Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2013 at 11:51 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Audio cut out problems after installing Island Paradise
I installed IP the other day and since then my audio is repeatedly cutting out for several seconds. This is only happening in-game, and only since I installed IP, never had this problem in the weeks before that I've been playing.

I've reinstalled my audio drivers and tried playing around with the sample rate, with no change. I even tried forcing V-Sync following a helpful suggestion from Reddit, but that didn't help. I haven't had any response to the thread I posted on the official forums. Game is still playable otherwise, but the audio cutting out is ultra-annoying.

DxDiag available if required.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 2:17 PM
Default Island Paradise unplayable thanks to a sound issue
Everytime I start a new game in Isla Paradiso or just move there the sound starts to glitch after a couple of minutes. The sound goes on and off and it sounds like someone was plugging your speakers or headphones on and off all the time. It just makes the game unplayable.

The problem only occurs in Isla Paradiso and it doesn't matter whether or not you have mods, CC or cheats. Deleting cache files didn't help either.

I'd really like to know what is causing this problem and how to get it fixed.
Scholar
#3 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 3:10 PM
I only had this issue when testing the 1.55 version of awesomemod. Without it, I hadn't suffered from this glitch. Are ya using it?
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 3:40 PM
You are not the only one. I, too, am experiencing the sound problem, as are at least three others of which I am aware. Apparently, it only happens in the IP world, so it's got to have something to do with a uniqueness to that world, whether it be a sound effect, routing issues, hidden islands, a resort, etc. No one has come up with any solutions yet. Clearing caches and updating drivers does nothing.
#5 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 7:33 PM
Yea I have had the problem since I installed awesomemod test version as well the only thing is removing the mod doesn't help. I've taken the mod out and deleted the scriptcache package but still the sound issue persists. But I did not have it at all until I installed the awesomemod test version yesterday. It was my first time ever trying the mod.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 10:58 PM
Thanks, at least that gives me some hope to know I'm not the only one and that it might be fixed.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 12:12 AM
I'm having the same audio problems. I can advise that updating your audio drivers and changing the sampling rate doesn't have any effect.

I wonder if maybe something int the world may be incompatible with certain hardware? I'm using Realtek HD audio onboard my mobo with 5.1 surround. Are other people with the same or different setups having the same problems?
Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 12:27 AM
I'm also having the same problem. Using a Creative X-Fi sound card and headphones; everything else works fine, but I mostly get nothing but static in-game. Sometimes (usually when I switch from buy/build to live or unpause) the sound comes back for a few seconds but it doesn't last.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 5:55 AM
I have this same issue to. I am hoping there will be a fix sooner or later

I don't have a signature, because I was to lazy to make one.
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 1:15 PM
Happens to me too. And it's not related to audio settings either, I tried muting and lowering sound to minimum, I still heard popping in my earphones/PC speakers.
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 1:18 PM
Happens to me on my laptop and I have IDT HD.
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 5:44 PM
I have the same issue with on-board Realtek HD Audio.

I think it could be related to boats and general path-finding problems. The sound started to cut off after about 1 Sim-day in a freshly installed game.
Some people were also saying that the sound temporarily returns after resetting a Sim. I also have Sims getting stuck in boats on the roads, unable to move.
There is at least one person on official forums claiming he had the issue with no mods, but so far the majority of the affected people started their game with the test version of awesomemod. After the issue starts, removing awesomemod does not help, as The Wild Turkey said.
Test Subject
#13 Old 3rd Jul 2013 at 6:43 PM
I also had the test version of Awesomemod installed, if that helps.

One weird development I noticed: if the game locks-up completely to the point where I need to force it to close, the sound comes back perfectly. Waves, music, etc. all starts up again the moment it locks up.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 3:34 AM
Looking at the different types of audio hardware people have posted, it at least doesn't appear to be a problem with a specific brand, or even limited to onboard or seperate sound card. Possibly a DirectX issue?
Test Subject
#15 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 10:04 AM
Default Awesomemod is the culprit
I have started a new game in IP without Awesomemod (Nraas instead), and I have no problems with the sound.
Sims stopped to try riding boats on land too.

You might try it as well and see if it works.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 12:44 PM
Hmm, started a new game, with Awesomemod installed, and played for a good half hour with no problems. Saved it, then quite and reloaded, still no sound problems. Loaded up the previous game I had been playing with the sound problems. As soon as it loaded, the sound started cutting in and out.

Seems it might be a problem attached to certain save files.
Test Subject
#17 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 8:58 PM Last edited by Manda77 : 4th Jul 2013 at 9:10 PM.
I am also having the same issue with my audio. I have tried all the same things yall have. I have put in a request for help on official site as well, and no response yet.

Posted here today:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3...268854#U1268854
Alchemist
#18 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 10:05 PM
I have the exact same issue.
Test Subject
#19 Old 5th Jul 2013 at 10:18 PM
I started a new game in Isla Paradiso without the Awesomemod's test version and haven't had any problems during the 5 days I've been playing it. Some claimed that they had this problem even when they started a new game without any mods, so that's why I didn't even try that at first. Thanks to juansfalcin for making me try it anyway.
Scholar
#20 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 1:01 AM
I was playing in Sunset Valley and it was fine, even added a port and a scuba diving spot. No problems at all, untill I installed awesomemod again, then the sound issues started again. For now, I must insist the problem is with AM, even with the released to the public version. So you guys should try posting there and maybe Pescado could try and find what's wrong.
Test Subject
#21 Old 6th Jul 2013 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by summerstormv
Yea I have had the problem since I installed awesomemod test version as well the only thing is removing the mod doesn't help. I've taken the mod out and deleted the scriptcache package but still the sound issue persists. But I did not have it at all until I installed the awesomemod test version yesterday. It was my first time ever trying the mod.

The error sticks on your save file, so you will have to use a backup from before the problem started or start all over again. I have the same problem and went used one backup from the save folder and its ok now. At least for a while, but ts nice to know that apparently is AwesomeMod the one causing the error. I thought it was overwatch or Story Progression as while playing I would get a script error along with the sound issue, but even without the error I still get the sound problem.
Test Subject
#22 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 7:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KimmoDER
I started a new game in Isla Paradiso without the Awesomemod's test version and haven't had any problems during the 5 days I've been playing it. Some claimed that they had this problem even when they started a new game without any mods, so that's why I didn't even try that at first. Thanks to juansfalcin for making me try it anyway.

I tried this without any mods installed and tried opening a new game and I am still having this issue, any thoughts on what else could be causing it? It's driving me CRAZY lol
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jofe
The error sticks on your save file, so you will have to use a backup from before the problem started or start all over again. I have the same problem and went used one backup from the save folder and its ok now. At least for a while, but ts nice to know that apparently is AwesomeMod the one causing the error. I thought it was overwatch or Story Progression as while playing I would get a script error along with the sound issue, but even without the error I still get the sound problem.

I am not sure how this would work, I have tried playing all of mine since the install of IP and the update and I have saved each one. So do this mean I have to clear them all and start fresh all over again??
Test Subject
#24 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 7:41 AM
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

This is his answer to the sound issue....

Re: AwesomeMod Bug Report Thread
« Reply #1204 on: 2013 June 30, 08:32:01 »

When is CAS not slow, though? And I really don't think AwesomeMod can do anything with sound, as sound exists at a lower level than the script codes.
Test Subject
#25 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 2:05 PM
Thanks to all who posted. Removing Awesome Mod and reverting to an earlier save solved the issue. I'm now relying on NRAAS solely.
Page 1 of 2