread to see whether anyone else has had this problem with the collection packs.

(Not exactly the same issue, but I think we're on the right track...)

source: http://modthesims.info/t/printthread.php?t=408631

Build a City Challenge on LiveJournal: Mesa Vista: my BaCC for fun
Mesa Vista Running list of chapters
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 1:56 AM
Thanks for finding that Lorin.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 9:26 AM
I uninstalled Kitchen&Bath once and had no problems, the furniture from it I had used had to be replaced, and the sims sporting hairstyles/outfits from that SP got some base game hair instead but that's it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 1:28 PM
I've backed up all my downloads, saved sims and hoods, and I've decided to just reinstall the entire game from scratch as I noticed other small things missing (no vehicles, for example, even though other nightlife stuff was present)

Currently halfway there, hope it works!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 20th Apr 2015 at 10:43 PM
I'm having the same problem with the Ultimate Collection: The items from the Ikea Stuff Pack do not show up. I suspect some more is lacking as well, but I haven't got around to check completely. Anyway, I tried to reinstall, but it didn't help. Anyone else having this problem with Ultimate?

I've got all the DVD's at back my parents', but I'm not heading home before the summer vacation, so it'd be nice to get this fixed. My current computer lacks a DVD drive as well, so I'd have to get an external one if it turns out I've got to do it the old way
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 12:25 AM
You could try repairing your game with UC - right-click on the icon in Origin and the option shows up there.

Mad Poster
#14 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 1:11 AM
If doing the repair option does not work and being that UC is supported by EA, if I was you I would turn in a support ticket on this.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#15 Old 21st Apr 2015 at 7:57 AM
Ever since I started playing, before UC and after UC, some cc items did not show up. Only a few, though, mostly floors. I have concluded that, if something does not show up, I'd probably be better off without it. However, I wonder if it is possible that some items simply overwrite others? Because then one has to choose, I think.I never had any problem finding the game's items, though.