Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th May 2010 at 8:21 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Game Doesn't Load
I did a fresh install with a digital version of TS3 and World Adventures provided to me by EA. I'm having the same issue I had when I had a disc version of it. The game loads (no CC or any extra content of any kind) and then get's to the title screen with the loading bar and stops. The cursor keeps revolving and the bar never grows. There is no music in the background either.

My specs are all good except my CPU is a little off on it's speed. My fiancee's computer is a lot worse than mine yet she can run the game, which has me a little perplexed.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th May 2010 at 8:30 PM
I use the process monitor to see where it hangs, sometimes it gives insight into what the error is or what files are borked.

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...r_.28Windows.29

I'd like to build a world, a better world.
Guess I'll start here...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th May 2010 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ashillion
I use the process monitor to see where it hangs, sometimes it gives insight into what the error is or what files are borked.

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...r_.28Windows.29

I ran the program and I got two files total on the Summary page.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game Data\Shared\Packages\DeltaBuild0.package

and

C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\World Adventures\Game\Bin\UI\UI.package
Field Researcher
#4 Old 28th May 2010 at 9:35 PM
were those files loading over and over? or is one not loading? that is odd. are you patched all the way? or maybe it's as simple as one of those files are corrupt... really sucks it won't load... I've googled and only found one ref to this type problem, that user had to re download the game from EA.

Maybe someone else with more knowledge here will see this post and have the answer. or *if* you can get in the EA forums there are some threads there. I can only get the forums there to load 1/2 the time. that is before 6:00 central time. lol. after 6 i almost never get the forums there to load.

Guess I'll start here...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th May 2010 at 9:45 PM
I emailed the EA tech support for a long time the past few weeks. They pushed my issue as far up the ladder they could go. Couldn't find anything. It's a real bummer since the game worked when I first got it.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 28th May 2010 at 11:45 PM
My techie friend tells me maybe you should uninstall the game. then reinstall in "compatibility mode". then right click your desktop icon and "run in compatibility mode". He said with other games he has had similar problems with 64 bit os's.

worth a shot. maybe.

are you running vista or win7?

Guess I'll start here...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th May 2010 at 5:20 AM
I'm running Vista x64 Home Edition. How do you install in compatibility mode? I have the Direct2Drive version at the moment, but I can use the disc for at least TS3. I tried running the game straight from the .exe while under compatibility mode but it didn't work. Maybe I didn't put it in the right one? I chose Windows XP Service Pack 2.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#8 Old 29th May 2010 at 6:09 AM
Hang on...those are the only 2 files being loaded as reported in ProcMon?
Or the only two shown as being loaded repeatedly?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th May 2010 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharm3d
Hang on...those are the only 2 files being loaded as reported in ProcMon?
Or the only two shown as being loaded repeatedly?

Yeah, those were the ONLY files listed on ProcMons Summary.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#10 Old 29th May 2010 at 7:01 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following as listed below:
  • General - Post System Specs
    We need more information before we can help with your issue. Please post your system specs - instructions on finding them are here: Game Help:System Specswiki.

If it is not specifically asked, please provide the Quick summary only.
  • Sims 3 - Uninstall
    This Game_Help:TS3_Uninstallwiki link has the step-by-step instructions to guide you through uninstalling The Sims 3, and its packs (EP/SP).

If you're reinstalling because you're reverting to an older patch, or just do not want to use the Launcher/EADM to patch, read this FAQ Game_Help:TS3_Patchingwiki once through before patching and then follow the guide.
Quote: Originally posted by gijoothewarhero
... I'm having the same issue I had when I had a disc version of it.
What was this issue that EA let you have a digital version replacement? For free? Same issue of game not loading you mean? The game has never worked at all since the beginning?

So, now you have a disc and a digital version (via Direct2Drive?) for both games? Urm, if you get an EA replacement why not via EADM? Color me confused.

What patch version are you running, now?
And no CC at all, including those in .Sims3Pack format? Not even Riverview and Store/Exchange free items?

When you installed the digital version(s), how did you uninstall? (did you uninstall first?) Did you remove registry entries and leftover folders to start over on a clean slate?
Is EADM still installed and on auto-startup or never installed/already disabled?

I think we need to start over. So..
1. post specs.
2. follow the guide to uninstall everything, including EADM if you still have that and the Document files. (CAW too.)
3. let's use the disc versions first and install base game only (skip EADM install for now).

Then load the retail version (1.0) to test with a New game, and report back with status plus the full text of your skuversion.txt file (instructions in Patching wiki).

