Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
In the Arena
retired moderator
#26 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 7:48 AM
Because everything you needed to know is in the FAQ Whiterider linked you to.
You're getting confused with all the terms and steps, aren't you?

Download the CC
  • Where is the file you downloaded? Most people just download to the Desktop
  • You can create a subfolder on your Desktop if you want - call it "Sims3Downloads" or something you can easily identify to keep your downloads organised
  • If it is Store/Exchange items, they will appear in your Downloads folder (in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3) when you're done downloading - see .Sims3Pack section below

What file format is this download?
  • What file did you download? .zip or .rar or .Sims3Pack?
    1. if .zip or .rar, you just need one program to extract the contents; WinZIP is fine
    2. right-click on this file and choose WinZIP and then "Extract Here"
    3. you'll get another file that has been "extracted"
  • if .Sims3Pack - see .Sims3Pack section below

What file format is the "extracted" file in?
  • What content is this "extracted" file in, in Sims3Packs or .package file format?
    1. If Sims3Packs
      • see .Sims3Pack section below
    2. If .packages
      • install the CC Framework first
      • see .package section below

Install CC Framework
  • Download MonkeyBars Framework Installer tool onto your Desktop
  • create a folder called "MonkeyBars" on your desktop
  • double-click on the "MonkeyBars" folder you just created and cut+paste the "MonkeyBars.rar" into this new folder
  • right-click on this file and choose WinZIP and then "Extract Here"
  • double-click on the extracted "FrameworkInstaller.exe"
  • click the big "Install" button at the bottom-right corner
  • take note of the "The Sims 3 Games I have:"
    • we're going to need this path for "The Sims 3"
  • leave this program opened

Is the file a .Sims3Pack?
  • put the file in the Downloads folder in your User documents path (in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3)
  • use the Launcher to install this item

Is the file a .package?
  • open a Windows Explorer window or double-click on My computer
  • go back to the Framework program, and copy that path I asked you to take note of
  • switch back to Windows Explorer
  • in the Explorer's address bar, press CTRL+V to paste the path you just copied
  • press ENTER
  • you should now be in the \Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ folder
    • if you do not have a Vista or Windows 7 64-bit Operating System, you will not have the "(x86)" in your Program Files path name
  • double-click on Mods
  • double-click on Packages
  • switch back to the "Sims3Downloads" where you had extracted the .package file
  • cut+paste this .package file into the \Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages folder

Load up the game and test!
  • you do know where to look for the item, I hope?

Now, after that long list of instructions, short of going to your house and doing *it* for you myself, I don't know how else to help you if you're still confused. If you get stuck, tell me at which step by quoting (use the quote/reply button on this post) it in your next post as follows (without the space before the closing square " ]" bracket).

[quote ]paste the parts that confuse you here[/quote ]
Page 2 of 2