Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 7:28 AM
Default "auto save"
Graham or somebody said that ts4 would feature an "auto save" but i don't see this anywhere.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 7:30 AM
I have no clue. There's no icon or anything like in other modern games indicating the game is saving on it's own.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 7:34 AM
i KNOW it has never auto saved because it has crashed (thanks EA..) without saving my progress. i know in gta 4 and 5 there's a saving icon that appears after you've done a mission and it auto saves as you're playing.. i was hoping it would be something like that.
Theorist
#4 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 7:35 AM
OH! OH MY GOSH. I forgot about the auto save feature. I had been running into tiny lag spikes and I think that's it. My game did crash once and I checked the saves and there was an auto save. It was like 20 minutes before I had done all the cool stuff, but yay.

It might auto save randomly like every... x amount played. It was an awkward time like 10:24 or something or if you visit somewhere? maybe?

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 7:37 AM Last edited by christmas fear : 4th Sep 2014 at 7:51 AM.
what.......... lovcat how do you enable it..??

maybe i just don't notice things.. (but i doubt this is the case) i'm like 90% sure my game isn't autosaving. even when i visited a lot and it crashed. it only crashed 2 times out of all my time playing. hmp. i disabled my virus software while i play, just in case..

maybe there would be a mod that changes the minutes in between auto saving or something
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 10:59 AM
I just finished a session of building and playing for 4 hrs and thought there was a lag going on because it paused for like 5 seconds then went on. I stopped playing to come here and see if anyone else had that issue and found the post here. Something to ask about I guess, but I haven't seen a box to tick in options.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Theorist
#7 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
what.......... lovcat how do you enable it..??

maybe i just don't notice things.. (but i doubt this is the case) i'm like 90% sure my game isn't autosaving. even when i visited a lot and it crashed. it only crashed 2 times out of all my time playing. hmp. i disabled my virus software while i play, just in case..

maybe there would be a mod that changes the minutes in between auto saving or something

I'm honestly not sure how or if I did enable anything. I'm gonna have to check tomorrow since my power is out and I'm stuck on mobile. Glad to hear someone else is having the 5 second lag.

Lewis do the sounds keep playing during the pause?

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
Mad Poster
#8 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 11:27 AM
No, everything stops.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 12:14 PM
Mine auto saves - I was surprised when I saw it in the list of save games as I didn't notice any pausing or stuttering.

(Playing in Bootcamp on a late 2013 retina MacBook Pro with dedicated graphics)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 12:19 PM
I think it's enabled by default but really only works when it wants to. I always have a save file called something like "My Save 1 (Auto)" but that save time is usually hours behind my actual last save....