Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 7:42 PM
Default career outfilts?
i cant get the clothing to show up for my career. i know that you have to do it halves, and in reverse, but its still not showing up. they just wear their normal clothes to work. what am i doing wrong? please somebody show me or just tell me! thanks!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Darkwander
I have a problem where my new Career comes up, however it is at level 6 instead of starting at the level 1. I know someone mensioned Skill points, my Sim had 4 points, one on Charisma, one on Body, One on Logic and Creativity.

I am trying to make it so that you have to start on Level 1, but can't get it to work....

I had the same problem! And my test Sims didn't have any skill points, so this was really weird for me. Anybody have any info about this?
Instructor
#103 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 4:57 AM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 23rd Dec 2006 at 6:47 AM. Reason: edited to combine posts
Hey thanks so much it is a great tutorial! i am still doing the chance cards but thank you still for this amazing tutorial!

Hey is there anyway u can copy and paste into the job descriptions and the chance cards into simPE?

Retired...

kind of.
Test Subject
#104 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 10:46 AM
Default No money bonus for each level...
Hi there ... and ... Merry Christmas!!!!

I've made my first career, starting from Emma's Template and it works quite well (many thanks Emma!!!!) ... but my sim doesn't get money bonus when he gets promotion.

He meets all the requirements to be promoted (skills, job performance and friends) and he changes career level without "congratulation" music, without description balloon (of the actual level) on the upper right corner and (mainly) without bonus money.

I would like to point out that this is not a chance card problem. I've not yet created chance cards because I would like to solve my problem before continuing my work.

Thanks for your help.

Wolf78

PS I'm italian... Sorry for my english ...
Test Subject
#105 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 5:54 AM
I need help
when i open the blank carrer it comes up in the notpad and wont open why?
Test Subject
#106 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 3:31 PM
Help!!
If on your list level 5 chance card option A good was a bonus of $50 then type 50 in 0x1 dec box and then if level 4 chance card option A good was a bonus of $500 then type 500 into 0x5 dec box and so on

what does that mean? Why level 5 in 0x1 and level 4 in 0x5??? I dont quite get it.

Please help?
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 12:46 AM
Thanks a million for the tutorial!! I've FINALLY made the career I've been meaning to make for ages now, I just have to get the chance cards in, lol.

If God intended for there to be Pay-sites for the Sims 2, He would have given us all Paypal accounts.
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 12:17 AM Last edited by Swjosdotschka : 18th Jan 2007 at 12:59 AM.
It really seems like I am too silly to do careers...
How can it be, that strink is from 1-14 if there are only 10 joblevels????

And the other problem is: Everytime I click save or save as, it will save as a data, but not as a DBPF package. So my game can not read the package
Field Researcher
#109 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 10:21 PM
I got to the part where you put in the job title and descriptions and got stuck. Since you said you type in string and don't do anything with the Desc box, I figured that was where you put the description of the first job in the career. And since I couldn't see any other place, I figured that "filename" was the most likely place for putting name of the first job in the career. (Ex: Dishwasher for the first job in the culinary career.) That doesn't seem to be correct, though, because when I clicked on the next one down (0x0002), the filename stayed the same. What am I doing wrong?

Instructor
#110 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 6:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperFly
phoenix42793- in answer to kind of everything, a 10 level career needs full chance cards. Leaving it blank will simply result in nothing showing up. However, career are meant to be read, so not including text seems a bit pointless. Like Tig said, good things take time- no career that I have created took less than two weeks to create, including writing, thinking of things and spell and grammar checking. If you're looking for something that yields faster results, try recolouring or maybe even clothing creation. If you don't have the patience then careers won't be for you.

xD I was about to ask the same thing, but that's more because I've almost given up on the genre my current career is for (a career that'd work for my Victorian females) but I want to see it through, so yeah. Thanks for warning me, Lol.
Instructor
#111 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by starfleetcadet
I got to the part where you put in the job title and descriptions and got stuck. Since you said you type in string and don't do anything with the Desc box, I figured that was where you put the description of the first job in the career. And since I couldn't see any other place, I figured that "filename" was the most likely place for putting name of the first job in the career. (Ex: Dishwasher for the first job in the culinary career.) That doesn't seem to be correct, though, because when I clicked on the next one down (0x0002), the filename stayed the same. What am I doing wrong?

