Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 7:15 PM
Default Got Crafts?
Post your crafty stuff here!!

I can't draw to save my life... but I can make cute little dudes out of old towels!

You can't really see it but the green one has a couple of strands of thread for hair

Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 7:22 PM
They're really adorable! I'd buy one, if they were for sale!
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 7:23 PM
Oh yay! They are the first and only two I've ever made... lol
Instructor
#4 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 8:13 PM
Aw, those are so cute! Definitely something I'd be interested in buying. Lovely! And what a great talent to have! :D
#5 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 8:45 PM
aww so cute id buy one they remind me of those things on the car adverts that go "come on"
#6 Old 19th Oct 2007 at 8:47 PM
they are pretty cool i can make that kind of thing too becuase i can sew but i can't draw very well
Forum Resident
#7 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 12:37 PM
They're fun, they look a bit like voodoo dolls!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 12:42 PM
Those are cute! I used to knit teddybears a few years ago.
Instructor
#9 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 1:13 PM
What cute little dolls!

Well, I make jewelry as a hobby. Here are a couple of examples. First is a choker necklace made from Iolite, second a bracelet made from periodot, last a bracelet made from glass teardrops.

Any other jewelry makers out there?!?!
#10 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 1:19 PM
Zaggytiddies - Strange but cute. I like the one on the left the most...love the thin arms and the cross-patch on his body. You've found a creative, and possibly money making, use for old towels.

MissTech - Lovely jewelry! I especially like the first and third one.
#11 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 2:56 PM
Default :) this reminds me of my friend who made animal dolls .
this is her hand made dolls if I may share it with you, she used to exchange them with other flickr members who made dolls also.

this is her flickr place if you are interested.

I think your dolls are full of potential in becoming even more then what they are now. much like when I first see my friends dolls, now she has a lable of her own making her dolls.

which reminds me she also make hand-sewn / bound books a very hardworking mom of 2.
Scholar
Original Poster
#12 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 4:00 PM
MissTech... very pretty jewlery. The last one is my favorite.

nixie Thanks! Those dolls are awesome. Perhaps I will try to make more of mine and sell them. I am a stay at home mom and would like to remain that way.
Former Incubator of Tiberius
retired moderator
#13 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zaggytiddies
I can't draw to save my life... but I can make cute little dudes out of old towels!
You can't really see it but the green one has a couple of strands of thread for hair

ADORABLE, I can't sew or do anything with fabric to save my life (LOL)
I love these however, they are delightful!

SIXAMSIMS @ TUMBLR
SIXAMSIMS @ LJ
- S2/S3 Sims For Download
Tiberius Arthur Glover - 06/09/09 / Atticus Oliver Leigh Glover - 08/12/09
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#14 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 8:07 PM
Those look lovely, MissTech!

I used to work in the jewelry-making field: retail sales, buying, doing shows, teaching classes, and writing manuals.

Some of the stuff I made:

(Okay so it's not quite jewelry, but ooooh shiiiiiny.)

(That's me modeling that one... I just love that picture...)

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Former Incubator of Tiberius
retired moderator
#15 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I used to work in the jewelry-making field: retail sales, buying, doing shows, teaching classes, and writing manuals.
Some of the stuff I made:

BLING on that phone HP, must shield eyes!!!!

SIXAMSIMS @ TUMBLR
SIXAMSIMS @ LJ
- S2/S3 Sims For Download
Tiberius Arthur Glover - 06/09/09 / Atticus Oliver Leigh Glover - 08/12/09
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 8:50 PM
Cute dolls! I like them!

Wow guys, so much pretty jewellery... so pretty

I've got one thing that I've been working on.... I made these little guys out of sculpy. they aren't painted yet, but i'll prolly do it tomorrow. the two on the left are cats, the middle one is a bear, and the one on the right is a bunny. I hope they'll be cute when I'm done.

Eagles may soar, but bunnies don't get sucked into jet engines
Instructor
#17 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm

Wow! How beautiful your creations are! Looks like some bead-weaving in there, which I just cannot do! Love the dragonflies and the pic of you modeling... that looks beautiful- you and the jewelry. (I am semi-new to jewelry, so mine arent nearly as nice, but heck, maybe with practice!)

alayaya- Those little sculptures look adorable already! Please post another when they are done so we can see. (Love your hs ring in the background too! Pretty. I just ordered my son his class ring for class of 2010.)
#18 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 2:32 PM
ahh they are realy cool alayaya
i knitted a little bear yesterday and this morning i will post a pic when i manage to get one
but i didn't realise how crafty some people on this forum are.
Banned
#19 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 8:38 PM
HystericalParoxysm: Your jewelry is beautiful! I love the phone also!

Here's some jewlery I made out of fimo. I don't make crafts very often.
A Hello Kitty hairclip:

An Ice Cream necklace:

A Strawberry necklace:

A Strawberry hairpin:

A Watermellon hairpin:

A Flower hairclip:
#20 Old 24th Oct 2007 at 10:39 PM
wow you make some really cute things!

I really love them! All of them! ^^
Banned
#21 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 2:56 AM
Thank you!
Field Researcher
#22 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 12:13 AM
Ooh, such talent! Zaggy, those little creatures are fantastic. They remind me a lot of the cartoon "Emo" creatures that you find a lot on myspace comments. They are definately items that I would purchase for myself and a friend of mine. Keep up the good work, you never know where it may lead!

All of the jewelry is gorgeous! I tried that once, and made a decent bracelet, but it's not something I am terribly talented at... unfortunately. :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 3rd Nov 2007 at 6:06 PM
Here are some more of my guys. Both are unfinished as I sewed the bugs feet on backwards and I'm so tired of redoing that one they may stay that way...lol The other is just a head thus far

#24 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 4:58 PM
HP: Your phone is just to die for.

I have no good pictures, cause my digital camera is one crappy "free gift" from a book-club: But, I found an old violin and Im going to take up playing it (a very eerie sound to begin with). I also like to paint on glass and tile.
The pic is the tile Im working on now, called "tiger lily". (the blue spot in the corner is reflections from the lamp, you also cant see the gold hue added to the orange (have to convince my husband we need a better camera... :hmm: ) anywayz....2:d pic is my kitchen-tile. I decided I like it.Next project is painting an old lamp-shade. And painting white tea-mugs. May they make great Christmas-gifts!