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detailing exactly which you have done and which steps failed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th May 2010 at 7:18 PM
==System==
Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
System Model: N80Vm
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz (2CPUs), ~2.3GHz
Memory: 4094MB RAM
Page File: 1728MB used, 6641MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
==Display==
Name: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GS
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip Type: GeForce 9600M GS
Approx. Total Memory: 2797 MB
Main Driver: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2
Version: 8.17.0011.9716 (English)
Driver Date: 3/16/2010 8:01:53 PM

==Sound==
Description: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
Driver Name: HdAudio.sys
Driver Version: 6.00.6002.18005 (English)
Date: 4/10/2009 22:39:52

==Disk & DVD/CD-ROM Drives==
Drive: C:
Free Space: 15.1 GB
Total Space: 152.6 GB
File System: NTFS
Model: ST9320320AS
===========================

The game only recently started not working. It's the same issue I had with the disc version. EA entitled my account with their digital versions for free. The game did work when I first got it. It worked fine too.

EA gave me the digital version through EADM, I misspoke when I said D2D.

I'm on patch: 2.6.11.005017
No CC whatsoever. It's a clean install and I tried to get it to work before I uploaded/downloaded/installed anything else.

I deleted all the folders and files I could find and the Electronic Arts folder in the registry. If there was anymore than that, I did not get it.
EADM is still installed and was installed when I did the un/install for TS3. Is it possible to not have it? It's rather annoying.

Uninstalling/reinstalling now.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#12 Old 29th May 2010 at 8:27 PM
If you're not using digital versions, you can skip dealing with EADM totally for the moment.

So, what changed recently to cause the game to stall while loading?

The OS is at Service Pack 2?
Other than that, like you said, with this specs, the game should be able to run the game, albeit maybe on low settings and not with blazing fast speeds.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th May 2010 at 8:39 PM
If you're not using digital versions, you can skip dealing with EADM totally for the moment.

So, what changed recently to cause the game to stall while loading?

The OS is at Service Pack 2?
Other than that, like you said, with this specs, the game should be able to run the game, albeit maybe on low settings and not with blazing fast speeds.

skuversion:

GameVersion = 1.0.631.00001
Code:0.DL-0.0.11195
Asset:1.Content.Devtest.1397
Thumbnails:1.Thumbnail.dl.933
TCC:1.TCC.dl.1209
CiderVersion#002432

I can't think of anything that has changed recently to make the game not work. The base game works just fine. It loads up properly and plays good. I'm guessing it's a patch issue?

And yes, my OS is updated to SP2. The game runs fine at higher than average detail without lagging one bit.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#14 Old 29th May 2010 at 8:57 PM
OK, install WA and let it patch base game to 1.5.

Then test - bypass Launcher, run via TS3EP01.exe - can the game on 1.5/2.0 load?

If OK, use a direct download .exe file and patch both games to 1.11/2.6 level. Test again?

If not, post back with exact error message, please and at which stage this occurs.
(All while still CC-free and with a new game.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th May 2010 at 9:46 PM
OK, install WA and let it patch base game to 1.5.

Then test - bypass Launcher, run via TS3EP01.exe - can the game on 1.5/2.0 load?

If OK, use a direct download .exe file and patch both games to 1.11/2.6 level. Test again?

If not, post back with exact error message, please and at which stage this occurs.
(All while still CC-free and with a new game.)

It won't let me install WA without updating TS3 first.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 29th May 2010 at 10:40 PM
what version of the base game are you at now?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 29th May 2010 at 10:43 PM

My EADM version of WA won't install without it being updated first. Is it possible to find the 1.5 patch online? I couldn't find it.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 29th May 2010 at 10:54 PM
have you tried the patch downloads here on MTS? Patch Downloads
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 30th May 2010 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by werismyki
have you tried the patch downloads here on MTS? Patch Downloads

Yes, the 1.5 patch isn't available for some reason, it goes from 1.4 to 1.7.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 30th May 2010 at 12:23 AM
that is correct. I think the 1.5 patch mentioned would be a misnomer. You want to go from 1.4.6 to 1.7.9
I believe, once you are at 1.7.9 you should be able to install WA
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 30th May 2010 at 1:04 AM
The game loads and plays fine with 1.7.9 patch and base WA. Should I update from 1.7 to 1.11 THEN update WA? Or just update WA?
Mad Poster
#22 Old 30th May 2010 at 1:22 AM
follow this guide now - Game Help:TS3 PatchingEPNoSP You will be looking to steps 7 - 12
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 30th May 2010 at 3:14 AM
The game runs! I'm amazed. EA needs to get new technical support. I haven't tried CC yet but I'm just excited that it finally works. I've been itching to play the Sims for a loooong time now.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 30th May 2010 at 3:25 AM
Way to Go!! and Good Luck! Gonna leave this open if you need to report cc issues.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 30th May 2010 at 5:29 AM
Just ran a quick test with some baseline texture replacement mods and it's all in fine working order. Glad it's finally fixed. Thanks for everyones help!
Locked thread | Locked by: ellacharm3d Reason: resolved-incomplete install
Page 1 of 2