'File Name' is the title for the job itself, I believe, or the title for the file, I'm not exactly sure which and I'm sure a double-check, for me at least, would explain. xP
In any case, the place where you thought the description goes is where the JOB TITLE goes. One line below it, however, is the DESCRIPTION. I think she explained this thoroughly, but maybe not.
Instructor
#112 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 6:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsCraft
AH! I tried that. Then I started up my game and had my female test sim get the job, but when it finally came up in the paper, it offered her the job at level 6 rather than level 1...I know I've done everything right up to this point, so what's the deal with that? It only changed after I added strings.

Sorry if someone already asked you this, but has your female sim gone to sim-college. Some careers are affected by that. Of course, I'm not very good at custom careers, so this may be a retarded reply. xD Still, in the default careers, then if your sim goes to college, they start out in many jobs with a higher level.
Test Subject
#113 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 12:08 AM
I can't save. Whenever I try to save, the file saves as a .BAK file and I can't open it.
Part-time Hermit
#114 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 5:55 AM
The .bak file is a back-up file SimPE creates when you edit your package. The .bak file can be opened by changing the file extension to .package, but it won't contain your latest changes. The actual package file should be the one that's the latest saved version.
Test Subject
#115 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 6:58 AM
Well there must be something wrong with my SimPE because it only saves baks
Test Subject
#116 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 11:36 PM
I really need help!!!!
I'm stuck at the chance cards. Tuning-chance card-A-good-job level. Or how ever you put it. What do i put for the career level on which i want a career promotion? ex: career level 7 chance card says YOU'VE PROMOTED! how do i get that to happen? I'm sooooo confused.
Test Subject
#118 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 7:48 AM
hey um i downloaded Sim PE light... and it says i need some... .NET Framework V2.0...

wat do i do now?

"A Sphinctr says what!?"- Wayne Campbell (Wayne's World)
Part-time Hermit
#119 Old 2nd Mar 2007 at 12:23 PM
There is a link to download NET Framework 2.0 on the SimPE download page.
Test Subject
#120 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 1:16 PM
Wut?
which one of the two thingys at the end of the thread do I download? And do you have to make a diffrent scenario for the male and female?
Part-time Hermit
#121 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 1:53 PM
The template career is what you need to download to go through the tutorial. For your second question, please, read the tutorial.
Test Subject
#122 Old 6th Mar 2007 at 4:54 PM
I think i've made something wrong...
It works in the game, there are just 2 little things that are wrong. The first thing is, that in the moment you accept the job, you seem to already have the 6th grade of the career. I mean, it shows the title and description of 0x000B and 0x000C. I can't find my mistake.
The second is the upper category. Where can I chance that? It says law for me now, but I want sports.
I hope you understand what I mean ^^'

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny.
Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
Lab Assistant
#123 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 10:46 PM
can some one please tell me why there is and option A good and option B good and the same for bad? is it because of the gender? i dont understand and i dont want to write my cards until i know for sure please help

TASH

http://passionssims2com.page.tl/

my own website. check it out
Test Subject
#124 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 9:25 PM
i am currently trying to make a custom team/elder carear, i have added a couple of levels on to it to make it a little longer. i have written the chance cards out, but the cards for the extra levels will not show up even when forcing them with that cheat box thing. Oh some thing i just tought of! it maybe that in the spot for editing there likely hood there set for zero or just not there... that might be it if its not would you happen to know what it could be? everything else works as far as i can tell except those cards...
please help me you shall

please don't hate me cause im a noob love me because... because.... crud can't think of a reason

p.s. will do custom careers (for those intrested I have an "adult" teen career if you know what i mean)
Test Subject
#125 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 10:39 PM
I keep getting an error when I`m trying to like load it. HELP?!
THis is what it says.

Exception Stack:
System.Threading.SynchronizationLockException: Object synchronization method was called from an unsynchronized block of code.
at SimPe.WaitingScreen.Stop()
at SimPe.Form1.RemoveCurrentPlugin()
at SimPe.Form1.SelectPackedFile(IPackedFileDescriptor fii)

Source:
simpe.helper

Execution Stack:
at SimPe.WaitingScreen.Stop()
at SimPe.Form1.RemoveCurrentPlugin()
at SimPe.Form1.SelectPackedFile(IPackedFileDescriptor fii)
Page 5 of 17