Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 7:30 AM
Default MATY words help
I lurk at MATY every once in a while and I decided to read about the premium content fixes . I found several words I don't understand the meaning, particularly "decrapped", "decrappified", or "PEBKAC". What do they all mean? I guess I need a MATY dictionary... :/
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 7:35 AM
PEBCAK = problem exists between computer and keyboard (ie user error)
decrapifying is the act of unpacking a sims3pack with a tool Pescado wrote that decrypts store content. This is probably against EA's terms of use, which is why all such matters remain on MATY where their trademark is not to care about such rules.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 3:08 PM
What happens when you decrappify a sims3pack file? Also, what is arr'd / arred premium content? :o
transmogrified
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 3:11 PM
"arr" is the native tongue of piracy, and that topic is not allowed on MTS. If you have questions about MATY, please ask them at MATY.
Inventor
#5 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 4:42 PM
^^^^
Hey at least it's not another person who's trying to register there asking for help on things like the swallow question. I honestly thought that's what it was going to be myself when I clicked this thread....
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
"arr" is the native tongue of piracy, and that topic is not allowed on MTS. If you have questions about MATY, please ask them at MATY.

Y'know, I'm not sure I'd advise someone to risk that. arrrr...

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#7 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Y'know, I'm not sure I'd advise someone to risk that. arrrr...

Right, the last time I saw someone ask that question in MATY, the answer was something in the lines of, "Why don't you buy the original EA Store items, since you are definitely incapable of searching, let alone decrapifying the objects yourself," <- and that's the more polite version.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#8 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vhanster
Right, the last time I saw someone ask that question in MATY, the answer was something in the lines of, "Why don't you buy the original EA Store items

Awesome! Since that's MTS's policy.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 6:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo

I can't sign up there, and I'm pretty sure they'll bite the newbies who ask questions like this. I wish I didn't have to ask either. x_x But still, thanks for all the answers!

Curious me always wants to know the MATY terms, but not necessarily mean I'll get the arr'd thingies or not... Most probably I won't anyway. I always look for fixes.
#10 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 8:48 AM
There's not a huge amount going on at MATY sims-wise now, anyway. Apart from AM and the couple of tools Pes made, most of the content is only relevant to the MATY regulars.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Theorist
#11 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 6:22 AM
Basically, you should just Google. Because the forum members are certainly not going to help
Mad Poster
#12 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 10:28 PM
I've got one. MATYans sometime refer to Pescado as "The FOJ". I've never been able to figure out what FOJ means.
#13 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 10:31 PM
Fat obstreporus jerk.

Er, wrong spelling probably but you get the idea

Theorist
#14 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 10:33 PM
Obstreperous...had to google it.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 10:38 PM
I can't believe I didn't figure that out, since that's the description under his username.

Thanks, y'all!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 2:36 PM
I guess I once googled "decrappified" before, but the result is not even close... :/
Site Helper
#17 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 3:37 PM
Actually, the definition of "decrappified" is probably completely correct: removing unwanted junk.

EA added a lot of junk to their store items to try to prevent piracy. Pes removed the junk.
Scholar
#18 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Honeywell
Obstreperous...had to google it.
If I wanted the official definition I'd have to do that too... however, just going by Pes's posts, I've gained a pretty good idea already!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.