Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 12:26 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions
After reinstalling mods dont show up
Okay thanks to that stupid error log message I kept getting I reinstalled the game and placed my mods folder back where it should be but it didn't work so i placed it in C: but still nothing.
WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING WRONG!
I know theres another thread about this but doesn't help.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 12:40 AM
You followed these instructions exactly? Game Help:Installing Sims 3 Package Fileswiki

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 1:06 AM
It doesnt work. I still can't see the stuff i got off from thesimsresource on the downloaded items. And if I update it then I'll get the same error I got before.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 1:08 AM
As far as I know, TSR stuff is all sims3packs. Is it sims3packs or .package files you're having trouble with?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 1:10 AM
all. before the error happened I had already unpacked the stuff from TSR and got stuff off from booty as well as NRAAS archive and and here
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 1:19 AM
Okay, first up, what's your patch version right now? You can check it by hovering over the basegame icon in the bottom of the Launcher window.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 1:27 AM
Ver: 1.0.631.00001
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 9:49 AM
You definitely need to patch. The error you were getting before can be resolved, but honestly, at that patch level, you'll be lucky to find any CC that works beyond the very simplest objects and CAS content - you won't be able to use lots, any hacks, or many sims - and you can't install any EPs or SPs either.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Jul 2011 at 12:32 PM Last edited by ellacharm3d : 5th Jul 2011 at 4:12 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 3569700, 3569705, 3570277
ok.........

----------
Now Im back to getting that error log message when I go to the launcher. -_-

----------
...some help on to get rid of it other than uninstalling and reinstalling would help...
In the Arena
retired moderator
#10 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 4:15 AM
You realized the installing CC guide states "The Sims 3 is patched to 1.12.70 or higher...", right?

Game Help:TS3 Patching:Common Errorswiki Are you patched then? Nothing there helps?
Especially this Game Help:Launcher Issueswiki?

Telling us what the exact error is would help, too.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 4:25 PM
I did it says Please check error log for information and the ver says 0.000.00 and by "user folders" does it mean all the folders?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#12 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 4:05 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Post Your Game Versions
    In order to help you we need more information on your game versions.
    If you need help finding what your game versions are see the links below:
    Please post the game version for each game that you have,
    (i.e. 1.12.70.006001 or 2.12.8.009017)
    • Base Game =
    • World Adventures =
    • High End Loft =
    • Ambitions =
    • Fast Lane =
    • Late Night =
    • Outdoor Living =
    • Generations =

Quote: Originally posted by Pollenfairy
"user folders" does it mean all the folders?
Yes, everything under "The Sims 3" folder, so it is easier to rename that "The Sims 3" parent folder in Documents.

Doing the suggestions in the Launcher wiki and updating EADM/Origins did not solve those "error log" and "0.0.0.0" issues?

You have updated the game(s)? Post gameversions please. Instructions in link above.

Or, actually you can do this Game Help:GCCTSU3 ModsVerifyFrameworkwiki.
And post your dump info in your next post (just select all, copy+paste the contents of that file) in between [spoiler]dump info contents go here[ /spoiler] tags.
Remove the " " before the "/" before you post, though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 5:03 PM
Yes but when I updated the version no for the base game the number turned to 0.000.00 (ive tried Ambitions but it didnt wanna work)
In the Arena
retired moderator
#14 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 5:17 PM
You're updating via Launcher? With an updated/current Origins?

Game Help:TS3 Patching:Patch_Download/Currentwiki
Use the files there to update. The base game file is huge, so you have to be patient to download the whole thing. Probably why Launcher stalled.

Hang on, you didn't do the manual check for gameversion via the skuversion.txt as shown in the Wiki? Is it still showing 1.0.631?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 5:25 PM Last edited by Pollenfairy : 6th Jul 2011 at 5:39 PM.
No it says: 0.000.00 -o-
Yup I was right it says 0.0.0 and still giving me the error log message
In the Arena
retired moderator
#16 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 5:33 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 3 - Installing / Patching / Uninstalling
    1. Whether you are Installing for the first time or Reinstalling, be sure to read the Game Help:Installwiki FAQ.
      -
    2. This Game_Help:TS3_Uninstallwiki link has the step-by-step instructions to guide you through uninstalling The Sims 3,
      and its (EP/SP) packs. As well as removing any leftovers after uninstalling.
      -
    3. The Game_Help:TS3_Patchingwiki Guide provides information on:
      • Tips Before You Begin
      • Patching Common Errors
      • Manual Patch Downloads
      • Invalid File Errors and more

Uh Oh! I think things are too messed up right now. We might as well start over and ensure things are proper.

Follow our guide on uninstalling.
In the Introduction of the Patching wiki, we have a guide on how to install and in what order, etc. Use the Alternative method from Game Help:TS3 PatchingEPSPwiki, with the exe patch files I provided the link to in my previous post.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 4:03 PM
ugh my computer doesnt want to read the disc for re installation ><
In the Arena
retired moderator
#18 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 2:54 AM
Can the PC read other discs?
If you have another system, can the disc be recognized there?

You may also want to clean the disc - Game Help:Installwiki
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 7:41 PM
1. my laptop is the only thing that can read discs
2. it can read others fine.
3.I don't have a fiber cloth to clean my disc with.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#20 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 8:08 AM
Options I see are
1. go out and buy the cloth cleaner whatever
2. do a local install - see wiki I provided above, see if Windows Explorer can read it better than the Installer program
3. download a digital copy after registering @EA.com and downloading Origins.

What's the error message when you try to install? Maybe it can give us a clue on what's wrong with it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 1:57 AM
I finally managed to clean it with alcohol and a bowl and a papertowel it installed fine but the update patch doesn't it still gives me the same problem
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#22 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 9:22 AM
So, to patch, you updated EADM/Origin? And you downloaded the manual patch exe, instead of using the Launcher to patch? Were there any errors or problems when patching?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 5:21 PM
I'm trying to manually install the patch now.
same error -_-
I would like someone who has teamviewer help me because I've tried everything and uninstalling doesn't help.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#24 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 5:44 PM
To reduce misunderstandings, what is this "error"? What is the exact wording?

And can you also paste the link or filename of this manual patch file you downloaded?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 5:55 PM
its the same patch 1.2 something and its the same error "Please see error log for details"
Page 1 of 2