Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 3rd Apr 2010 at 6:27 PM
Have had no crashes since 3-28, when I downloaded and installed Service Pack 3 for the third time. Apparently the first two attempts to install made Windows unstable which only showed up when the system was stressed by playing TS3.

This is all surmise on my part, but it is fact that no new crashes. And yesterday I patched to version 8 and played for six hours patched and using my little bit of CC and had no problems at all. Hopefully it will continue.

Don't know if this info would be of help to anyone else with a crashing problem but thought I should pass it on anyway.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 4:22 AM
I am having Crash problem too!! Crash so much , i use v3.2/1.11/2.6 - Win7 64bit - System: core i7, ram 6GB, vga 285GT... Since i installed lastest patch from v3.1/2.4/1,9. Some CC is lost and game always meet Crash !!!
Mad Poster
#28 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 5:17 AM
Twa, you need to make your own post, see this sticky, this one will likely be closed anyway since the original poster solved their issue.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#29 Old 4th Apr 2010 at 6:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hedgekat
...I patched to version 8 ...
Erm..for the game? or for the graphic drivers? In any case, glad to hear the crashing has stopped, at least.

For the benefit of other members, can you detail what you did? (if it's not on the list below or I've assumed wrongly. Thx!)
A summary at the end of things ties up loose ends nicely, too.
Eg,
- tested without CC (did Loading Crash FAQ)? check
- update drivers? check? this is the version 8.xx.xx.xxxx you meant? If you copy+paste the full string here from a new Dxdiag report, that would be so great!
- update Windows, directX, etc? check
- uninstalled EADM? check
- update BIOS? <-- did you end up doing this step?
- use FPS limiter? check
- monitor temp? check
- patch? what version now?

Quote:
I am having Crash problem too!!
Yes, Twa - don't hijack threads, search the forums first (opened threads and archived) for suggested fixes on crashing issues (there are a lot!). If none of those helped, start a thread with the information of what you have tried and any errors you encountered, and post System specs (all the crashing threads have links on how). Most likely we would make the same suggestions, anyway.
Instructor
Original Poster
#30 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 12:11 PM
- tested without CC (did Loading Crash FAQ)? check (done before I ever posted.
- update drivers? No, I still have not found my driver CD so unwilling to uninstall the current driver.

- update Windows, directX, etc? I downloaded the direct X you gave me the link to but it was the same one I already had. Only thing in Windows updater that I didn't have was SP3. Getting that successfully installed finally settled the system down.

- uninstalled EADM? Never had it installed in the first place

- update BIOS? Did not do.
- use FPS limiter? No, I turned on the fps counter in game. It never went over 40 and was well below 30 most of the time.

- monitor temp? check GPU never got over 60degrees Celsius

- patch? updated to patch 1.8.25.003001. I chose that one after reading all the patch notes on the patch page here. It sounded like it was pretty stable and the later patches didn't seem to add anything for just the base game. I figured I could add them later if/when I get an expansion.

However I find that I still can't add a core mod without the crashing starting again. I very carefully selected one from here that was made for patch 1.8. Mod works fine but game random crashes again. Take mod out, game fine. Other custom content that was previously apparently causing crashes has worked fine all the past week.

I have read posts on other forums from people having the same pattern of crashing that I did and who have much more powerful systems than mine. One reported she had no crashes if she saved very frequently (like every 15 minutes.)
In the Arena
retired moderator
#31 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 5:12 PM
Okies, thanks for that...

Re: the core mod crashing - have you tried testing with this mod on its own with no other CC in \Mods\Packages\?
Remember to delete caches whenever you add/remove CC. With mods/hacks, just deleting the scriptcache.package would do.
Oh! and test with a new town, as always.
Page 2 of 2