Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 4:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Apartment problem
So i have the following problem:
I have 4 families in an apartment building. While I play with the main family, the other ones will go outside to the playground and can't go back in. I use move_objects on to put them in front of the door of their apartments again, and they will just go back to the playground and complain they are sleepy or hungry,
I've also noticed that only 1 townie is living there while many apartments are empty (usually they get all filled).

I tried to look for an answer for this but can't find. Please can someone help? (I don't use any mod for apartments, and yes I built the lot myself)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 5:07 PM
With problem apartments, it's always a good idea to post a screenshot of the floorplan. Apartments are very tricky to build, and most of the serious problems that arise in them turn out to be due to an unexpected oversight in the build phase. Use a screenshot program, not the game camera, as sometimes the detail is small and difficult to make out. (Which is why you didn't notice it yourself.)

A mod doesn't have to be directly related to apartments to cause a problem there, so you might amuse yourself by pulling the downloads folder (after you back up the neighborhood, of course!) and seeing what happens while you're waiting for people to chime in.

Also, do you have any mods that suppress the creation of townies? If so, which ones?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
With problem apartments, it's always a good idea to post a screenshot of the floorplan. Apartments are very tricky to build, and most of the serious problems that arise in them turn out to be due to an unexpected oversight in the build phase. Use a screenshot program, not the game camera, as sometimes the detail is small and difficult to make out. (Which is why you didn't notice it yourself.)

A mod doesn't have to be directly related to apartments to cause a problem there, so you might amuse yourself by pulling the downloads folder (after you back up the neighborhood, of course!) and seeing what happens while you're waiting for people to chime in.

Also, do you have any mods that suppress the creation of townies? If so, which ones?

No I barely use mods... not even the uncensor one because I'm too lazy.
I'm 90% sure it's a building problem, but as you said I still have no idea what. What is a screenshot program? Thanks for answer
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 6:49 PM
It's a program that lets you take a picture of the entire screen, so that you can show us exactly what's there to be seen.

There's a number of good free ones available. Most people use Fraps or Gadwin. Install the one that seems most intuitive to you. In build mode, set the view to the one from above, then hit TAB mode and use the q, w, e, a, x, and arrow keys to take good clear bird's eye view shots of the layout of the apartments. The usual hotkey to take pictures is F10. You'll figure it out.

Most computers also have a Print Screen function, theoretically, but newer ones don't like to take pictures of games except in windowed mode.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
It's a program that lets you take a picture of the entire screen, so that you can show us exactly what's there to be seen.

There's a number of good free ones available. Most people use Fraps or Gadwin. Install the one that seems most intuitive to you. In build mode, set the view to the one from above, then hit TAB mode and use the q, w, e, a, x, and arrow keys to take good clear bird's eye view shots of the layout of the apartments. The usual hotkey to take pictures is F10. You'll figure it out.

Most computers also have a Print Screen function, theoretically, but newer ones don't like to take pictures of games except in windowed mode.

Ah I see. I tried many things without a program. Deleted apartments, deleted things on the external area and nothing...
Had to build a new apartment. Sighs
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Jan 2017 at 8:49 PM
Thanks for your help