Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 10:25 AM
Oh I see what the problem is now, I had to put them under my document folder instead of program files.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 8:36 PM
Thanks dude helped my heeeaps!
Field Researcher
#53 Old 11th Feb 2010 at 11:59 AM Last edited by Simsimillian : 11th Feb 2010 at 12:15 PM.
I ask you to excuse my n00bness but I've never actually used S3OC or PE before, just looked around in it to go 'ooh '... so I can't figure out how to make the CAW texture I just tweaked availiable as terrain paint (it doesn't even show up in CAW, the area surrounding the lot just looks solid brown
I can create a texture allright, but how do I get the game to recognise the texture in EIG?

ok I think it might be because I have no clue how to set the options when saving the .dds
Can anyone tell me what they are? Like do I need an alpha and should I convert to 16bit?
Test Subject
#54 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 10:18 PM
i created my textures with paint.net. very simple to do, you can save in .dds and CaW recognises it.

after you select the name and the format another window pops up, if you want to make a texture that is small in size but still looks good and an have alpha channels then select DXT5 and tick the 'generate mip maps' box, the rest of that box i am not sure what they do and have not noticed any difference in the image.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 10:54 PM
thanks, I figured it out though, don't know what happened but the textures did show up after a save or two...

Now what happens is that whenevr I try to save a .TGA file (even without modifying it!), photoshop wonks it up completely. I don't know why so I gave up on that. I thought it might be a help in making the corner sidewalk tile dissapear but it's probably not...
Test Subject
#56 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 8:03 AM
Default These are amazing!!!
I will Admit that I was only looking for textures and paints with no other intentions. I these are so amazing that I had to drop back by to this post to say great job Martine. I download over 200 textures, and all my faves are yours. keep up the good work, if you make any more please drop me a message!
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator
#57 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 10:41 PM
So awesome thanks a bunch! =D

Need to know which object came with which EP or SP? Check the CEP Object database
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 8:13 PM
Thanks, I love your textures!
Test Subject
#59 Old 25th Feb 2010 at 6:52 PM
Thank you so much.
Test Subject
#60 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 4:20 AM
Thank you so much. I will work on a world now. These are great!
Instructor
#61 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 10:13 AM
Thank you!

No, u can't haz cheezburger
Test Subject
#62 Old 20th Mar 2010 at 6:43 AM
Thanks so much! These are awesome!!
Test Subject
#63 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 1:19 AM
Thank you, sorry couldn't find the button...
Test Subject
#64 Old 2nd Apr 2010 at 7:29 PM
Martine - when in CAW I try use the WA Pavement parttern how do i make my road look exactly like this ( Steet textures,sidewalktextures etc)
Test Subject
#65 Old 14th Apr 2010 at 3:14 AM
I <3 you! A snow texture! (I was getting brain hurt trying to figure out how to make my own....)
Test Subject
#66 Old 21st Apr 2010 at 11:28 PM
Thank You! These are just what I am looking for!
Test Subject
#67 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 1:25 AM
Thank you so much!

When I first got Sims 3, I was so disappointed to see that there was no option for snow terrain >_< You're a life saver!
Test Subject
#68 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 8:49 PM
Heheh! Thank you so much for these! :D
Mad Poster
#69 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 2:25 PM
:lovestruc I love you! The best pack I've seen so far, and I hugely appreciate your hard work cuz really--that shale was absolutely CLASSIC EA ingenuity wth!?
Test Subject
#70 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 6:31 PM
Excellent work.. I came looking for some nice grass textures and found much more.
Test Subject
#71 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 8:45 PM
These are fantastic! Thanks a million!
Test Subject
#72 Old 28th Sep 2010 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Okay, here's a few I've made for my own use in my world in progress. Maybe they'll be useful for you guys. The set is made around the colours in the beach rocks you can place in your world - dark, medium, and light grey with a touch of warmer tones.

Three colours of stone, to match the different shades in the beach rock: Dark, medium, and light.

Two colours of dirt, somewhat darker and desaturated from the game's originals: Dark and light.

Two colours of grass, also somewhat darker and desaturated: Dark and detail - the detail version has an alpha.

One colour of sand: darker and made to match more closely the colours of the beach rock.

EDIT: Added all of these as terrain paints you can use on your lots too, so if you use these in CAW you can paint areas of your lots to match. Thanks to Inge and Peter for S3OC/S3PE.

All are clearly named. Use and abuse freely, for whatever, however, I don't care.

Is there any way you could repost these as a .zip, .dds, or .exe?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#73 Old 29th Sep 2010 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DiscoBiskitts
Is there any way you could repost these as a .zip, .dds, or .exe?

Whatever you use to unarchive zip will unarchive rar. If for some really bizarre reason they don't, then get either 7zip or winrar, both are free and both handle rar and zip files.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#74 Old 5th Oct 2010 at 3:35 PM
Bakafox is working on a volcanic island and, due to issues with the Gimp plugin, was unable to make black sand personally. I gave it a shot using both the WA Sand Dark and the WA Sand Drifts. After checking with Martine, I am uploading here for anyone else who may have use for black sand. Bakafox did use in CAW and these worked.

Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Volcanic Sand.rar (4.77 MB, 696 downloads) - View custom content

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
The other one
#75 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 5:41 AM
Hope you don't mind me posting this here, please let me know if there's a more appropriate place.

I'm working on a little small mountain town and wanted a smaller, more faded dirt path that could be used as a little track up a mountain so I made a modified opacity.dds file (You can change it from dirt to any other pattern you have). Here's what I came up with, hope it's useful to somebody else.

Edit: just realised it looks like its not centered, it is. It's just that I stupidly took a pic of the end that's not actually attached to a path intersection yet
Attached files:
File Type: zip  dirt_sidewalk_opacity_thin_missroxor.zip (2.1 KB, 441 downloads) - View custom content

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Page 3 of 7