Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 12:41 PM
Default Ultimate Collection is suddenly very slow?
Hi chicos and chicas!

I've played TS2: Ultimate Collection probably thousand of times on the computer I am currently using. I install tons of CC at times, mix with the game files to change up things that you can etc. with mixed results, but it has always been a good flow. I decided I wanted to start fresh so I deleted all CC. The game is suddenly incredibly choppy to the point that it's almost unplayable - other games on my computer like The Sims 3 or Portal 2 is working perfectly just like it always has, but it's like my The Sims 2 game has become infected or something. I decided to delete the whole Documents/The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection folder; still the game was choppy. I decided to re-install EVERYTHING; and still the game is choppy. I have absolutely no idea how this can just be?

Could it perhaps be that my graphics card updated? (It does at times without telling me) and the game files got crazy irritated by the new settings? (My computer language is far from perfect as you see). I have tried to launch the game as if it would be played on Windows 7/Vista - not possible.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 1:09 PM
So, from my understanding you're on Windows 10? SecuROM may have decided right now was a great time to start showing incompatibility issues.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
So, from my understanding you're on Windows 10? SecuROM may have decided right now was a great time to start showing incompatibility issues.

Yes, Windows 10.

SecuROM is to blame for this? I installed a SecuROM-remover program and it did it's business - no changes to The Sims 2 game
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 3:50 PM
What I always do is to send people read forum at http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=21
All this kind of questions can have the best answers there.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Nov 2016 at 10:23 PM
Following this fixed it, I downloaded a graphics cards file!

https://www.reddit.com/r/sims/comme...cegraphics_try/